You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
CaptainJJay

Unrealistic BOT Speed?

4 comments in this topic

[MOW]
Members
3 posts
1,585 battles

Not sure what to make of this, and yes I considered a Seizure attack, lol.

I was playing a Japanese Destroyer (tier IV i believe) in a Co-op battle when i got jumped by two battleships coming around an island. I had just fired my torps so i tried to evade them by moving out into open water doing evasive maneuvers. The chase started at somewhere near 6 kilometers separation. by the time i had gone about 5 km on the water I noticed that I was still detected and started paying attention to the distance between me and the closer BB (the other had been sunk by my team mates). The problem was that even at my top speed of almost 40 knots I was not pulling away from the Battleship following me. The distance would go to something like 7 km and not any higher. This went on for about a quarter of the map and maybe a couple minutes by then - including a 90 degree turn which should have slowed him down as well.

This wasn't a graphic bug (where it shows a ship that is not there) cause I turned around and full speed did a drive by on him since my torps had long since reloaded and he actually was there and i sunk him.

This is the only time this has happened to me that I noticed .. so I have checked and can't find a battleship with near 40 knot speeds, anyone know if this happens on rare occasions or did I actually have a stroke?

Unfortunately I do not remember the battleships name, so i hope that is not important.

[MACH1]
Members
154 posts
12,421 battles

Some of the IJN DD's are slow and if it was French battleships they are fast and have speed boost also.

Members
1,120 posts
95 battles
6 minutes ago, Solitary_Stalker said:

if it was French battleships they are fast and have speed boost also.

It was a T4 game, so there wouldn't be any French BBs that are fast. Fast ones start from T8.

21 minutes ago, CaptainJJay said:

This is the only time this has happened to me that I noticed .. so I have checked and can't find a battleship with near 40 knot speeds, anyone know if this happens on rare occasions or did I actually have a stroke?

There are several possible factors in play. First of all you said that you were doing evasive maneuvers that will cause your speed to drop by a significant margin. IJN DDs are long and narrow, this allows them to be reasonably fast but such ships lose speed very quickly in the turn. 

There are a couple BBs in your MM spread that have speed to not lag behind you too much - Myogi, Kongo and Giulio Cesare, all of which can do about 30 kn in the straight line. 

You were in Isokaze, which can do 34 kn when fully upgraded without speed boost and 36.7 kn with boost active. This means that in one hour you would should gain about 12 km on Kongo or about 1.2 km in 6 minutes which is what you said the chase lasted. Seems about right. 

Of course if it wasn't one of the three I mentioned, then I'm not sure what was happening.

[TCNNA]
Members
452 posts
13,108 battles

Most funny is not bot speed. Is super aim , hitting DD manouvering 20 km away. Fortunately they are dumb😆