You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CrazyHorse_Denver

Any word on when it will be...

12 comments in this topic

Members
1,058 posts
13,638 battles

… that we return to only having 1 CV per team at the upper tiers and 2 at the lower tiers.

Much of the reason the player base still view CVs as "sky Cancer" is having 2 or 3  CVs per team. When you can still get torpedo cross drops in a system that was supposed to eliminate that particular tactic then it's understandable why the salt levels have been so high.

People keep saying to wait until things settle down before making snap judgements and going back to the old CV game limits would seem to me to be a way to calm the waters.

• Boring 1

[A_51]
Members
653 posts

Pre-release of 8.0, WG said the goal was to have 3 carriers per team.  Stop and imagine that for a moment.  Let's hope they are re-evaluating that plan.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
17,418 posts
10,140 battles
1 minute ago, Seaneroo said:

Pre-release of 8.0, WG said the goal was to have 3 carriers per team.  Stop and imagine that for a moment.  Let's hope they are re-evaluating that plan.

The changed that even before the 8.0 PTS. Now it is one CV with two occasionally but for now the limit will stay at three.

Members
1,058 posts
13,638 battles
10 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

The changed that even before the 8.0 PTS. Now it is one CV with two occasionally but for now the limit will stay at three.

Yea , but at some point it's got to go back to the old limits. It's not just the DD drivers that are getting tired of being under constant air attack/observation. Like being on a chess board with multiple queens, having more than a couple simply throws the game way off... balance.

I understand the need to handle the increased numbers in the que now and when the RN CVs get released, and all the data that's being gathered is good. At some point we all need to see how the new CVs handle themselves as just one part of the combined fleet as opposed to being the dominating factor as they are in many games now.

I vote for the return sooner rather than later.

[LBA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,349 posts
32 minutes ago, Seaneroo said:

...no?

They said their ideal population would be 1 cv per team in 75% of the games.

2 and 3 CVs are simply overflow mechanics for rework hype.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
17,418 posts
10,140 battles
4 minutes ago, CrazyHorse_Denver said:

Yea , but at some point it's got to go back to the old limits. It's not just the DD drivers that are getting tired of being under constant air attack/observation. Like being on a chess board with multiple queens, having more than a couple simply throws the game way off... balance.

I understand the need to handle the increased numbers in the que now and when the RN CVs get released, and all the data that's being gathered is good. At some point we all need to see how the new CVs handle themselves as just one part of the combined fleet as opposed to being the dominating factor as they are in many games now.

I vote for the return sooner rather than later.

The numbers are dropping now and I have seen no CV matches in tier 6 and up

[55TH]
Beta Testers
935 posts
3,385 battles
36 minutes ago, Seaneroo said:

No, they said their goal was to have a CV presence in every match.

It's a max of 3 CVs because they know everyone was going to try CVs for a while, and matchmaker would probably break if they didn't allow at least that many.  The max will likely be changed over the next few months as the patches come in to tweak the numbers.

• Cool 1

[A_51]
Members
653 posts

No matter what one says on this board, there will always be someone who will find a way to disagree with you.  I've never in my life seen such a bunch of annoying, quibbling contrarians.

[YORHA]
Members
3,790 posts
6,568 battles
6 minutes ago, Seaneroo said:

No matter what one says on this board, there will always be someone who will find a way to disagree with you.  I've never in my life seen such a bunch of annoying, quibbling contrarians.

Well... you say wrong stuff, you are probably gonna get called on it.

And with the amount of disinformation that has been spread over the last week that's actually a good thing.

[A_51]
Members
653 posts
37 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

Well... you say wrong stuff, you are probably gonna get called on it.

And with the amount of disinformation that has been spread over the last week that's actually a good thing.

The bottom line is that WG is permitting three CVs per side.  The rest is just semantics.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,265 posts
10,432 battles
56 minutes ago, Carrier_Ikoma said:

...no?

They said their ideal population would be 1 cv per team in 75% of the games.

2 and 3 CVs are simply overflow mechanics for rework hype.

This ^^^

Most game 1 some games 2. This will be the norm after 8.2 maybe sooner depending on the Q.

[YORHA]
Members
3,790 posts
6,568 battles
30 minutes ago, Seaneroo said:

The bottom line is that WG is permitting three CVs per side.  The rest is just semantics.

"Goal" is not the same as "permiting".