You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Dr_Venture

I am so lost....

25 comments in this topic

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,986 posts
4,845 battles

I am so lost with what is going on these days.

Lets rewind, I saw the PEF missions as a total waste of my time…the ship was garbage. Didn’t want to do legendary mods, and clan wars was a little silly…saw chasing steel was like keeping up with the Joneses….CV rework getting ready to hit. I backed out for a tid bit, sort my “life” out and kinda deal with some stuff.

Been building some starwars armor (any other 501ST LEGION on here???)

Cool…so now the CV rework did well, then they over nurfed and now it’s crap?

So, they are nurfing premium ships, and Soviet Battleships are coming out.

Did I miss anything?

• Cool 1

[WOSV]
Members
435 posts
2,526 battles
1 minute ago, Dr_Venture said:

Lets rewind, I saw the PEF missions as a total waste of my time…the ship was garbage. Didn’t want to do legendary mods, and clan wars was a little silly…saw chasing steel was like keeping up with the Joneses….CV rework getting ready to hit. I backed out for a tid bit, sort my “life” out and kinda deal with some stuff.

Did I miss anything?

Nope. Pretty much got everything.

Oh, except British Carriers are in live play testing right now. That's a thing.

[SIM]
Members
3,011 posts
4,795 battles

Nope, you're pretty much all caught up. It's been a depressing couple of weeks in World of Warships. You're probably better off continuing to work on your replica armor that would actually be more effective protection than real Storm Trooper armor ("WHY DO WE EVEN WEAR THIS!?")

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[WUDPS]
4,986 posts
4,845 battles
Just now, Halonut24 said:

Oh yeah forgot that...they don't have the armored hangers that should make them nigh impossible to citadel...

Members
3,312 posts
1,458 battles

Azuma got moved to tier 9 (still not released)

No Alaska.

Ranked is tier 9 and arms race.

Exeter is a future tier 5 premium cruiser (probably to be nerfed)

[WUDPS]
4,986 posts
4,845 battles

This is what I'm building...

Mudtrooper.png

• Cool 4

[WUDPS]
4,986 posts
4,845 battles
24 minutes ago, digitaljustice said:

Nice, if only Star Wars wasn't worse off than CV's these days!   :P

Nah I think it's in good hands, SOLO was grossly underrated, Last Jedi was...eh....ROGUE ONE WAS AMAZING!

Members
114 posts
4,237 battles

As much as I have complaints warships are in much better hands than Star Wars. Luke Skywalker was my lifelong hero until The Last Jedi. What they did to him was an abomination.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[REVY]
Members
1,070 posts
8,343 battles
12 minutes ago, Dr_Venture said:

Nah I think it's in good hands, SOLO was grossly underrated, Last Jedi was...eh....ROGUE ONE WAS AMAZING!

I was ok up to and includingRogue One......  then the movies seems to take a suddenly turn off into rim space.

SW Rebels got better when they added Thrawn.

Maybe the movies need to take a page out of the (Old/Legends) Extended Universe books.  X-Wing series movies anyone?

Edited by Lord_Slayer

[RTXN]
Beta Testers
883 posts
2 minutes ago, ADMitsatrap_Ackbar said:

As much as I have complaints warships are in much better hands than Star Wars. Luke Skywalker was my lifelong hero until The Last Jedi. What they did to him was an abomination.

A fictional character is/was your lifelong hero?????? :fish_palm:

[INTEL]
Members
1,016 posts
9,107 battles
56 minutes ago, Dr_Venture said:

Did I miss anything?

well...  maybe I missed that part

Members
282 posts
3,196 battles
2 minutes ago, Lord_Slayer said:

I was ok up to and includingRogue One......  then the movies seems to take a suddenly turn off into rim space.

SW Rebels got better when they added Thrawn.

Maybe the movies need to take a page out of the (Old/Legends) Extended Universe books.  X-Wing series movies anyone?

Maybe not with the current team at the helm, I don't see anything positive coming from them after SW Rouge One.  I think they underestimated the draw of the Skywalker saga.  They just see it as a super hero franchise like Avengers.  But in SW the characters are not interchangeable.  Killing off major characters hasn't gone over well, the series seems lost at the moment.

