You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NoZoupForYou

WoWS and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Bery Bad Week

31 comments in this topic

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,545 posts
5,089 battles

WG had a bad week, thevrework had a bad week, I had a bad week, GC had a bad week and so did the community.  But there are silver linings and light at the end of the end of the tunnel.

Edited by NoZoupForYou
  • Cool 4
  • Boring 4

Beta Testers
1,597 posts
3,811 battles

I like Mulberries, but I don’t think that was what you were trying to type. Maybe you meant very instead of bery. Either way your videos are always insightful.

[YORHA]
Members
3,805 posts
6,614 battles

First video of yours I have ever watched where there was nothing I could disagree with.

[S0L0]
Members
973 posts
5,189 battles
52 minutes ago, landedkiller said:

I like Mulberries, but I don’t think that was what you were trying to type. Maybe you meant very instead of bery. Either way your videos are always insightful.

28 minutes ago, RobertViktor68 said:

bery?

Blame Chico Escuela (and Sammy Sosa)...

Matt

• Cool 1

[OO7]
[OO7]
Members
3,763 posts
10,303 battles

Wait, I thought WG saved the game this last week? That's what I heard anyways. 

• Funny 3

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,288 posts
10,477 battles

Nice vid zoup!

[JASH]
Members
3,603 posts
9,214 battles

End of the tunnel? This morning it all feels like Fonzie is set up on his water skies and the ski boat is spooling up to jump speed. And now there's a tunnel, too?

Edited by MrKilmister
  • Funny 1

[WOLF2]
Members
1,174 posts
8,255 battles

Spot on Zoup on what plagued this 8.0 roll-out.   The only thing I disagree on is your apology for having an opinion.    Don't apologize for what you feel.

Outside of the T10 fiasco (and only one ship in particular that generated nearly all of the salt volume this week), the new CV play was fun for many.    Not being effective in the RTS style, it was fun to jump into a T4 CV and start the grind up.  It was playable!     And there were many players that dipped their toes into CV play this week.    That's the context that I saw in your previous video.      I don't need to apologize for enjoying an interesting and new play option provided by WG, and neither should you.

Now, the criticism of the T10s was warranted, and I give the Potato of the Week Award to WG Development.      And they doubled-down on their potato-flavoring with the hotfix today.   Swing it from one extreme to another, WG.   You state that in today's video - instead of fixing (or removing for a bit) T10, they'll sweep the changes across the board.    Yep, AA is good now, CVs at any tier are minimal threat (even prior to the hotfix - T4 and T6 were mere annoyances and T8 was semi-threatening).     The potato devs will now need to explain to their management on why CV play suddenly dipped to pre-rework levels.

• Cool 1

[PT8TO]
[PT8TO]
Members
361 posts
13,543 battles

So the solution to broken CVs is to avoid it in ranked mode or not play at all...

It's the same logic as asking WG for a "no CV" button. How will WG get the data they need to finally fix their broken game?

And nevermind the Hakuryu, the fact that CVs can warp speed their way to spot DDs within 30 seconds of the start strongly discourages any objective play. That, IMO, is the root of the problem.

[MIA-E]
Members
2,749 posts
7,608 battles

I thought you said this was the most engaging patch that brought life back into the game?

• Funny 1

[H_]
Members
1,253 posts

Nice job on the video....  I'm not able to load 8.0 at the moment or the hot fix....  So, I'm kind of forced to wait.....  What worries me is "the water under the bridge..."  At some point, WoWs will become just another arcade FPS;......with ships...  No real historical ties or roles....  So many gimmicks, it no longer fits into the era.   Which, creates a real paradox:  didn't the British, then IJN start the carrier air war and the US finish it?  Wasn't the "air war" so radical early on that AA was a mess and major combatants became sitting ducks?  A bi-plane attack kills the Bismark: good grief..  The IJN massacres two British combatants early on (Prince of Whales & Repulse).......  So, 8.0's over whelming air power isn't too far off the early and later war realities???  So, as I sit here, listening to friends "talking in tongues" on Discord; and, watching videos they send me, that make me cringe, I wonder...........what water will be flowing under the bridge after this new meta resolves itself???  Because, like radar, CV's present the largest problem the game has:  detection....   If DD's don't have any stealth, ever, in the game, the game itself no longer is a WW2-esk game.   The real issue is Map Size are far too small for CV's and Radar to be anything other than a meta/OP tool...... 

Fix the map sizes, the F key Ooops and increase AA damage............and, we might just be back a bit closer to real WW2 naval operations....  Because carriers were OP then and it took carriers to beat carriers.....  Am I wrong?

You should make a video about this......  It might help those stuck between "real historical expectations" and those whom just see the game as a FPS...........

[LODGE]
Beta Testers
236 posts
11,487 battles
11 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

I thought you said this was the most engaging patch that brought life back into the game?

Zoup is Wgs biggest shill. I didn't even watch the above video because he has always been a shill.

