Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sovereigndawg

Twitch and Daily Containers

15 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,932
[TBW]
Members
6,957 posts
12,885 battles

It's really nice to get 2 or 3 twitch containers in a day. they give out much more than daily grind containers. I would rather get 1 twitch container than the 3 daily containers. I suggest, that the daily containers graduate the values on the second and then again on the third daily containers, which might just get people to play a few more games per day.

Twitch

shot-18_12.26_19_36.29-0292.thumb.jpg.35bc4c18e664fe41016c90b3236b04b2.jpg

Daily

shot-18_12.29_21_43.32-0471.thumb.jpg.799eaad40ffdf75dd0681b899608d9f0.jpg

Never have gotten free XP from a twitch container (if it did it would be 1000 or better), everything else seems weak in comparison though.

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,932
[TBW]
Members
6,957 posts
12,885 battles
1 minute ago, Excuse_Maker said:

ok, how do you get these things? someone else keeps telling me to get them..... I go to Twitch.. then what?

You have to associate your WOWs with Twitch. I will try to find the page you do it on and link it if some one else doesn't post it first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
631 posts
11 battles
Just now, Sovereigndawg said:

You have to associate your WOWs with Twitch. I will try to find the page you do it on and link it if some one else doesn't post it first.

ty, you don't have to, I should be able to figure it out, just glad you reminded me this was out there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,932
[TBW]
Members
6,957 posts
12,885 battles
Just now, Excuse_Maker said:

ty, you don't have to, I should be able to figure it out, just glad you reminded me this was out there.

NP good luck and remember when watching twitch your data usage goes up. I went over my 1 terabyte limit one month so turn down the resolution if you have multiple streamers running in the background. If you don't have unlimited that is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
223
[55TH]
Beta Testers
935 posts
3,385 battles
5 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

You have to associate your WOWs with Twitch. I will try to find the page you do it on and link it if some one else doesn't post it first.

Then you watch people playing WoWs on twitch.  The caveat is that the streamer has to have checked a box somewhere to activate the twitch drops.

Also, the twitch crates don't always show up right away.  Sometimes they take a few days, it seems really random.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41
[-TXT-]
Members
169 posts
8,919 battles

I agree that a graduated crate system for daily containers would be really nice. Most of the rewards are meh at best. Twitch containers are much more worthwhile for sure.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
68
[IXM]
Members
231 posts
3,762 battles

I "watch" streams while I'm at work.  Just start a stream, turn the sound off, and minimize it.  Check back once an hour or so to make sure the stream is still running.  Then go home and collect your loot.  It's pretty easy to do and nets you free stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
331
[WOLFC]
Members
749 posts
7,295 battles

I've only seen 5 types of Twitch containers in about 6 weeks of collecting them ... and they do add up!  Wish they had coal ...

100k ... 5 Smoke Generator ... 10 Juliet Charlie
100k ... 5 Speed Boost ....... 10 Sierra Mike
100k ... 5 Repair Party ...... 10 Juliet Whiskey Unaone
100k ... 5 Damage Control .... 10 Papa Papa
100k ... 5 Damage Control .... 10 Zulu

Drops are not guaranteed, Twitch has said:  "Every hour you have a CHANCE to earn a container, if you do not receive a container, your chance will be increased the next hour."  New users may still get an initial 3 containers after signing up and watching a stream.  I've only seen it once since joining; normally it's 1/day.

Also, several folks have said don't mute the sound ... either turn it real low or mute the browser tab.  Otherwise ... no container.  Seems to work for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
263
[INTEL]
Members
1,014 posts
9,102 battles
6 minutes ago, DocWalker said:

Drops are not guaranteed, Twitch has said:  "Every hour you have a CHANCE to earn a container, if you do not receive a container, your chance will be increased the next hour."  New users may still get an initial 3 containers after signing up and watching a stream.  I've only seen it once since joining; normally it's 1/day.

I signed up a couple of weeks ago and got the three containers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,737
[ARGSY]
Members
7,925 posts
5,442 battles
1 hour ago, DocWalker said:

either turn it real low or mute the browser tab. 

How do I do the latter selectively? It would be good to be able to run the stream quietly while listening to YouTube loudly. Google Chrome user, FYI.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
263
[INTEL]
Members
1,014 posts
9,102 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

How do I do the latter selectively? It would be good to be able to run the stream quietly while listening to YouTube loudly. Google Chrome user, FYI.

At the lower left corner of the stream is a volume slider control.  Hover your mouse in that area and it will appear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30
[FF]
Members
76 posts
2,333 battles
2 hours ago, Sovereigndawg said:

It's really nice to get 2 or 3 twitch containers in a day. they give out much more than daily grind containers. I would rather get 1 twitch container than the 3 daily containers. I suggest, that the daily containers graduate the values on the second and then again on the third daily containers, which might just get people to play a few more games per day.

Twitch

shot-18_12.26_19_36.29-0292.thumb.jpg.35bc4c18e664fe41016c90b3236b04b2.jpg

Daily

shot-18_12.29_21_43.32-0471.thumb.jpg.799eaad40ffdf75dd0681b899608d9f0.jpgNever have gotten free XP from a twitch container (if it did it would be 1000 or better), everything else seems weak in comparison though.

No, it won't happen. The twitch thing is a marketing tactic. They dont care if your *actively* watching a stream. What they do care for is that their content get viewer counts and pushed up on the featured pages of those platforms. Someone randomly clicks to see what this wows stuff is about and WeeGee's hope it to grab some new booty and advertising. It doesn't really cost them much of anything I reckon.

But the daily xp grind...hell they already have you, and hold that elusive prospect of a super container that has an evermore elusive chance of a free ship inside to keep you grinding along. And just when you think super containers are a legend, a myth of old...they drop one for you.....then the dopamine shot hits ya...could this be the one that has that pinicle of pusishment? Could it be the trump wagon? What could it be!? Eyes wide, brow furrowed, lips firmly pinched between your teeth...you open it to find.....oh just some ram flags I'll never use. But the next one...yyeeesssss.......the next one.....my precious...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
331
[WOLFC]
Members
749 posts
7,295 battles
24 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

How do I do the latter selectively? It would be good to be able to run the stream quietly while listening to YouTube loudly. Google Chrome user, FYI.

Hover your mouse over the tab with Twitch in it, right click, 5 lines down click "Mute site".  Do the same to Unmute site. Enjoy!

tt.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
344
[A_51]
Members
653 posts

Do you only get credit for watching the live streams, or does watching saved videos also count?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×