Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
geser98

Give GC her original guns and leave her at T5

10 comments in this topic

Members
1,120 posts
95 battles

The version of GC that we have in WoWS is fitted with 10*320mm guns, but the ship has originally been built with 46 model 1909 305mm guns. Compared to the later refit, originals guns had slightly better shell velocity, same RoF, but obviously since the shell is smaller, the damage per shell would be significantly lower and around the same numbers that Oct. Rev or Konig have at the same tier. 

Why not just give her original guns and keep her where she is. This should solve excessive damage issues.

[REVY]
Members
43 posts
2,784 battles

If I'm recalling correctly, the original GC (in real life) with her 305s had a turret amidships that was removed when the guns were bumped up. WG would have to remodel GC since a 10 gun 305 armed GC never existed. 

Members
1,120 posts
95 battles
1 hour ago, Aghostinthetank said:

If I'm recalling correctly, the original GC (in real life) with her 305s had a turret amidships that was removed when the guns were bumped up. WG would have to remodel GC since a 10 gun 305 armed GC never existed. 

Oh, indeed you're right, there does seem to have been a third triple-gun turret. In that case it's not going to work. 

[MOH]
Members
434 posts
1,703 battles

While I am very much pro game balance, I can understand a player's position, and the precedent this might set for future Premium releases.  My solution would be this:

1. Leave the Giulio Cesare alone as-is.  Honestly, while I think she's OP, I'm not losing any sleep over her performance, either, as she's not so overpowered that it's hugely game breaking.  Good playing and decision making >>>>>>> any ship.
  2. Re-release the Giulio Cesare at T6 as the Conte di Cavour.  The Conte di Cavour was the lead-ship of this Italian battleship class and received all the same modernization improvements as the Giulio Cesare. 
  3. Save the third ship of the class, the Leonardo da Vinci, as the future T5 tech-tree release.  The A-Hull would be the original non-modernized version with 13x 305mm guns, near-nonexistent deck armor, and 21.5 knot speed.  The B-hull and other upgrades could then upgrade her to what the other two were given, but with certain characteristics balanced (like reduced dispersion, turret traverse, etc) so that she's not OP at T5. 
  4. Sell the new T6 Conte di Cavour in the premium shop and in the arsenal for coal for all to enjoy.
  5. Give a free Conte di Cavour to all the Giulio Cesare owners.
  6. Give Ranari a year's worth of free pizza at Papa Johns for coming up with this amazing idea.

Wah-lah, problem solved!

• Cool 2

Members
1,713 posts
9,117 battles

Hey

I think its a stupid idea to bump the Giulio Cesare from T5; if she needs some competition then give the Konig back it's original sigma she once had, and maybe give slight buff's to other weaker T5 ships so they are more competitive.  Then it's a win/win for all ships at T5; just moving it to T6 just crowds the field more.  But when does logic and balancing go hand in hand at Wargaming any more?  Like I have said before; balance the ship in testing, before it's released; nerfing any ship afterwards just makes people upset and that's the last thing Wargaming needs right now.

Pete

[WOLF6]
Members
462 posts
5,360 battles
14 minutes ago, sasquatch_research said:

Hey

I think its a stupid idea to bump the Giulio Cesare from T5; if she needs some competition then give the Konig back it's original sigma she once had, and maybe give slight buff's to other weaker T5 ships so they are more competitive.  Then it's a win/win for all ships at T5; just moving it to T6 just crowds the field more.  But when does logic and balancing go hand in hand at Wargaming any more?  Like I have said before; balance the ship in testing, before it's released; nerfing any ship afterwards just makes people upset and that's the last thing Wargaming needs right now.

Pete

Agreed , I don't have the GC , no dog in this particular hunt .  But WG tends to be heavy handed in their tweaks , They should just leave well enough alone .

[UFFA]
[UFFA]
Members
1,127 posts
63 battles

That would just lead to no one playing cruisers. 

There was a proposal to modernize the 305/46 instead of going with the 320/44 however I don't know if it went beyond the discussion of which path to take. Lesta is already faking rifles with Leone, I don't see any need to add to the list. Lesta wishes to avoid all talk of nerfs by using the technicality of uptiering. So we shall have to see what happens with the test ship.

[GOMO]
Members
38 posts
7,452 battles
20 hours ago, retic1959 said:

Agreed , I don't have the GC , no dog in this particular hunt .  But WG tends to be heavy handed in their tweaks , They should just leave well enough alone .

I have the GC and it is powerful in it`s own tier, but it comes up against tier 7 BB`s a lot and gets chunked from any angle, so not so OP as to be moved up a tier. I also get pissed when I buy a premium and WG decides to nerf it. Once the ship is released , it shouldn`t be touched IMO. Ranari has a good idea, come out with a T-6 BB of the same class and leave the GC at t-5.

[GOMO]
Members
38 posts
7,452 battles
On 2/11/2019 at 11:57 AM, Ranari said:

While I am very much pro game balance, I can understand a player's position, and the precedent this might set for future Premium releases.  My solution would be this:

1. Leave the Giulio Cesare alone as-is.  Honestly, while I think she's OP, I'm not losing any sleep over her performance, either, as she's not so overpowered that it's hugely game breaking.  Good playing and decision making >>>>>>> any ship.
  2. Re-release the Giulio Cesare at T6 as the Conte di Cavour.  The Conte di Cavour was the lead-ship of this Italian battleship class and received all the same modernization improvements as the Giulio Cesare. 
  3. Save the third ship of the class, the Leonardo da Vinci, as the future T5 tech-tree release.  The A-Hull would be the original non-modernized version with 13x 305mm guns, near-nonexistent deck armor, and 21.5 knot speed.  The B-hull and other upgrades could then upgrade her to what the other two were given, but with certain characteristics balanced (like reduced dispersion, turret traverse, etc) so that she's not OP at T5. 
  4. Sell the new T6 Conte di Cavour in the premium shop and in the arsenal for coal for all to enjoy.
  5. Give a free Conte di Cavour to all the Giulio Cesare owners.
  6. Give Ranari a year's worth of free pizza at Papa Johns for coming up with this amazing idea.

Wah-lah, problem solved!

I agree, well said! I hope WG reads your post and acts on some of your ideas!

• Cool 1

Members
1,713 posts
9,117 battles

Hey

I say leave the GC at T5 in it's present form without Nerfing any about it and move on to another ship, or give buff's to the most under performing T5 BB's and be done.   Enough damage has been done to the game as of late.

Pete

Sign in to follow this