Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

3 comments in this topic

Members
10 posts
4,206 battles

This is what Real radar in WW2 looked like and since WG's wants to be as authentic as possible I thought I would show this so they can add it to the game.  Note: you have to do a little math to actually know where to fire your guns!

170px-Chain_Home_screen_shot_-NEDAD.2013.047.058A.jpg

Copied from Wikipedia: The original radar display, the A-scope or A-display, shows only the range, not the direction, to targets. Some people referred to these displays as R-scopes for range scoped. A-scopes were used on the earliest radar systems during World War II, notably the seminal Chain Home (CH) system.

The primary input to the A-scope was the amplified return signal received from the radar, which was sent into the Y-axis of the display. Returns caused the spot to be deflected downward (or upward on some models), drawing vertical lines on the tube. These lines were known as a "blip" (or "pip"). The X-axis input was connected to a sawtooth voltage generator known as a time base generator that swept the spot across the display, timed to match the pulse repetition frequencyof the radar. This spread out the blips across the display according to the time they were received. Since the return time of the signal corresponds to twice the distance to the target divided by the speed of light, the distance along the axis directly indicates the range to any target. This was usually measured against a scale above the display.[1]

[PNG]
Supertester, Beta Testers
5,777 posts
6,802 battles

I don’t believe Wargaming is aiming for realism given that other mechanics in this game are very far removed from reality in favor of being fun to play with.

Sign in to follow this