Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Romic

Tip from a CV - Learn to turn off your AA again.

14 comments in this topic

[-TXT-]
Members
169 posts
8,936 battles

For all the DDs complaining about getting focused by CVs.... turn off your AA! 

The speed of my planes means that by the time you register on my screen I am already past you..... most times the only reason i will even know you are there is because all of a sudden. I have flak exploding all around my planes... 

If I am in open water and getting flak bursts everywhere all it does is draw attention to yourself and piss off the CV. So yes I will come back and abuse you out of spite. Not because it was actually useful for my team but because I dont like getting flak sprayed. 

Turn off your AA and stop waving the huge flag yelling IM OVER HERE! and your life would be much easier. 

Just a CV perspective of the situation. 

• Cool 5
  • Bad 1

[RED]
Members
148 posts
9,752 battles

I’ll just wait till your well within my AA bubble before I turn it on in my Groz. Deal?:cap_haloween:

Edited by custer_14

[PWH]
Members
118 posts
5,300 battles

This is very true. My last couple of games, i was able to sneak up on a couple of tier 8 cv with a lightning by turning off my aa and dodging the incoming flights, before closing the distance to the cv and hitting it with ap. Got to remember that destroyers have very low air detection but as soon as your aa start, you  are seen from space.

[ENDO]
Members
37 posts
1,162 battles
56 minutes ago, Romic said:

For all the DDs complaining about getting focused by CVs.... turn off your AA! 

The speed of my planes means that by the time you register on my screen I am already past you..... most times the only reason i will even know you are there is because all of a sudden. I have flak exploding all around my planes... 

If I am in open water and getting flak bursts everywhere all it does is draw attention to yourself and piss off the CV. So yes I will come back and abuse you out of spite. Not because it was actually useful for my team but because I dont like getting flak sprayed. 

Turn off your AA and stop waving the huge flag yelling IM OVER HERE! and your life would be much easier. 

Just a CV perspective of the situation. 

As if.... 

I'll chuck aside your condescending post and just add that even a bad dd has their aa turned off until the last second.  This is something you learn early as a dd driver. Hell, i only turn it on at all on just a couple boats since i mainly play Japanese and their aa is useless anyway.

I find it both laughable and frustrating at the same time that some people actually think this is the problem. 

Typical though of humanity.  Blame the victim.

Edited by StealthBrigade
  • Bad 1

[-TXT-]
Members
169 posts
8,936 battles
7 minutes ago, StealthBrigade said:

As if.... 

I'll chuck aside your condescending post and just add that even a bad dd has their aa turned off until the last second.  This is something you learn early as a dd driver. Hell, i only turn it on at all on just a couple boats since i mainly play Japanese and their aa is useless anyway.

I find it both laughable and frustrating at the same time that some people actually think this is the problem. 

Typical though of humanity.  Blame the victim.

Of the 100 ish games I have run in the new CVs I have found exactly 2 DDs that have had their AA turned off. And honestly I left them alone because it was miserable to try to line up any kind of attack because you have to start your torp or rocket run BEFORE you can see them, hope they haven't turned, then drop in the split second that you see them before you overshoot them because the planes are traveling too fast. 

With CV mastery badge being 130k average damage killing DDs as a primary target is not an effective use of time unless they are a direct threat to you

• Cool 2

[-TXT-]
Members
169 posts
8,936 battles
53 minutes ago, custer_14 said:

I’ll just wait till your well within my AA bubble before I turn it on in my Groz. Deal?:cap_haloween:

I'm fine with that. Odds are I will just blaze past you anyways and be gone before it matters. 

[ENDO]
Members
37 posts
1,162 battles
9 minutes ago, Romic said:

Of the 100 ish games I have run in the new CVs I have found exactly 2 DDs that have had their AA turned off. And honestly I left them alone because it was miserable to try to line up any kind of attack because you have to start your torp or rocket run BEFORE you can see them, hope they haven't turned, then drop in the split second that you see them before you overshoot them because the planes are traveling too fast. 

With CV mastery badge being 130k average damage killing DDs as a primary target is not an effective use of time unless they are a direct threat to you

Well i cant say what others do. I just think saying dds just need to turn off their aa when an obvious imbalance is there is Condescending. 

And the problem is not being bombed by cvs per say, its being spotted and shot from other ships. It also completely takes away from its intended gameplay.  No dd driver wants to be forced to hang out at spawn with the rest of the camping fleet. As soon as you are spotted you are focus fired on. So you saying not to worry about cvs spotting because YOU cant hit the side of a barn is absurd.  And i just dont believe you that only 2 dds had their aa off. I have also played some cvs and most dds had their aa off.. 

[-TXT-]
Members
169 posts
8,936 battles
19 minutes ago, StealthBrigade said:

Well i cant say what others do. I just think saying dds just need to turn off their aa when an obvious imbalance is there is Condescending. 

And the problem is not being bombed by cvs per say, its being spotted and shot from other ships. It also completely takes away from its intended gameplay.  No dd driver wants to be forced to hang out at spawn with the rest of the camping fleet. As soon as you are spotted you are focus fired on. So you saying not to worry about cvs spotting because YOU cant hit the side of a barn is absurd.  And i just dont believe you that only 2 dds had their aa off. I have also played some cvs and most dds had their aa off.. 

