Rover_123

CV plane control needs revision

4 comments in this topic

[ALIES]
Members
23 posts
3,373 battles

I have flown thousands of hours of 3rd person warbirds in War Thunder.  If AA is going to be fine tuned the airplane controls need revision as well. Let the game present the pilots with a realistic challenge to deliver the ordnance.

Remove the awful exposition in the center of the aileron keys( lag were nothing happens) so the plane can  dive right or left as quickly as the flack bursts appear.

Also give the pilots use of all of the control surfaces. Control of elevation is a critical part of flying...

Give the pilots  up and down elevator control by mouse or key pad. Make the pilot dodge the island mountains or crash and allow him to dive under/over flack. The way it is now is just too limited to be fun for long... Please continue the development of war planes in the game. It's great fun but, it could be better.

Rover aka Lazy Ace

[AR15]
[AR15]
Beta Testers
125 posts
11,329 battles

I by no means intend to gore your ox: if I wanted  a flight sim, I would play a flight sim.  As far as this game, it has ENOUGH issues right now without trying to merge it with WOWP.

[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
4,473 posts
14,389 battles

@Rover_123 I have been asking for cockpit view joystick control ever since this silliness was announced.

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
4,201 posts
13,784 battles

I've played many a flight simulator in my day.  This isn't designed to be one.  WG has modeled A/C in an arcade fashion because that is the scope of the game in general.  The flight controls, in terms of complexity (i.e., simplicity) are at the same level as the ship-based controls.  There is an interface "balance" between.

WOWS is designed to NOT be complex in control execution, but instead to place more 'thinking" into tactics and strategy with a little bit of technical execution.  This is very appealing to me.