Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Mustangrde1

Post hotfix

5 comments in this topic

[--O--]
Members
224 posts

T-10

1. Been at it most the morning and what im seeing is in t-10 the issue seems to be better until you are in a dd and an RPF CV is around watched one take out 2 dd’s in 4 minutes. RPF needs to go for CV to make it balanced.

2. If a CV strikes at a AA ship he/she is punished as it should be, though it (aa) does appear to OP on Yammy and Monty perhaps a small tweeking down for them not much but a little. Cruiser are doing what they are suppose to.

3. General feel seems better but can still be corrected better by allowing only 1-cv per side per match.

4. UI is pure horrible in more than one game and Haku torps still are doing damage before they arm.

T-8

1. This is where the rework seems to be more of a take a wrecking-ball approach was had. CV’s are purely useless up-tiered and even equal-tier the AA is insane, my benson is a no fly zone as are most ships with even decent AA. It needs to be turned down

2. RPF issue is here as well but with the overkill AA its not a problem more like a Bait for AA ships. Even at t-8 RPF needs to go.

3. General feel is not good as now it feels CV are being beat up on (I didn’t play one but saw what happened) giving a fair revue the CV planes are flies to swat especially if uptiered.

4. What I am seeing lends me to think 1-tier-difference is a possible solution.

I have not played lower tiers enough to see what is going on but, overall my opinion is T-10 is much better but still has minor tweaks. Lower tiers its still an issue and needs work. I am sure more will come to light as time goes on but the three glowing issues is RPF (needs to go on cv)--- the need for 1-tier-diference for balancing---- and fixing the AA overpower in T-8.  

[PSP]
Members
7,923 posts
10,494 battles
25 minutes ago, Mustangrde1 said:

T-10

1. Been at it most the morning and what im seeing is in t-10 the issue seems to be better until you are in a dd and an RPF CV is around watched one take out 2 dd’s in 4 minutes. RPF needs to go for CV to make it balanced.

2. If a CV strikes at a AA ship he/she is punished as it should be, though it (aa) does appear to OP on Yammy and Monty perhaps a small tweeking down for them not much but a little. Cruiser are doing what they are suppose to.

3. General feel seems better but can still be corrected better by allowing only 1-cv per side per match.

4. UI is pure horrible in more than one game and Haku torps still are doing damage before they arm.

T-8

1. This is where the rework seems to be more of a take a wrecking-ball approach was had. CV’s are purely useless up-tiered and even equal-tier the AA is insane, my benson is a no fly zone as are most ships with even decent AA. It needs to be turned down

2. RPF issue is here as well but with the overkill AA its not a problem more like a Bait for AA ships. Even at t-8 RPF needs to go.

3. General feel is not good as now it feels CV are being beat up on (I didn’t play one but saw what happened) giving a fair revue the CV planes are flies to swat especially if uptiered.

4. What I am seeing lends me to think 1-tier-difference is a possible solution.

I have not played lower tiers enough to see what is going on but, overall my opinion is T-10 is much better but still has minor tweaks. Lower tiers its still an issue and needs work. I am sure more will come to light as time goes on but the three glowing issues is RPF (needs to go on cv)--- the need for 1-tier-diference for balancing---- and fixing the AA overpower in T-8.  

They are looking into the Haku's torps. They are not doing damage before they arm, it's just that the arming animation is off.

CVs in general, and because of the global nerf USN CVs in specific, may have taken too much of a nerf.  It's not so bad if you are a Midway but the poor Lexingtons in tier X matches might as well go home.

The first 8 minutes of the game are almost exclusively relegated to spotting now. If you even approach a ship before your team has depleted it of AA modules you will have your entire squadron destroyed before you can even attack.

It seems like some of the planes are too slow now. The BTD Destroyer now flies at a base speed of 134 knots. This plane's cruise speed was 163 knots in real life. 

In the mid-game you can get in some strikes but you still will lose an entire squadron each time you do. F-key spam has become a necessity now as if you fly past a ship and then wheel around you will lose your planes anyway. Might as well let the computer and RNG hopefully keep some of your planes alive by pressing "F" after the first, and only, attack.

In the late game, when your team has hammered the remaining ships and destroyed most of their AA modules, the ability to go in for multiple attacks works pretty much as expected. You lose some planes but not all of them.

If the Lexington remains nerfed as it is then it may be that is should always be top tier in the games it's in. That is, it will only see tier VI-VIII games, while the Midway will see tier VII to X games.

Last week the Lexington and Midway seemed about right, while the Haku was way too OP. In nerfing the Haku they have nerfed the USN CV line too much. Hopefully they can balance this somewhat. If players have to F-key span to even do any damage they will stop playing USN CVs and all the work will be for naught. 

Edited by Snargfargle

[--O--]
Members
224 posts

Not sure about Hak torps the replay i posted last night clearly shows the issue and still the same today.

OH FYI Flamb left before i could tell you ASA is playable.

Sign in to follow this