You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sumseaman

AA is sure tasty in the hotfix...

182 comments in this topic

[WOLF6]
Members
635 posts
2,669 battles

I accidently ran into @Snargfargle playing the Midway with me in the Kaga. Lost a LOT of aircraft. If people are happy...I'm happy. Still a way to go perhaps. I sunk that Moskva but it sure was a task as you can see.

Untitled5.jpg

Edited by Sumseaman

[PSP]
Members
7,923 posts
10,490 battles

Here is some of what people are saying about the CVs post hotfix. The general consensus is that AA works much better now. I know that I was being depleted of planes very fast. I can't say about the Hakuryu, which was the too OP ship, but the Midway definitely feels like it has taken a bit of a hit. Time will tell if I can figure out how to lose fewer planes. Ironically, however, this was my best game ever in a CV.

shot-19_02.07_05_41.13-0679.thumb.jpg.c97993c2c7e473d3313d726ab0e50b98.jpg 

shot-19_02.07_05_48.37-0673.thumb.jpg.d803b995d0226d29b3f834b37a062b76.jpg

• Cool 1

[CAFE]
Members
1,472 posts
11,655 battles
3 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Here is some of what people are saying about the CVs post hotfix. The general consensus is that AA works much better now. I know that I was being depleted of planes very fast. I can't say about the Hakuryu, which was the too OP ship, but the Midway definitely feels like it has taken a bit of a hit. Time will tell if I can figure out how to lose fewer planes. Ironically, however, this was my best game ever in a CV.

shot-19_02.07_05_41.13-0679.thumb.jpg.c97993c2c7e473d3313d726ab0e50b98.jpg 

shot-19_02.07_05_48.37-0673.thumb.jpg.d803b995d0226d29b3f834b37a062b76.jpg

Tried 1 game with the Hak and was deplaned in the first 7-8min... Trust me, its not worth playing that boat again. My game with the midway went a bit better but was deplaned still 

[WOLFC]
Members
546 posts
1,556 battles
Just now, FratStar4Life said:

Tried 1 game with the Hak and was deplaned in the first 7-8min... Trust me, its not worth playing that boat again. My game with the midway went a bit better but was deplaned still 

Working as intended.

• Cool 7
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 6

[PSP]
Members
7,923 posts
10,490 battles
Just now, FratStar4Life said:

It sure is feeling like they "balanced" it a bit too much the other way. However, time will tell. Let's give it a week and see what the results are.

[CAFE]
Members
1,472 posts
11,655 battles
2 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

It sure is feeling like they "balanced" it a bit too much the other way. However, time will tell. Let's give it a week and see what the results are.

I am predicting by the end of the week the games will go back to looking similar to what they did pre-rework and CVs will be nonexistent.  

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
546 posts
1,556 battles
1 minute ago, FratStar4Life said:

I am predicting by the end of the week the games will go back to looking similar to what they did pre-rework and CVs will be nonexistent.  

After what we surface ships had to endure for 1 week. I love it.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 4

[SI-YC]
Beta Testers
697 posts
4,595 battles
2 minutes ago, FratStar4Life said:

So say we all.

[WOLF6]
Members
635 posts
2,669 battles

I dunno. AA sure is strong but I did ok in a tier VIII in a tier X game. With tier VII planes no less. It's a little on the heavy side but I think after the Hak disaster that players deserve to beat up on CVs for a while.

Edited by Sumseaman
  • Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
260 posts
5,571 battles

Im going to sell my Saipan, getting deplaned by 10 min mark even when playing very conservatively.  I'm just trying to spot, and lost planes.  The respawn is so slow you lose effectiveness way to quickly. **edit** constant tier 10 matches may be the issue, but it's an 8 now, so that is to be expected

oh well

Edited by LCPL4ever

[SI-YC]
Beta Testers
697 posts
4,595 battles
1 minute ago, LCPL4ever said:

Im going to sell my Saipan, getting deplaned by 10 min mark even when playing very conservatively.  I'm just trying to spot, and lost planes.  The respawn is so slow you lose effectiveness way to quickly. **edit** constant tier 10 matches may be the issue, but it's an 8 now, so that is to be expected

oh well

They'll tune the AA back eventually.  If not the next patch.  Welcome to live testing.

[PSP]
Members
7,923 posts
10,490 battles

Is this the wave of the future? Post your results people, we need data here!

shot-19_02.07_06_28.55-0162.thumb.jpg.bc04c65216ad2eee85a67922bc54e4a4.jpg

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Bad 2

[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
782 posts
13,328 battles

Now i can make 1 way in T4 and T6. Second wave all planes gone.

Before T4 was playable cv make like 30-50k dmg so its like 1 full BB kill.

In T6 i was nealy 0 planes in CV cause nothing returned back. Once you have red planes and you press F doesn't matter its gone.

Pretty disappointed.

[WOLF6]
Members
635 posts
2,669 battles

I am starting to see though that carrier play still differs quite a bit from all the other classes. You really have to have lightning reflexes sometimes to play well. Many players have also reported getting motion sickness which isn't good.

