You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
HorrorRoach

Will people spec out of AA now? Poll

Captain Skills after hotfix  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Will you spec out of AA now when you get a chance to play?

• Yes
    • No
    • Blended build

17 comments in this topic

[G0ATS]
[G0ATS]
Members
1,151 posts
6,896 battles

I'm just wondering, since a lot of people have spec'd their captains to see how many planes they can shoot down... What will the current hotfix AA feel like if people puts their captains back to pre-0.8.0 "normal"?

The hotfix AA strength might be in a good spot if there aren't as many AA builds floating around.

EJ

Edited by HorrorRoach

[OKM]
Members
160 posts
2,297 battles

Did not try the hot fix, but manual AA is there to stay on my ships. 

[PVE]
Members
475 posts
15 minutes ago, HorrorRoach said:

I'm just wondering, since a lot of people have spec'd their captains to see how many planes they can shoot down... What will the current hotfix AA feel like if people puts their captains back to pre-0.8.0 "normal"?

EJ

I play coop and OPs. and there is no bot  CVs.

So I don`t know what to do.

Members
980 posts
1,107 battles

I only specialized certain ships for AA. New Mexico, Kirov, Nicholas

I left my Gneisnau secondary specialized.

I am keeping my Iron Duke survivability specialized.

My Wakatake is still concealment specialized.

Etc.

[WOLF2]
Members
1,160 posts
8,217 battles

I voted yes.    Not entirely accurate, as I only respec'd three of my skippers.    The rest, I left as-is.    So, it's NO for those I never respec'd, but for those I did, I'll likely revert them back to the way they were.    Not seeing a real threat in cruiser or BB with the T4, T6, or T8 CVs, either pre or post-hot fix.

[KSE]
Members
7,725 posts
8,051 battles

Blended builds work for me. I spec for AA on ships where it's worth it enough, and don't on ships it's not. I have never used MFAA, and I never will.

[CAFE]
Members
1,472 posts
11,655 battles

I played a hindy game today with my cb build and hydro... shot down 15 planes

I don't see a reason to run anything AA related. 

[G0ATS]
[G0ATS]
Members
1,151 posts
6,896 battles

I think the desire for other captain skills will make people spec out of AA, the AA intensity might wane a little and make CV playing a little easier. Whenever I play CV, there's always a guy or two who seems to have AA maxed out on his ship. If the frequency of those ships goes down a little, it'd be easier to play I'd think. Then again, i haven't gotten to see how strong the hotfix AA really is... Captain skills might not matter.

• Cool 1

[G0ATS]
[G0ATS]
Members
1,151 posts
6,896 battles
1 minute ago, FratStar4Life said:

I played a hindy game today with my cb build and hydro... shot down 15 planes

I don't see a reason to run anything AA related. 

See, that's good news in a way. AA will be "moderate" strength, then if someone wants to be invulnerable... Fine, waste your captain skills on it if you really want.

[O7]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
11,030 posts
8,002 battles

I’m not sure that AA builds help survive cvs more than survivability builds. Aside from some exceptions I am only speccing the flack mod 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
17,418 posts
10,140 battles

As I theory crafted after the 8.0 PTS and we saw the captains skills I see lots of ships with medium to strong AA with BFT and AFT which also help secondaries but that manual will only really pay off on ships with extremely strong AA. Going full AA is too binary for most people.

[STAR]
Members
2,954 posts
8,064 battles

Depends on the ship. Some ships have good AA that is worth spec. Some other ships have bad AA and even with a full AA build they are not getting much out of their AA, so its better to not "waste" your points/modules. 

[INTEL]
Members
1,014 posts
9,102 battles

I'm one of those with a LOT of reserve captains.  I'm reading that retraining is free along with the free respec?  If so, I'm going to retrain many of my unused reserve captains to my AA boats.  I can then have an AA build and another blended or specialized build for that ship.

[GLF]
Beta Testers
582 posts
11,010 battles

As a CL/CA player, I'm almost always speced for AA

As long as the ship gives me a little bit to work with. 

Are are a few though, that it's just not worth it. A good example is Tenryu

Members
980 posts
1,107 battles

There will also be the psychological factor.

In the old days, Atlanta was so dangerous no one ever went near her. You could freely spec to something else, confident that most players would stay away because you MIGHT be AA specialized.

[JASH]
Members
3,602 posts
9,145 battles

This so-called hot fix, a swing in direction, is for WG to learn about what to change next. It's not for us. I expect there will be another incoming adjustment by WG, back in the other direction again to a limited extent, soon. There's nothing here that tells me I should commit to something different regarding captain specs now. We're all just crash test dummies for the time being. 

[MAHAN]
Beta Testers
1,445 posts
5,261 battles

I always ran strong AA builds on my BB/CCs, so nothing really changed there. I kept my non-AA builds on the ships that had them before the rework.