Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
digitaljustice

Next steps for CV's

6 comments in this topic

[-RNG-]
[-RNG-]
Members
294 posts
5,194 battles

Here is a few suggestions WG for the next steps for CV's in WoWS.

1.  Limit all matches to 1 CV per team, per side.  This cuts down on many issues people are having playing against CV's, it also eliminates 2 carries sniping the enemy carriers, 1 at a time.  If CV players have to wait in the queue a little longer, so be it.

2. Give all CV's +1/-1 Matchmaking, trying to play the Kaga with it's Tier 6 or 7 planes vs. Tier 10 AA is just pointless and a complete waste of time and effort for the CV player.  This also eliminates Tier 10 CV's from picking on Tier 8 ships.

3. When starting a match, make CV's wait 15-30 seconds before they can launch a squadron of planes, it gives the enemy team a chance to move a bit before possibly being spotted.  Also, maybe the first squad you launch does not have Boost and it has to fill up from zero, this is especially an issue at Tier 8+ when the planes get pretty fast.  Tier 4 and 6 the planes are dreadfully slow so it's not an issue.  If you just slow down all the planes and make the re-launching of other squads take too long, it just gets boring for the CV player.  In the old CV gameplay, high Tier CV's had 6 to 8 squads in the air at a time, and there was always something to do, the re-work needs that as well, but only has 1 squad in the air at a time.

4. Give all the CV's Aircraft groups a slight heal consumable (or do away with the Heal for all planes, it's a balance issue with AA, Armor, Hit Points), just having it on the Tier 8+ Torp Bombers only encourages people to just use their Torp Bombers, other squads are getting shredded and can't heal.  Another thought - give each nation a different Squad the heal, IJN is supposed to be strong torps, USA strong HE Dive Bombers, UK rockets?  You get the idea, encourage each CV nation to play their best squad.

I understand this is a tough job, you want to make the majority of players happy by not having OP CV's, but you also want to have more people play CV's, but if they (the CV players) are not doing much damage, or earning much XP/Credits, why would people play them?  I can see in organized (Clan Wars, Tournaments, etc....) where you know the team is working together and hopefully on voice comms with each other, but in randoms, it's not going to happen, IMO.

I would like to see the CV rework be successful, and I enjoy the new CV gameplay, but it is frustrating on both sides now and I think some of these ideas might help.

My 2 cents, thanks.

**Update** 

Played 3 games on my lunch break (first ones since HotFix this morning):

Game 1 - Tier 10 match -  Lexington (2 CV match) - Victory - 25k damage - 4th from the bottom on XP

Game 2 - Tier 9 match -  Lexington (1 CV match) - Victory - 62k damage -  7th from top in XP

Game 3 - Tier 10 match - Saipan (2 CV match) - Victory - 15k damage - 2nd from bottom on XP

Conclusion - Lex is ok, Saipan is dreadful.

Edited by digitaljustice
Update
  • Cool 1

[RDS-A]
Beta Testers
41 posts
4,472 battles
18 minutes ago, digitaljustice said:

Here is a few suggestions WG for the next steps for CV's in WoWS.

1.  Limit all matches to 1 CV per team, per side.  This cuts down on many issues people are having playing against CV's, it also eliminates 2 carries sniping the enemy carriers, 1 at a time.  If CV players have to wait in the queue a little longer, so be it.

2. Give all CV's +1/-1 Matchmaking, trying to play the Kaga with it's Tier 6 or 7 planes vs. Tier 10 AA is just pointless and a complete waste of time and effort for the CV player.  This also eliminates Tier 10 CV's from picking on Tier 8 ships.

3. When starting a match, make CV's wait 15-30 seconds before they can launch a squadron of planes, it gives the enemy team a chance to move a bit before possibly being spotted.  Also, maybe the first squad you launch does not have Boost and it has to fill up from zero, this is especially an issue at Tier 8+ when the planes get pretty fast.  Tier 4 and 6 the planes are dreadfully slow so it's not an issue.  If you just slow down all the planes and make the re-launching of other squads take too long, it just gets boring for the CV player.  In the old CV gameplay, high Tier CV's had 6 to 8 squads in the air at a time, and there was always something to do, the re-work needs that as well.

4. Give all the CV's Aircraft groups a slight heal consumable, just having it on the Tier 8+ Torp Bombers only encourages people to just use their Torp Bombers, other squads are getting shredded and can't heal.

I understand this is a tough job, you want to make the majority of players happy by not having OP CV's, but you also want to have more people play CV's, but if they (the CV players) are not doing much damage, or earning much XP/Credits, why would people play them?  I can see in organized (Clan Wars, Tournaments, etc....) where you know the team is working together and hopefully on voice comms with each other, but in randoms, it's not going to happen, IMO.

I would like to see the CV rework be successful, and I enjoy the new CV gameplay, but it is frustrating on both sides now and I think some of these ideas might help.

My 2 cents, thanks. 

great post bud I don't agree with 4 but you have great points there.

[-RNG-]
[-RNG-]
Members
294 posts
5,194 battles
1 minute ago, EraserNZ1 said:

great post bud I don't agree with 4 but you have great points there.

Thanks, edited #4 with another solution added.

-Dig

Beta Testers
10 posts
2,865 battles

My next step is to lose my CVs.  The play is way to complex.  Besides.....you all removed my Japanese CV.  Really?

Beta Testers
101 posts
2,102 battles

The AA needs tweaked a bit, it's a bit too powerful now.  I couldn't even take on a lone BB without my entire squadron being taken out by the DPS AA.  And don't even THINK about flying near a group of 2-3 ships, and if you get uptiered, you have a long row to hoe to try and do much damage.  It took me a solid 5 minutes to whittle down a DD that came sniffing around for me in a match, and that was with a CA and BB helping out.  I like the new play style of the rework, but it has a ways to go yet.  Planes seem too weak now, and AA too powerful.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this