You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Skuggsja

Carriers Arent Going Away

82 comments in this topic

[ODIN]
Members
646 posts
14,818 battles

Carriers arent going away, so can we end this argument and start just learning to play with them.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 10

[HIT]
Members
102 posts
6,742 battles

Right.

It's just the players that will be going away.

GG

• Cool 14
  • Funny 6
  • Boring 2

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,260 posts
10,432 battles
1 minute ago, HQ_21 said:

Right.

GG

LOL.

Not likely.

[SPTR]
Members
2,236 posts
2,294 battles

honestly im going to sit on clemson for a bit, get a bunch of XP, get langley, and then sit on langley until either yorktown arrives or Enterprise comes back into the premium shop rotation

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,260 posts
10,432 battles
Just now, Excuse_Maker said:

I can't, I've spent to much.

Well yeah that is a thing actually and I can relate. lol

Members
76 posts

i hate carriers ......alot. But i want carriers in the game to be dominate because they will encourage groups of individual ships to think teamplay even more out of nessesity. As it is as far as random play goes their is no team play just a bunch of ships sailing around trying to do a bunch of damage and sink ships. Ive seen ships sit loaded waiting for others to do the work of bringing the health odf a ship down and then firing the kill shot just to get the sink. Many loners in the game do what they want and go where they go its all changed . No i want dominate carriers to force teamplay  and allow ships to carry out their true roles.

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
545 posts
1,556 battles
5 minutes ago, Gasboy said:

You forgot your cape, Captain Obvious.

I want to be captain hindsight.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,237 posts
11,044 battles

WG hopefully realize that if for instance, they double carrier numbers at the expense of just 10% fewer DD games, they will have a net loss of games.

That's how unpopular carriers used to be.

WG have said plenty of things over the years, 'no subs', 'Alaska is ready and will be coming soon', 'T-61 is coming next month', 'no high tier premiums', 'CV rework is ready for 0.8.0'. They've changed course before, it's not outside the realm of possibility they might again.

Members
631 posts
11 battles
1 minute ago, Sigurth_Valkyri said:

How much did you spend with only 11 battles?

3grand. I do however have another account with 13,000 battles, I just use this account so 5-0 doesn't catch me.

• Funny 1

[TARK]
Members
106 posts
1,971 battles
10 minutes ago, HQ_21 said:

Right.

GG

LOL!

+1

[ODIN]
Members
646 posts
14,818 battles
9 minutes ago, HQ_21 said:

Right.

GG

Honestly, if you cant adapt than it's probably for the best. Happy trails to you.

9 minutes ago, Gasboy said:

You forgot your cape, Captain Obvious.

Oh I never forget my Cape. I just wanted to have a quick reference for everytime someone says they should be removed. Think of all the fun trolling you can now do with that link. I'm off though, to get more trolly material!

8 minutes ago, paradat said:

LOL.

Not likely.

Right, players that have half a brain will work out how to deal with carriers once theyve been balanced.

6 minutes ago, Excuse_Maker said:

I can't, I've spent to much.

Same but I dont want to leave either way.

4 minutes ago, MammaShark said:

i hate carriers ......alot. But i want carriers in the game to be dominate because they will encourage groups of individual ships to think teamplay even more out of nessesity. As it is as far as random play goes their is no team play just a bunch of ships sailing around trying to do a bunch of damage and sink ships. Ive seen ships sit loaded waiting for others to do the work of bringing the health odf a ship down and then firing the kill shot just to get the sink. Many loners in the game do what they want and go where they go its all changed . No i want dominate carriers to force teamplay  and allow ships to carry out their true roles.

That's the thing, carriers help counter so much of the dumb META. Cant hide behind an island and shoot without being damage because dive bombers will get you. It's not a skilled play it's just barely knowing enough, to sit your ship behind a low island you can shoot over, to get by.

3 minutes ago, Legio_X_ said:

I want to be captain hindsight.

Dude! JOIN ME! Together we can fight the entire internet together!

3 minutes ago, mofton said:

WG hopefully realize that if for instance, they double carrier numbers at the expense of just 10% fewer DD games, they will have a net loss of games.

WG have said plenty of things over the years, 'no subs', 'Alaska is ready and will be coming soon', 'T-61 is coming next month', 'no high tier premiums', 'CV rework is ready for 0.8.0'. They've changed course before, it's not outside the realm of possibility they might again.

Yes through around numbers like this is U.S. Politics. We need a WoWs Fact Checker at this point with people saying the majority doesnt want this, the CV population is this amount, and the average CV damage is this with no more than shreds of evidence.

