You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SandWitch347

Will there be another High School Fleet Event?

19 comments in this topic

Members
3 posts
571 battles

Just wondering if theres any plans for anther event involving High School Fleet? I know its not everyone's cup of tea but it appears the only way you can get the captains and camo is thru the event.

[-ARP-]
Supertester
11,947 posts
4,287 battles

I think the production company went bankrupt, so it's very unlikely.

[BBMOD]
[BBMOD]
Members
49 posts
3,175 battles

Apparently that is over and almost certain to never return. I sold the cruisers for silver and to free up the port slots but kept the Hiei and run the CO's on my IJN ships, cause I love hearing their audio every so often.

• Boring 1

Members
201 posts
2,409 battles
1 minute ago, Goose21891 said:

I think the production company went bankrupt, so it's very unlikely.

Another studio bought the license for HSF so if they are cooperative with wargaming it could happen

• Cool 1

[SEOP]
Members
1,474 posts
8,233 battles
8 minutes ago, SandWitch347 said:

Just wondering if theres any plans for anther event involving High School Fleet? I know its not everyone's cup of tea but it appears the only way you can get the captains and camo is thru the event.

did you run out of all your yellow school bus camos already?

[TRG]
Members
228 posts
13,188 battles

They are Done. I kept the Southern Dragon, Kirishima and Takao. Sold the Rest. Building the Captains and doing pretty good in them. Have fun.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,458 posts
9,454 battles

Wish we could have earned some of the HSF commanders, but alas... 

Still waiting for AL commanders for coal plox.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,577 posts
13,491 battles

Uhh guys, High School Fleet is the one with "HSF" in front of all its ships' names. Like HSF Harekaze.

The Kongo and Myoko clones came from a different partnership with a different license-holder, for a different IP: Arpeggio of Blue Steel (ARP).

Edited by Edgecase

[BBMOD]
[BBMOD]
Members
49 posts
3,175 battles
39 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

Uhh guys, High School Fleet is the one with "HSF" in front of all its ships' names. Like HSF Harekaze.

The Kongo and Myoko clones came from a different partnership with a different license-holder, for a different IP: Arpeggio of Blue Steel (ARP).

It's all cartoon Japanese girls in colourful ships to me. 

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,577 posts
13,491 battles
2 minutes ago, RicketyEdge said:

It's all cartoon Japanese girls in colourful ships to me. 

I know. But it's relevant because it's different companies holding the rights, and so different contracts to set up, etc.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
8,153 posts
5,538 battles
1 hour ago, iEatChickenMcNuggets said:

Another studio bought the license for HSF so if they are cooperative with wargaming it could happen

Good. It depends on how eager WG are to negotiate with them solely to put the HSF stuff back on sale. There are quite a few people, like me, who left it until just too late to buy a Harekaze but might snap one up if it went back on sale. I would have bought the HSF Spee but I'd already got the standard one when it was obscenely cheap and saw no reason to own both, the permacamo benefits of the HSF notwithstanding.

Barring that, it would depend on enough new HSF content being made that WG felt interested in returning to the well.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[NWNG]
Members
2,565 posts
4,420 battles
1 hour ago, iEatChickenMcNuggets said:

I hope so. I want the HSF Commanders.

I already have Harekaze, and she is a lovely boat. Don't need Graf Spee, but would probably get her if I have the coin to do it.

Edited by Counter_Gambit

[PVE]
Members
12,577 posts
8,548 battles
2 hours ago, GSXstage1 said:

They are Done. I kept the Southern Dragon, Kirishima and Takao. Sold the Rest. Building the Captains and doing pretty good in them. Have fun.

2 hours ago, Edgecase said:

Yeah, the only HSF ships that we have are HSF Harakaze and HSF Graf Spee.

ARP had Kongo, Hiei, Kirishima, Haruna, Myoko, Ashigara, Haguro, Nachi and Takao.

Southern and Eastern Dragon are also Myoko clones without a camo option, but I think they are separate from ARP and HSF as I believe they came out between them.

Members
402 posts
4,273 battles
5 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

Yeah, the only HSF ships that we have are HSF Harakaze and HSF Graf Spee.

ARP had Kongo, Hiei, Kirishima, Haruna, Myoko, Ashigara, Haguro, Nachi and Takao.

Southern and Eastern Dragon are also Myoko clones without a camo option, but I think they are separate from ARP and HSF as I believe they came out between them.

Technically, there are the special HSF camos for Yamato and Musashi as well, but those were also tied to the event. It's a shame the one for Yamato got nerfed before release, I'd run it more often if it were at least equal to the normal perma camo for Yamato, but they made it slightly inferior on several of the bonuses. Conversely, Musashi's HSF special camo is actually slightly better than her standard perma camo or at least a side grade, can't remember for sure right now. As things stand now, Musashi wears HSF paint, while Yamato gets standard IJN perma camo color swapped to blue like the rest of my IJN fleet.

[KNTI2]
Members
862 posts
5,062 battles
10 minutes ago, CaptHarlock_222 said:

Technically, there are the special HSF camos for Yamato and Musashi as well, but those were also tied to the event. It's a shame the one for Yamato got nerfed before release, I'd run it more often if it were at least equal to the normal perma camo for Yamato, but they made it slightly inferior on several of the bonuses. Conversely, Musashi's HSF special camo is actually slightly better than her standard perma camo or at least a side grade, can't remember for sure right now. As things stand now, Musashi wears HSF paint, while Yamato gets standard IJN perma camo color swapped to blue like the rest of my IJN fleet.

The HSF camo gives 50% cmdr XP, so is a straight upgrade.

[CMFRT]
Modder, In AlfaTesters
753 posts
1,925 battles

Id like to see both of the events come back, HSF and ARP.

[PVE]
Members
12,577 posts
8,548 battles
30 minutes ago, NATOMarksman said:

The HSF camo gives 50% cmdr XP, so is a straight upgrade.

I got the Yamato perma-camo, but not the Musashi one. The Yamato is worse than the Type 20 IIRC, but it saves me 5k doubloons, so I'll use it when I get there. Just got Amagi, so I have a while to go.