Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
wjp120

I'd like to opt out of single-human co-op battles.

29 comments in this topic

Members
88 posts
4,951 battles

Since 8.0 launched, I've gotten into several co-op battles in which I was the only human on my team. Most of them have been at T9 and T10.

The odd thing is that they weren't 5 minute waits, the queue put me into them right away. 

I'd like to opt out of being put in these. At least I'd like to never be put into one of these if the system hasn't spent 5 minutes trying to find me a team.

Members
88 posts
4,951 battles
1 minute ago, Outter said:

You can. Quit. It's an auto-draw.

There's no penalty for that?

[S0L0]
Members
8 posts
2,462 battles

Not thatI'm aware of. I've done it as the last human player, I'd assume it's the same as the ONLY human player.

Are the bots going to report you?

• Funny 1

Members
88 posts
4,951 battles

Does it kick that ship back to port right away then? This concept is totally new to me. I've never heard of doing what you're suggesting in this sort of circumstance.

Members
927 posts
2,399 battles

Yeah you get your ship back right away. As for doing so when still alive being penalty free you would have to ask a coop main to be sure.

[PQUOD]
Members
1,032 posts
7,618 battles
15 minutes ago, Outter said:

Does it not turn you pink for three games?

[ICOP]
Members
145 posts
7,338 battles

Interesting.  I like being the only human.  Hang back and let the bots take the heat while you snipe and rack up huge damage points.  Lots of times you actually still win the battles provided you have decent bots on your team.  XD

Edited by Joe_918145
typo

[S0L0]
Members
8 posts
2,462 battles

Maybe you do have to be killed first. Thinking about it, I guess every time I've quit out and gotten a draw, I was already sunk.  I'd assumed that as soon as there are no humans left in the gamespace, the instance ends as a draw.

Maybe I'm giving you bad advice.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
648 posts
14,090 battles
49 minutes ago, wjp120 said:

The odd thing is that they weren't 5 minute waits, the queue put me into them right away. 

That's because maximum wait for co-op is 30 seconds.

If you want to reduce the risk of having too many bots on your team, hit Esc if your queue goes longer than 25s.

Not guaranteed to save you though, you can still get dumped in with a single other player who let their que timer reach the limit.

Edited by grumpymunky
  • Cool 1

[S0L0]
Members
8 posts
2,462 battles
18 minutes ago, Joe_918145 said:

Interesting.  I like being the only human.  Hang back and let the bots take the heat while you snipe and rack up huge damage points.  Lots of times you actually still win the battles provided you have decent bots on your team.  XD

Heh, I'm not that patient. BB brawler by instinct: gotta be in the middle of the firestorm and fighting to survive. That's why I play a lot of coop.

Edited by Outter

[RLGN]
Members
9,377 posts
18,757 battles
57 minutes ago, wjp120 said:

Does it kick that ship back to port right away then? This concept is totally new to me. I've never heard of doing what you're suggesting in this sort of circumstance.

53 minutes ago, Krupp_Sabot said:

Yeah you get your ship back right away. As for doing so when still alive being penalty free you would have to ask a coop main to be sure.

I think you have to be dead to quit and get a draw.

41 minutes ago, Joe_918145 said:

Same here.

Especially loved it as Bogue, and other carriers; but of course after the dumpster fire that fun is all gone now..

Doesn’t matter I’m slowly learning to use them, it’s just not the same.

[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
4,473 posts
14,389 battles

@wjp120 the wait time for co op is 30 seconds not 5 minutes and the penalty for bailing before you are sank is the same and no you do not get your ship back until the battle ends.

[INTEL]
Members
9,241 posts
26,899 battles

We have been asking the devs not to let the MM form teams with just one human. So far, deaf ears, and no explanation of why that is good.

But hey, we got really really great emblems....

[2347]
Members
265 posts
5,779 battles

If you are the last ship afloat on your team, you can exit the battle and get a draw. It makes no difference how many humans or not your team started with. You'll go straight back to port with your ship, since it was the last one standing, and the penalty is that a draw is recorded statistically as a loss. So you get the draw, but your win rate will take a hit. You will not turn pink. I haven't bothered to look at rewards to see if there's any noticable difference between a loss and a draw, but it's co-op, so we're not here for credits or XP usually. Hope that helps.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
6,518 posts
19,344 battles

Actually the second the only human player quits a match, it becomes a draw. I have done this as soon as the match starts (changed my mind) without one shot being fired and it takes you straight back to port as a draw. You lose any signals or premium consumables you had mounted though so it isn't recommended.