I am normally a DD main. And I can hit things just fine as has been shown by multiple 300k+ games without abusing flooding mechanics. All I was saying is that many DDs have a sub 3km detect with AA off but chose to bloom out to 5km because they are leaving their AA on. Its a momentary spot with a 3km air detect but a 5km is huge and yes you will be perma spotted doing that because it takes a lot longer for planes to get out of spotting range. 

[ENDO]
Members
37 posts
1,162 battles

I get what you are saying, I just think the issue has more to do with 150 kt planes with absolutely no counter rather than " just turn your aa off" [edited] when, at least for me, my aa is usually off. The problem, like i said isnt from the planes shooting, its being permaspotted and focus fired on unless i circle back to spawn leading to literally doing circles at spawn for most of the match. Just plain stupid. Before you could hit the "provide aa fire button" and most times the friendly cv would send his fighters and you could go about your business since the enemy planes retreated or are stuck fighting it out. There is literally no counter now, where before there was. Game is [edited] now. Its world of warships and you cant even control your warship if you are a cv flying a plane squadron.  Doesnt even make any sense. Just wish they get rid of it tbh. Cant stand it.

8 minutes ago, Romic said:

I am normally a DD main. And I can hit things just fine as has been shown by multiple 300k+ games without abusing flooding mechanics. All I was saying is that many DDs have a sub 3km detect with AA off but chose to bloom out to 5km because they are leaving their AA on. Its a momentary spot with a 3km air detect but a 5km is huge and yes you will be perma spotted doing that because it takes a lot longer for planes to get out of spotting range. 

[-TXT-]
Members
169 posts
8,936 battles
7 minutes ago, StealthBrigade said:

I get what you are saying, I just think the issue has more to do with 150 kt planes with absolutely no counter rather than " just turn your aa off" [edited] when, at least for me, my aa is usually off. The problem, like i said isnt from the planes shooting, its being permaspotted and focus fired on unless i circle back to spawn leading to literally doing circles at spawn for most of the match. Just plain stupid. Before you could hit the "provide aa fire button" and most times the friendly cv would send his fighters and you could go about your business since the enemy planes retreated or are stuck fighting it out. There is literally no counter now, where before there was. Game is [edited] now. Its world of warships and you cant even control your warship if you are a cv flying a plane squadron.  Doesnt even make any sense. Just wish they get rid of it tbh. Cant stand it.

Spotting is actually less than pre rework if DDs turn off their AA. The enemy CV can no longer park fighters over you eternally anymore. Yes you get spotted as they fly over but they aren't going to camp you all game. That's terrible use of resources. So you are effectively spotted for as long as it takes them to fly past you. With AA turned off that's about 5km across traveling at 200 knots .... takes no time until you are dark again. With AA on that 5 km becomes closer to 10km across and effectively doubles the amount of time DDs stay spotted. It also increases the odds that you will be spotted in the first place. So yes you personally may not fall into that issue but a very large portion of the population does from a CV perspective. 

[ENDO]
Members
37 posts
1,162 battles
1 minute ago, Romic said:

Spotting is actually less than pre rework if DDs turn off their AA. The enemy CV can no longer park fighters over you eternally anymore. Yes you get spotted as they fly over but they aren't going to camp you all game. That's terrible use of resources. So you are effectively spotted for as long as it takes them to fly past you. With AA turned off that's about 5km across traveling at 200 knots .... takes no time until you are dark again. With AA on that 5 km becomes closer to 10km across and effectively doubles the amount of time DDs stay spotted. It also increases the odds that you will be spotted in the first place. So yes you personally may not fall into that issue but a very large portion of the population does from a CV perspective. 

This is extremely false. Not the dd aa thing but only barely spotting dd thing. They dont need to spot you all game. Just long enough for the other team to focus fire. Also, they CAN sit above and endlessly spot you... with absolutelyno counter to actually.

Its a matter of opinion whether that is a bad use of resources and i would argue otherwise.  A good dd player can do a good amount of damage and taking him out via spotting would be better for the team than farming damage from a bb. Not to mention it completely takes away any element of surprise. 

• Cool 1

[KRAK]
Members
940 posts
11,470 battles

I understand the recommendation, but the thing is, the DD is equipped with AA just for this purpose. WG, please remove the AA totally off my 6 DDs and give me another gun or tube please, in exchange) .....no chance of that. They are modeled properly, and they work too (to your detriment).

When you (rightfully) suggest leaving it off is the better choice, it kind of goes to how the game is broken in some respects. In the real world, no destroyer would ever consider doing this. 

Edited by Ericson38

[WNNR]
Members
119 posts
4,965 battles

Really does not matter the second you pop up on the mini map the CV just comes over with his bombs and takes half your hps away.  WG is a bunch of idiots they nurfed BB AP pens on DDs,  just to add a different mechanic that does even more damn damage to DDs.

Edited by carne

Sign in to follow this