You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
TheYamato

AskEveryone: So guys, how are you all adapting to the new meta?

5 comments in this topic

Members
67 posts
2,477 battles

Hey guys,

So the DDs have taken a bit of a hit of late and if I'm honest, I don't think that'll change. I welcome the new meta and want to adapt to it. I figured we'd all share how our gameplay has changed and tips to do better in the current state of things. Who wants first go? I'm a gentleman.

Members
55 posts
2,938 battles

i like killing dds especially with midways rockets, its fun watching dds die and people getting their butt hurt

[LODGE]
[LODGE]
Members
25 posts
7,772 battles

i mean if you have good mates and a proper division anything is still do able, if your setup right and knowledgeable event he broken tier 10 hak cv can be fairly easy to mitigate. 

I find i am playing a great deal less variety however as many things are unbalanced and can suffer greatly still, slow ships that can't keep up, i haven't had a good experience playing alone in a while in randoms.

And yes dd's do seem to suffer the greatest shock to their old role play, and they were still adjusting to the new and ever growing radar. but this game like most things has cycles, art imitating life to replace it supplant it become addictive patterned behavior under established psychology. sometimes he cruisers are too good at ROF or fire propagation, then its the op bbs with sped and firepower, then its the dds then its the cv's pillaging people who play without the advantages of teammates or goo division mates with  variety of options to offer critical support. The New ship is too op the new ship was over nerfed. There are too many of the new X line or ship or radar in the queue because its new. when a new ship line or split comes out its 5 to 1 in that ship line class in queue for days even weeks

I can adjust to the game play but it has gone from fun and engaging or fun and challenging to laborious and tedious and limiting.

Its like inflation or a bubble bursting in investing or the stock market crashing. It's like you work hard you save you plan you invest diversify. and due to a broken money system that is 5000 years old fundamentally. You can never have "enough" for retirement. 

So all that work playing all the ship lines trying to keep up with everything and not  only do i get hamstrung, disillusioned and put aside. But now i am to be set back in the struggle to keep up with a dynamic game where the f2p grind is very real. And all i can think is how can this establish any trust to make such a drastic change. how would i ever want to invest money in this now, and it has been radical enough im really leaning towards it isn't worth any more of my time being invested either.

And that id be better off quitting while im ahead as they say.

The only thing this patch runied for me is CV play. i mean it was my 3rd least favorite thing to do right ahead of cruiser play but wow, now its just too stupid easy. too action paced with so little real nuance to it. before it was a frustration that if i beat you as a cv player you really sucked but i enjoyed the challenge now and then. and while i tended to lose money i could generally manufacture the team win by simple fundamentals. i would always lose fighter strafe timing battles to other players due to game latency or some other silly minor issue. Tolerable compared to having a pointless fly planes in drop attacks. That format looks crazy repetitive.

[-VT3-]
Members
1,755 posts
3,561 battles

My gameplay has changed because I'm now zooming around in an aircraft, bombing targets with impunity.

In Ace Combat 7.  

Call me when and if WG manages to salvage this fiasco.  I have no time to sit around alpha testing a 3 year old game.

Members
1,436 posts
3,718 battles
1 hour ago, TheYamato said:

Hey guys,

So the DDs have taken a bit of a hit of late and if I'm honest, I don't think that'll change. I welcome the new meta and want to adapt to it. I figured we'd all share how our gameplay has changed and tips to do better in the current state of things. Who wants first go? I'm a gentleman.

I have yet to have a battle its work time.

:cap_rambo::cap_popcorn: