Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
DavidNXS

are you serious WG did you even think this through hot fix my a%^

15 comments in this topic

[Y0L0]
Members
168 posts
9,366 battles

thing cv were close  real close but instead of tweaking you come out with a massive nerf from soo many angles

cant even get close to  ships without losing entire  squardons

• Cool 2

[RDS-A]
Beta Testers
41 posts
4,488 battles

I was in favor in nerfing cv's been a DD main BUT once again wg  did a bad job of it. They went from one extreme to another. Coming from someone grinding the T6 Ryujo, I went from making 4 passes with torps on a lone bb to barely making one without losing the entire squad because of two reasons.

1. After you make a drop the planes that used to return to carrier almost always die now.
  2. If you want to hit both of the torps on your run you can't adjust your path or you most likely miss (so you have to eat some flak losing more planes)

Because of this most of my time is been spent in the rocket planes doing 2.5k - 3k passes on poor dd's at T6 so in a sense this hot fix has made it even worse for DD's

except for what the cv's were doing to DD's I felt the T6 was ok power wise but now its just utter crap and not fun at all.

I understand WG had to rush out a patch to fix the T10 cv but they changed to much at once and made the T6 realy bad and lost interest in grinding it now.

You really have to look at whats its like to try and attack a +2 tier target WG its really bad, its like you guys don't even play your own game at times.

Edited by EraserNZ1
  • Cool 2

[SCREW]
[SCREW]
Members
111 posts
7,370 battles

Its awful lol why even play CVs? Why put ourselves through it to provide this ape devs with the metrics if they're utterly incompetent in the first place! And I shouldnt have called them apes thats offensive to apes

• Cool 2

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
3,512 posts
13,733 battles

Just like aiming big guns - straddle the target long and short with two salvos. The third hits the mark.

We go from CV's not losing planes at all to losing all of them. The sky was falling for non-CV with 8.0 and now it is falling for CV with 8.0.1. Soon enough there will be no sky left and only patient players will be able to take advantage of the rework.

Keep at it WG. You will find the sweet spot and you know you will never please all the players all the time...

[PLPT]
Members
44 posts
9,017 battles

Saddly now with the not thought through or tested hotfix 2 things now need to happen to balance cv's yet again. AA needs reduced since now no corrections can be made during the attack run and the new aa shreckes all planes and the service time is now astoundingly long. Most cv's are now effectively out of planes to make effective strikes even at t10 by 1/2 or 3/4 through the match. 

DB's are ridiculously situational now even more then before. with the slow speed the need to get perfectly lined up makes the time in the new AA bubbles a death sentence more then 90% of the time. I have relegated my thought process to if iam going to use them ill be sacrificing the whole flight to make one strike, none of the planes will survive.

• Cool 1

[PIZZA]
[PIZZA]
Members
67 posts
24,393 battles

Lost 6 Bearcats in 2 seconds while attacking  one ship. Hot fix my [edited].  Imagine the number of "lost in action" telegrams being received due to the COMPLETE FAILURE of Wargaming to fix the AA.  Go play a few rounds of Battlestations Midway on an old computer comrades. They had this figured out 10 years ago. 

[PNGYN]
Alpha Tester
1,331 posts
2,134 battles

in this hotfix i lose more of my planes than i ever did before. what the hell WG? i thought you were smarter than this.

• Cool 1

[TCPI]
Members
1 post
93 battles

I just love coming back to CV nerfs. I enjoyed them before the rework, now I lose entire squadrons from 10km out before I even have a chance to damage other ships

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester
178 posts
2,981 battles

Have to agree. Some of the nerfs were needed (The F key especially) 

The Hak CV TB aiming times is TOO long now. It was to short before. Make it 2.5-3.0 seconds and its fine.

AA is WAY out of whack. Losing entire flights before you can get close to two ships off to the side is ridiculous. I've played CV's a long time and have been in favor of the change and enjoyed it.

But tonight for the 1st time in a LONG time. Playing CV was ZERO fun.

Tweak quickly please

• Cool 2

[DPS]
Members
101 posts
On 2/7/2019 at 2:29 PM, Roamer0101 said:

The Hak CV TB aiming times is TOO long now. It was to short before. Make it 2.5-3.0 seconds and its fine.

The bloom for even the slightest adjustment is stupid as well...

• Cool 1

[G0ATS]
Members
35 posts
1,401 battles

It seems that they just like to balance around T10 and nothing else.

If youre a T8 CV and youre having issues against T10 AA (even T8 AA), well, they will just say "[edited] you!" and keep nerfing

And all those streamers, just showing their big numbers in T10 CV, of course they will have no issues with the game, its their fault by making people beliee the CV's are that overpowered. People ranting about being sink in their battleships when being alone, well, first of all, BB's where never suposed to counter planes, that was the job of a cruiser.

Cruisers should be the unique class of ship that CV's should be afraid of, and some specialized Destroyers like Grozovoi.

• Cool 1

Members
89 posts
1,803 battles

All they had to do for the hakuryu is nerf the flooding damage. All my games in the hakuryu with high damage was mostly due to flooding. Now you just made it plane impossible to land torps.

Edited by Pyun
  • Cool 1

[L13]
Beta Testers
3 posts

If wargaming was trying to remove carriers from the game they couldn't have done a better job, they've removed all of the fun of playing them as you now lose most if not all of your planes before you can launch torpedos, bombs, or missiles, Hope for a fix soon but don't hold your breath

• Cool 1

[CHNDR]
Members
8 posts
2,665 battles

Not once has a single plane made it back to my carrier. 100% of my aircraft get shot down on this free 5 seconds or so of flak damage that i have ZERO means of doing anything about. im LUCKY if i even get a single attack run off before the entire squadron is just auto deleted.

Sure, instant invulnerability with the F key is unfair, but i cant even play it now, im just feeding enemy ships plane kills and there is nothing i can do about it.

[DJAVU]
[DJAVU]
Members
5 posts
1,860 battles

I don't agree that making planes invulnerable by recalling (hitting F) was unfair or cheap.  If you chose to surrender the attack, you loose the spotting bonus by having the aircraft in the area and save the planes.  I've recently seen that the AA fire has been more effective if you are going parallel or away from the ships that are firing.  With this in mind, hitting the F Key less then 10 km away from ships, virtually guarantees plane losses.  In my mind, I have a better chance of breaking through on my way to a ship to attack than returning to the carrier so i might press an attack that i wouldn't have before.  After all, if I am going to loose planes, I may as well do damage. 

AA Fire on its own seems a bit mysterious to me too.  I've had games in which i feel like i can fly with impunity, take my time setting up attacks and rack up damage.  On the next attack, planes start taking hits from as far away as 10 km, even behind hills.  I have had mixed success varying speed and changing course, but there doesn't seem to be a consistent strategy for successfully navigating flack.  

With the reduction of spotting distance, the effectiveness of being a spotter is now reduced too.  In the past, I found that being a spotter and illuminating ships gave my team reliant information which they could use in their deployment strategy.  For instance:  If the majority of an enemy team goes to one capture point or one side of the map and it is seen early enough, your team has a chance to adjust and either ambush or defend properly. 

The resurgence of CVs started to keep players honest, and i think a lot of players resented that.  If you decided to be a lone wolf and run and gun, you leave yourself vulnerable.  This is still true without CVs, but carriers are still the scapegoat.  I've seen a BB turn into 5 ships and engage at close range.  He lasted about 30 seconds and immediately started complaining about how overpowered air attacks are.  I know WG received a lot of complaints as soon as people started playing with carriers again, but most of the complaints seem to be from players who never wanted carriers in their games to start with.  I believe that this created a lot of white noise that forced an overreaction, especially because the complaints are coming from kids who had one bad game and complain loudly.  

I think they're still fun to play, a challenge isn't always a bad thing, but it just is starting to feel like you don't have a lot of control to make a meaningful contribution in the battle and that's a bummer.  

Sign in to follow this