[TF-60]
Members
124 posts
8,325 battles
18 minutes ago, FratStar4Life said:

One can only hope

• Cool 3
  • Bad 4

[WOLF6]
Members
635 posts
2,669 battles
3 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Is this the wave of the future? Post your results people, we need data here!

shot-19_02.07_06_28.55-0162.thumb.jpg.bc04c65216ad2eee85a67922bc54e4a4.jpg

Yeah not so good in the Enterprise. Even the Khab had teeth. Going for a blob is simply suicide.

Untitled6.jpg

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,658 posts
8,142 battles
1 minute ago, Sumseaman said:

Yeah not so good in the Enterprise. Even the Khab had teeth. Going for a blob is simply suicide.

As it well should be.  Cover your DDs and get them to aim some fish at them.

• Cool 7
  • Bad 5

[SI-YC]
Beta Testers
697 posts
4,595 battles
1 minute ago, Sumseaman said:

Makes sense.  In RL, a single squadron of planes (especially torp bombers) would take heavy losses going against a blob of AA.  So, the obvious teamplay counter to CVs is to blob.  Advancing the game play...

[MIA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,290 posts
7,991 battles

Yes you cannot recall planes in heavy AA anymore, you lose a ton if not all. You can still get your first strike through heavy AA but you will be deplaned in the process. Ironically Hakuryu suffers the least from this because you can drop from afar and then not lose planes, as long as the enemy ships don't try to evade your strike which in order to get high damage games before this patch they needed to not anyway.

[WOLF6]
Members
635 posts
2,669 battles
4 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

As it well should be.  Cover your DDs and get them to aim some fish at them.

Oh I did Mouse. First thing I do is turn back and drop fighters on DDs...especially early game when the attack aircraft are inbound. The Yugumo went off on his lonesome in that one. Despite my protestations! I also should have said even looking at a blob on the minimap sometimes gets you shot down! 

Edited by Sumseaman

[PSP]
Members
7,923 posts
10,490 battles

Even against lone targets I am now losing all my squadron in the first attack run. I think that the squadrons should either go back to 12 or the AA should be reduced slightly. Not all the way back to pre-hotfix, mind you, but some. The way it is now people are going to quickly stop playing CVs and all the rework work will be for naught. I was third here but the team was terrible too. Our  poor Lexington couldn't keep a plane alive long enough to even get in a strike.

shot-19_02.07_06_45.18-0210.thumb.jpg.70834fb49ebd9719243577a26525b9b0.jpg

[WLDD]
Beta Testers
483 posts
5,442 battles
12 minutes ago, NeoRussia said:

Yes you cannot recall planes in heavy AA anymore, you lose a ton if not all. You can still get your first strike through heavy AA but you will be deplaned in the process. Ironically Hakuryu suffers the least from this because you can drop from afar and then not lose planes, as long as the enemy ships don't try to evade your strike which in order to get high damage games before this patch they needed to not anyway.

Hakuryu has been made completely pointless with this hotfix.  The arming time on the attack run is so long now that you basically have to start the attack halfway across the map before the torps are ready to drop.  But you better pray that the target doesn't move during that time, otherwise your spread will bloom out to max width if you make just a minor turn.

Good job Wargaming.  You wanted people playing CVs and you got that with 0.8.0, and just one week later have made them obsolete to every other ship in the game with your "hotfix" if you can call it that.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[SI-YC]
Beta Testers
697 posts
4,595 battles
2 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Even against lone targets I am now losing all my squadron in the first attack run. I think that the squadrons should either go back to 12 or the AA should be reduced slightly. Not all the way back to pre-hotfix, mind you, but some. The way it is now people are going to quickly stop playing CVs and all the rework work will be for naught. I was third here but the team was terrible too. Our  poor Lexington couldn't keep a plane alive long enough to even get in a strike.  

No doubt the RN CVs will have an anti AA device that will definitely not ever get nerfed in the future.  

[MIA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,290 posts
7,991 battles
1 minute ago, Deno said:

Hakuryu has been made completely pointless with this hotfix.  The arming time on the attack run is so long now that you basically have to start the attack halfway across the map before the torps are ready to drop.  But you better pray that the target doesn't move during that time, otherwise your spread will bloom out to max width if you make just a minor turn.

Good job Wargaming.  You wanted people playing CVs and you got that with 0.8.0, and just one week later have made them obsolete to every other ship in the game with your "hotfix" if you can call it that.

I tested it and it was still 5 seconds to get to minimum bloom on the torpedo spread. It was 5 seconds before but the spread was also tighter. If you use your mouse to maneuver the spread feels about the same to me, but once again it's also not as tight as it was before.

[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
782 posts
13,328 battles

I just like to state a point WHOLE CV rework was aim to people plays CV a bit. :D

I'm glad now everybody is happy and CV do crap once again. BB don't die now, DD can spot you whole game from 6km great old time. Just one question now why WG even bother do rework :D

• Boring 2