You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
IvanPonomarev

How Do I pay Russian Prices for Ships Instead of American Prices

16 comments in this topic

[CRMSN]
Members
365 posts
10,666 battles

So the RU server gets special privileges because they are factually poor in Russia. Therefore, WG subsidizes their prices in the premium shop. Now I know I have to download the RU client but if I go through the Ru premium shop I get American prices still. Do I need to use a vip to change my physical location to Russia in order to see RU prices? Why spend 56$ for a Tirpitz if I can spend 5 or whatever peasant price that is? By the way I am Russian and originally from Russia. If an exception can be made for me to get peasant prices on the NA server that would be great. I can provide my USSR passport and other documentation through the Russian Embassy. 

• Bad 3

[A_51]
Members
679 posts
15,374 battles

You must move to Murmansk, stand in bread line and pay obeisance to Comrade Putin.  Then you pay post-Soviet Russian prices.  Unless we send you to Gulag first.  

Western capitalist pigs pay full price.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3
  • Bad 1

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,158 posts
4,378 battles

RU shop = RU server.

NA shop = NA server.

That's all there is to it, no getting around it. You can't buy something in the RU shop and have it pop up on your NA account, or vice-versa.

[CRMSN]
Members
365 posts
10,666 battles
1 minute ago, Landsraad said:

RU shop = RU server.

NA shop = NA server.

That's all there is to it, no getting around it. You can't buy something in the RU shop and have it pop up on your NA account, or vice-versa.

Would changing VPN to RU get me access to Russian shop?

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
2,158 posts
4,378 battles
1 minute ago, IvanPonomarev said:

Would changing VPN to RU get me access to Russian shop?

No, because you're still playing with an NA account. Accounts on different servers are 100% separate from one another.

[CRMSN]
Members
365 posts
10,666 battles
Just now, Landsraad said:

No, because you're still playing with an NA account. Accounts on different servers are 100% separate from one another.

I would make an RU account

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
2,158 posts
4,378 battles

I would make an RU account

Then you'd have to play on the RU server and start from scratch.

[CRMSN]
Members
365 posts
10,666 battles
Just now, Landsraad said:

Then you'd have to play on the RU server and start from scratch.

Doesnt bother me probably could buy all the ships for 100 instead of 1000

[FLEE]
Members
2,173 posts
4,949 battles

Ivan,

I have two accounts - one on the NA server and the other on the SEA server.
Two separate names, two separate identities, two separate accounts. I cannot use anything bought on SEA here and anything bought here can't be used on my other account on SEA.

That's the way it goes but you could create accounts on every server and have the best of all worlds.

[CRMSN]
Members
365 posts
10,666 battles
Just now, JervisBay said:

Ivan,

I have two accounts - one on the NA server and the other on the SEA server.
Two separate names, two separate identities, two separate accounts. I cannot use anything bought on SEA here and anything bought here can't be used on my other account on SEA.

That's the way it goes but you could create accounts on every server and have the best of all worlds.

I have been thinking about doing a rollback and then buy any new ships on a seperate account with the heavily discounted prices.

[FLEE]
Members
2,173 posts
4,949 battles

I have been thinking about doing a rollback and then buy any new ships on a seperate account with the heavily discounted prices.

Worth giving it a go, mate. You've got nothing to lose by trying it out.

[ARRSE]
Members
56 posts
1,039 battles
5 minutes ago, IvanPonomarev said:

I'm not sure what you mean by "heavily-discounted prices"?

Prices are broadly the same for shop items across all servers, and where there is a small variation its usually down to sales taxes and/or currency exchange rates in the account holder's country.

I've had RU, NA, EU and SEA accounts since WoT beta, and have played on those RU accounts whilst physically in Russia. There is no general discount on items other than the occasional regional special offer (usually something to do with glorious Stalin history, etc). Today, for example, the shop Kii packages are the same price in NA, RU and EU, save for a bit of +/- due to exchange rates.

Members
1,120 posts
95 battles
55 minutes ago, IvanPonomarev said:

So the RU server gets special privileges because they are factually poor in Russia. Therefore, WG subsidizes their prices in the premium shop. Now I know I have to download the RU client but if I go through the Ru premium shop I get American prices still. Do I need to use a vip to change my physical location to Russia in order to see RU prices? Why spend 56$ for a Tirpitz if I can spend 5 or whatever peasant price that is? By the way I am Russian and originally from Russia. If an exception can be made for me to get peasant prices on the NA server that would be great. I can provide my USSR passport and other documentation through the Russian Embassy. 

I just came back from holidays back home in St.Petersburg, Russia and during my stay there I've been playing on RU server, while normally I play on ASIA. The prices in RU premium shop are almost exactly the same as I pay here in Australia. Maybe use Russian VPN?

Also, you, sir, are a prick, a condescending prick.

[CRMSN]
Members
365 posts
10,666 battles
26 minutes ago, geser98 said:

I just came back from holidays back home in St.Petersburg, Russia and during my stay there I've been playing on RU server, while normally I play on ASIA. The prices in RU premium shop are almost exactly the same as I pay here in Australia. Maybe use Russian VPN?

Also, you, sir, are a prick, a condescending prick.

They are not the same. Russian salary can’t handle 50$ ships

• Bad 1

Community Department
2,348 posts
597 battles
1 hour ago, IvanPonomarev said:

Don't make this a thing, please. The prise may differ slightly from region to region but it depends mostly on the currency peg to dollar and some currency rate fluctuations which may cause some inconvenience for players. All the actions were made to reduce this inconvenince but not to make some huge discounts for one region at the expense of the rest.
There is no functionality at the moment to make it possible to play on one region and buy anything on another. And we don't have plans to implement that. 
If it's convenient you may create CIS account and play/purchase any stuff there, it's not restricted. 

Thanks all for clarifying. I'm going to lock the topic.