[SEOP]
Members
1,474 posts
8,233 battles
6 minutes ago, Excuse_Maker said:

3grand. I do however have another account with 13,000 battles, I just use this account so 5-0 doesn't catch me.

yeah...I have a second account as well that I like to fiddle with.  For giggles I wanted to see how jacked I could get my w/r by focusing on certain lines of ships.  It's very doable and experimenting was worth it -- to me at least.

Members
631 posts
11 battles
2 minutes ago, Dr_Dirt said:

yeah...I have a second account as well that I like to fiddle with.  For giggles I wanted to see how jacked I could get my w/r by focusing on certain lines of ships.  It's very doable and experimenting was worth it -- to me at least.

lols, I am a 4000pr super unicorn on this account.

[--V--]
Members
578 posts
11,160 battles
22 minutes ago, paradat said:

LOL.

Not likely.

Well,,, a LOT of paying players will be NOT paying anymore.  I'm one of them.  Will probably leave cause its not fun for me anymore.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,237 posts
11,044 battles
3 minutes ago, Skuggsja said:

Yes through around numbers like this is U.S. Politics. We need a WoWs Fact Checker at this point with people saying the majority doesnt want this, the CV population is this amount, and the average CV damage is this with no more than shreds of evidence. 

Original Source: http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/shipstats/na/ship_20181222.html

Going through, results:

5C96zSo.jpg

Here you go. You can run through and tot them up yourself if you like, but at T8+ in the last quarter we have data available for CV's made up a mighty 1.8% of battles played, so doubling them would add 1.8%.

Destroyers were 27.1%, so losing 10% would lose 2.71%.

It's 'throw' as well by the way.

• Cool 2

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,260 posts
10,432 battles
3 minutes ago, SeaborneSumo said:

Well,,, a LOT of paying players will be NOT paying anymore.  I'm one of them.  Will probably leave cause its not fun for me anymore.

Fair enough only you can make that call. My hope is that you will ride it out and see where it goes. Lots of fun to be had in WOWS and even if you hate CV's there are plenty of opportunities to still play the game with minimal or zero CV involvement. 

Cheers.

[SEOP]
Members
1,474 posts
8,233 battles
13 minutes ago, mofton said:

I've always felt like the two forms of play WG is trying to capture -- ship vs. ship gunnery form of play vs. CV form of play are not compatible.  I feel the same way about world of tanks and  tank to tank interaction vs. tank vs SPG interaction.  I personally would be happier if WoWs (and WoT for that matter) didn't include the seemingly detached play associated with one class of ships.   The design philosophy just feels disjointed and inconsistent.  But whatever.  Some folks are wed to the idea that CVs need to be in this game.

At this point I'm just hoping CV density will decline and perhaps stabilize back to perhaps one CV per side in randoms.  

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,260 posts
10,432 battles
23 minutes ago, mofton said:

They do no worries. 

DD's will be fine. CV player base is going to be much higher than double. I suspect we will land at about 50% or more of players will play CV's along with the other classes. Dedicated CV mains is more difficult to predict but should also be much higher that double the current super tiny number of CV mains that we had before 8.0

[SBS]
Members
3,256 posts
2,408 battles
18 minutes ago, paradat said:

They do no worries. 

DD's will be fine. CV player base is going to be much higher than double. I suspect we will land at about 50% or more of players will play CV's along with the other classes. Dedicated CV mains is more difficult to predict but should also be much higher that double the current super tiny number of CV mains that we had before 8.0

Do you remember WG's exceptions for CVs?  3-4 per team every match (25%-33% of games played), then 2 CVs per team every game (16.6%), now 1 per team in about 75% of the games (~6%).  We'll see if CVs end up being only 6% of the games played.  If so the rework was a failure. 

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,260 posts
10,432 battles
6 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

Do you remember WG's exceptions for CVs?  3-4 per team every match (25%-33% of games played), then 2 CVs per team every game (16.6%), now 1 per team in about 75% of the games (~6%).  We'll see if CVs end up being only 6% of the games played.  If so the rework was a failure. 

You are conflating two different stats. Percentage of CV's per battle is not equal to percentage of player who play CV's

Pre 8.0 WOWS players who play CV's was 4-5%. Way smaller if we are only looking at CV mains.

So yea will see. I think that number will be around 50% if the population of CV players does not grow then yeah WG will have missed the primary goal for the paradigm shift.

[STP]
[STP]
Beta Testers
2,499 posts
11,864 battles
1 hour ago, HQ_21 said:

Right.

GG

This.

Why they going remove one entire class and refund people if they just can make it become useless util no one play it and no need refunds?