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[OPEC]
[OPEC]
Members
69 posts
1,821 battles
40 minutes ago, Yoshiblue said:

Sounds like the title to a children's book. 

Per Hop on Pop, by Dr. Seuss...

Capture.JPG

• Funny 1

[WMD]
Members
444 posts
6,224 battles
7 minutes ago, JdeMolay said:

Zoup is Wgs biggest shill. I didn't even watch the above video because he has always been a shill.

I too like to come into people's threads to crap on them based on no knowledge of what they said, and my own personal bias.

Members
631 posts
11 battles
28 minutes ago, JdeMolay said:

Or maybe he is just more positive than most of us. It has been very easy to get frustrated this past week over a very frustrating part of the game. I've blown so many gaskets in the last 7 days I've e lost count. I have played CV and ships today and the games seem much better. It's all we can ask for, or at least keep moving in the right direction.

[OPEC]
[OPEC]
Members
69 posts
1,821 battles
42 minutes ago, VeatherVitch said:

I too like to come into people's threads to crap on them based on no knowledge of what they said, and my own personal bias.

Yep - at least watch it before you crap on it.

[OPEC]
[OPEC]
Members
69 posts
1,821 battles
Just now, JdeMolay said:

Really? I have seen enough of him to know he is a shill. Its like watching Fox news or CNN about Trump, you know where each is going before you hear their opinion.

I stand by my comment.  An informed approach would be to watch it and point out what you disagree with.  I would actually value your opinion that way.

• Cool 1

[STAR]
Members
2,955 posts
8,064 battles

1- IMO CVs just reduce the fun out of the game. CVs punish agressive plays like no other ship. CVs "force" players to go into leming trains or blobs just to survive. This makes the game much more passive than i like to play. Also, many of the ships that i like to play are weak now, they either have bad AA or rely on concealment or maybe even both. 

2- AA vs planes; Some ships have terrible Aa other have great AA. this just makes harder to balance AA. if you buff AA to help ships with bad AA, the ships with good AA become OP. If you dont to anything, those ships with bad AA become unpopular and players are not going to play/buy them. 

Also, AA is RNG based, this means that sometimes even ships with great AA are unable to kill planes. This is frustrating. Another problem is that CV players can try to outplay AA with doges and F key. But surface shps cant outplay planes since you cant controll AA. 

3- WG nerfing premiums is a really dangerous road. If they go through with this, im not going to buy premium ships anymore. Who know what WG is going to do with the ships that i bought?

IMO a better solution would be to just make a sister ship or another version with some changes, but leave the ship there and dont sell that ship anymore. Like, keep CG like it is and make a da Vince or Cavour (sister ships) at T6 or nerfed at T5. Or a GC 2.0 at T5 if you dont want to go with sister ships. 

Edited by Xlap
  • Cool 1

[--O--]
Members
226 posts

Admitting ones mistake (clickbait title) is a big step and that of a man.

Blaming community for not playing test phase BAD MOVE... Do you realize how many things were going on the live server with high reward at the time? Seriously it is NOT the community it is another thing purely on Wargaming, ( test server gave little incentive to be on it, testers gave opinion and seem to go ignored oK DID GO IGNORED) Why would any of us ever want to go on a test server when the rewards for live serve were much better? that against human nature.

Before condemning the the community which IMO you did you need to look at the entire picture and there was NO incentives to play test server.

Members
631 posts
11 battles
8 minutes ago, Xlap said:

1- IMO CVs just reduce the fun out of the game. CVs ppunish agressive plays like no other ship. CVs "force" players to go into leming trains or blobs just to survive. this makes the game much more passive than i like to play. Also, many of the ships that i like to play are weak now, they either have bad AA or rely on concealment or maybe even both. 

2- AA vs planes; Some ships have terrible Aa other have great AA. this just makes harder to balance AA. if you buff AA to help ships with bad AA, the shpis with good AA become OP. If you dont to anything, those ships with bad AA become unpopular and players are not going to play/buy them. 

Also, AA is RNG based, tis means that sometimes even hsips even great AA are unable to kill planes. this is frustrating. Another problem is that CV players can try to outplay AA with doges and F key. But surface shps cant outplay planes since you cant controll them. 

3- WG nerfing premiums is a really dangerous road. If they go through with this, im not going to buy premium shis anymore. Who know what WG is going to do wit the ships that i bought?

IMO a better solution would be to just make a sister ship or another version with some changes, but leave the ship there and dont sell that ship anymore. Like, keep CG like it is and make a da Vince or Cavour (sister ships) at T6 or nerfed at T5. Or a GC 2.0 at T5 if you dont want to go with sister ships. 

This is a very plus 1 worthy post. I haven't played my favorite and most played ships since this patch, as crazy as it sounds, I do not treat all of my ships the same. you prompted an idea that I need to get my mind around, and hopefully I can post on it soon once I think it through.