Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Joe_918145

I'm Back After a Six Month Break

7 comments in this topic

[ICOP]
Members
147 posts
7,494 battles

I took a break from WOWs last September.  I had found that I was constantly getting mad when I had a losing streak to the point that it was affecting my attitude even away from the game.  So I just stopped playing and interesting enough I did not even think about the game until  the other day.  I've had a lot of free time this past week and decided to play 'one or two' battles just to see if I could still sink a ship or two.  Well, just like an alcoholic takes one drink and is right back where he was before he went into recovery, I'm hooked again.  I'm  determined to keep things in perspective this time and not let the game affect the other things in my life.  I've only played PVE since returning because there is less chance there of getting frustrated.  You meet the nicest people in CO-OP, and while Ops still has some stress, at least it is fun and there are never any bad sports in chat on the enemy team.  :)

My thoughts on returning:

1) First and foremost, the game is fun to play.  'Nuff said.

2)  WG changed the contrast of the shell arcs while I was away and it is an excellent change. Before  I had trouble seeing my shots under certain conditions which resulted in not knowing what to correct in my aim for the next volley.  It is a great change for old guys like me who are playing on laptops.  Thank you WG!

3)  People don't like change, and the CV rework is just the latest example.  I'm sure the developers will get it right soon, and we will have to find something else to gripe about on the forum.  I wonder how many people that hate the new update played on the test server?  I personally like playing the public tests because that's how I get a lot of free stuff, but most players here choose not to participate.  The better the sample size in test the better the code will be when it gets rolled out.  Just sayin'.....

4) The personalities of the people playing have not changed.  Chat can still get toxic in Ops, I'm sure it does in Randoms as well.  I've even been on a team with an attempted team killer who sent his planes at teammates and bragged about it.  I lost a Karma point the other day when I accidentally blocked a DD from firing his torps.  He should have made his smoke patch bigger so there was more room in there for my CA.  :)

Anyway, I made some friends here on the forum when I played before and thought I'd just write a quick post to let you know I'm back.  I even played a game with iDuckman the other day.  I can't remember which one of us did better on the team score board but it was fun to play with someone that posts here a lot.

See y'all in battle!

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
4,855 posts
10,663 battles

You picked an 'interesting' time to return, that's for sure.  The community is rife with raw nerves over the CV re-work and the incoming (possible) nerf to Giulio Cesare and, presumably, other premium ships.  Tempers are hot.

Still, the game is playable, and except for a few CV issues that are still being tweaked, it's still fun at all tiers.  Ignore the drama and shoot ships.

:Smile_honoring:

[OO7]
[OO7]
Members
3,768 posts
10,309 battles

Glad to see you around. Good luck! 

• Cool 1

Members
284 posts
3,196 battles

You miss most of the drama over the CV rework by jumping into PvE, oh, and welcome back. 

Have you tried the Scenarios yet?  If not they can be challenging with random teammates.  You never know what kind of potatoes you will have to carry to win. 

Good luck and fair seas.

[TCNNA]
Members
468 posts
13,191 battles

Welcome to pve. I only play this way and no stress at all. We loose? Yes sometimes.....who cares?😉 I would like have cv in pve driven by bot also. Just not need them super Uber😀

[_-_]
Members
1,595 posts
1 hour ago, Joe_918145 said:

I took a break from WOWs last September.  I had found that I was constantly getting mad when I had a losing streak to the point that it was affecting my attitude even away from the game.  So I just stopped playing and interesting enough I did not even think about the game until  the other day.  I've had a lot of free time this past week and decided to play 'one or two' battles just to see if I could still sink a ship or two.  Well, just like an alcoholic takes one drink and is right back where he was before he went into recovery, I'm hooked again.  I'm  determined to keep things in perspective this time and not let the game affect the other things in my life.  I've only played PVE since returning because there is less chance there of getting frustrated.  You meet the nicest people in CO-OP, and while Ops still has some stress, at least it is fun and there are never any bad sports in chat on the enemy team.  :)

My thoughts on returning:

1) First and foremost, the game is fun to play.  'Nuff said.

2)  WG changed the contrast of the shell arcs while I was away and it is an excellent change. Before  I had trouble seeing my shots under certain conditions which resulted in not knowing what to correct in my aim for the next volley.  It is a great change for old guys like me who are playing on laptops.  Thank you WG!

3)  People don't like change, and the CV rework is just the latest example.  I'm sure the developers will get it right soon, and we will have to find something else to gripe about on the forum.  I wonder how many people that hate the new update played on the test server?  I personally like playing the public tests because that's how I get a lot of free stuff, but most players here choose not to participate.  The better the sample size in test the better the code will be when it gets rolled out.  Just sayin'.....

4) The personalities of the people playing have not changed.  Chat can still get toxic in Ops, I'm sure it does in Randoms as well.  I've even been on a team with an attempted team killer who sent his planes at teammates and bragged about it.  I lost a Karma point the other day when I accidentally blocked a DD from firing his torps.  He should have made his smoke patch bigger so there was more room in there for my CA.  :)

Anyway, I made some friends here on the forum when I played before and thought I'd just write a quick post to let you know I'm back.  I even played a game with iDuckman the other day.  I can't remember which one of us did better on the team score board but it was fun to play with someone that posts here a lot.

See y'all in battle!

Welcome back, especially to the wonderful world of Co-op. The PvE community prides itself on friendliness.

If anything, people are somewhat testier than usual due to the 8.0 patch. Just shine it on.

Remember, you can't make bacon without some salt.

Set the special sea and anchor detail. Make all preparations for getting under way! :Smile_honoring:

[WOSV]
Members
436 posts
2,550 battles
1 hour ago, desmo_2 said:

You picked an 'interesting' time to return, that's for sure.  The community is rife with raw nerves over the CV re-work and the incoming (possible) nerf to Giulio Cesare and, presumably, other premium ships.  Tempers are hot.

Still, the game is playable, and except for a few CV issues that are still being tweaked, it's still fun at all tiers.  Ignore the drama and shoot ships.

:Smile_honoring:

Lol I was about to say. What a time to come back. Sound advice though. Don't worry about the drama here. People react to change strangely at times.

Sign in to follow this