It is easy to NOT be the only human in a coop match. Just don't sit in queue for 30 seconds. Just keep dropping out of queue after around 15 or 20 seconds and go back in until there is a decent amount of human players. IMHO a coop  match is easily doable with 4 human players. In the before times back in the olden days, I would take a carrier and intentionally be the only human on a team of bots. It was great fun and a nice challenge. Keeping the friendly but stupid bots alive can be a real chore.. I think they are programmed to want to die....

BTW in a draw where you fought and got damage, you earn the xp and credits as if it were a loss Starbuck.

To the OP, remember that the queue time for a match in co-op is only 30 seconds, not 5 minutes like PvP... That is what is happening to you.

Edited by Taylor3006

[2347]
Members
265 posts
5,779 battles

Yeah, thanks for clarifying, Taylor3006. My first sentence should have read, "If you are the last human ship afloat on your team..."

Anyway, I usually don't mind being the only human when it (rarely) happens, because it does make for a real challenge trying to carry my bot friends. Why do I always seem to get the potatoes on my team?

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,985 posts
4,714 battles
2 hours ago, _Starbuck said:

Yeah, thanks for clarifying, Taylor3006. My first sentence should have read, "If you are the last human ship afloat on your team..."

Anyway, I usually don't mind being the only human when it (rarely) happens, because it does make for a real challenge trying to carry my bot friends. Why do I always seem to get the potatoes on my team?

It's if you're the last human player observing the game whether you're sunk or not as long as there is at least one human player still in the match observing, it won't become an automatic draw despite having only bots left afloat. Once that last human player leaves then the game goes into instant draw.

[A_51]
Members
653 posts
6 hours ago, Outter said:

Except draws count as losses for statistical purposes, if that matters to you.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
933 posts
4,397 battles
3 hours ago, _Starbuck said:

I think that they are the only bot vegetable on the menu for the "hooman" team.  :Smile_sceptic:

[_-_]
Members
1,571 posts
4 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

Actually the second the only human player quits a match, it becomes a draw. I have done this as soon as the match starts (changed my mind) without one shot being fired and it takes you straight back to port as a draw. You lose any signals or premium consumables you had mounted though so it isn't recommended.

It is easy to NOT be the only human in a coop match. Just don't sit in queue for 30 seconds. Just keep dropping out of queue after around 15 or 20 seconds and go back in until there is a decent amount of human players. IMHO a coop  match is easily doable with 4 human players. In the before times back in the olden days, I would take a carrier and intentionally be the only human on a team of bots. It was great fun and a nice challenge. Keeping the friendly but stupid bots alive can be a real chore.. I think they are programmed to want to die....

BTW in a draw where you fought and got damage, you earn the xp and credits as if it were a loss Starbuck.

To the OP, remember that the queue time for a match in co-op is only 30 seconds, not 5 minutes like PvP... That is what is happening to you.

Good explanation of the draw feature, my good man.

It is always a good idea to shepherd the green bots at battle start. Let them spot, draw fire, trigger smoke & DCP use in the reds, and absorb the first torp salvoes. The little green toasters are stupid, but faithful.

Edited by So_lt_Goes

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
6,518 posts
19,344 battles
6 minutes ago, So_lt_Goes said:

It is always a good idea to shepherd the green bots at battle start. Let them spot, draw fire, trigger smoke & DCP use in the reds, and absorb the first torp salvoes. The little green toasters are stupid, but faithful.

Absolutely this, it is a good idea to let them get ahead of you. Remember the friendly bots are headed right towards the enemy bots, usually the enemy bot DDs. You don't want to be near the friendly bots when they start launching torps, they don't care if they turn pink....

[T-RIP]
[T-RIP]
Members
1,459 posts
8,988 battles
7 hours ago, wjp120 said:

Since 8.0 launched, I've gotten into several co-op battles in which I was the only human on my team. Most of them have been at T9 and T10.

Some of my best games have come from being the only human player. :Smile_izmena:

5 hours ago, Taichunger said:

But hey, we got really really great emblems....

lol

7 hours ago, Joe_918145 said:

As crazy as it seems, the bots often out score humans, I have been in matches where the top spot was one of our beloved toasters :Smile_amazed:

[_-_]
Members
1,571 posts
Just now, Taylor3006 said:

You don't want to be near the friendly bots when they start launching torps, they don't care if they turn pink....

At least they (mostly) fixed the around-the-world LOS torp aiming bug that had them firing 180 degrees opposite the target bearing.

Sign in to follow this