Much like the current direction this Star Trek has gone, they are trying to play to a new audience, without worrying about the existing fans.  Hopefully both will be able to correct their course and get things moving forward again.

• Cool 1

[BLHK]
Members
555 posts
3,685 battles
10 minutes ago, jmanII said:

A fictional character is/was your lifelong hero?????? :fish_palm:

A number of years ago, a survey of people found Atticus Finch to be greatest American hero. He is widely seen within the legal profession as one of the influential people in the industry.

Atticus Finch is a fictional character.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[WPP1]
Beta Testers
396 posts
4,094 battles
39 minutes ago, Dr_Venture said:

Rogue One is one of the top 3 best SW movies IMO. Last Jedi was on par with Jar Jar. Solo was meh but still better than WOWS CV change. lol

Members
3,312 posts
1,458 battles
9 minutes ago, MG1962 said:

A number of years ago, a survey of people found Atticus Finch to be greatest American hero. He is widely seen within the legal profession as one of the influential people in the industry.

I'm guessing quite a number of years ago.

[PVE]
Members
12,314 posts
8,463 battles
55 minutes ago, Dr_Venture said:

Rogue One is amazing. And it has the longest post credits scene of all time.

• Funny 1

[RTXN]
Beta Testers
883 posts
34 minutes ago, MG1962 said:

Yea...not quite.  The "people" you speak of were members of the American Film Institute.

The character in "To Kill a Mockingbird" was voted by the AFI to be the greatest hero of THE AMERICAN CINEMA.

The character and character traits of Atticus Finch are taught at some law schools.  I guess most (if not all) lawyers are that messed up that they can't produce a real life hero in the profession.  Instead they have to go to a fictional character.

https://www.webcitation.org/67oI7bsRP?url=http://connect.afi.com/site/DocServer/handv100.pdf?docID=246

[RLGN]
Members
9,392 posts
18,778 battles
2 hours ago, Halonut24 said:

Are they even in the PT? Because they weren’t when I checked before leaving for work.

[WOSV]
Members
435 posts
2,526 battles
1 minute ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Are they even in the PT? Because they weren’t when I checked before leaving for work.

I've seen an Audacious or two in my games on the normal server.

[RLGN]
Members
9,392 posts
18,778 battles
30 minutes ago, Halonut24 said:

I've seen an Audacious or two in my games on the normal server.

Same, but I meant in the current PT. Notes seem to say they would be; Tech Tree says otherwise.

[KNMSU]
Members
4,676 posts
5,097 battles
2 hours ago, QQ_Whine_Moar said:

Rogue One is one of the top 3 best SW movies IMO. Last Jedi was on par with Jar Jar. Solo was meh but still better than WOWS CV change. lol

I didn't like the main characters in Rogue One, though the supporting cast was AMAZING and the best thing to come out of Star Wars since, arguably, Count Dooku.

The new movies have been a heinous mixture of Mary Sues, horrifically stupid plots, and massive continuity breaks. I've been a fan of the films since I could practically walk, and I won't be seeing Episode IX - I just don't care anymore (and that goes double for Ryan Johnson's pending failogy). 

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Supertester
7,638 posts
7,893 battles
48 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Same, but I meant in the current PT. Notes seem to say they would be; Tech Tree says otherwise.

:Smile_hiding:

[WPP1]
Beta Testers
396 posts
4,094 battles
16 hours ago, Battleship_AndreaDoria said:

I didn't like the main characters in Rogue One, though the supporting cast was AMAZING and the best thing to come out of Star Wars since, arguably, Count Dooku.

The new movies have been a heinous mixture of Mary Sues, horrifically stupid plots, and massive continuity breaks. I've been a fan of the films since I could practically walk, and I won't be seeing Episode IX - I just don't care anymore (and that goes double for Ryan Johnson's pending failogy). 

Im pretty much right there with you. At least now SW fans know how Trek fans felt when that IP was unceremoniously changed. 

[-AH-]
Members
739 posts
3,770 battles

@Dr_Venture That's so cool you are making Mud-Trooper armor! I'm planning on joining the 501st someday, when I get out of college. Making a set of stormtrooper armor is on my bucket list. Second set will be either Scout Trooper or TIE Pilot.