Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SoftAndCute

Good bye Hakuryu

31 comments in this topic

[LEGIT]
Beta Testers
324 posts
16,918 battles

Good bye Hakuryu, thx for making potatoes like me a God in 0.8.0

giphy.gif

Edited by SoftAndCute
  • Cool 5
  • Funny 4
  • Bad 2

[ERN]
[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,385 posts
4,550 battles

and driving away countless players that you sunk with your OP cv so you can feel good.

• Cool 4
  • Bad 3

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,107 posts
4,337 battles

Can't wait for tomorrow, I'll be able to take out the Tairyu again without feeling like a dirty seal clubber.

[KNMSU]
Members
4,670 posts
5,097 battles

good-riddance.jpg

I mean, seriously: Hak has become emblematic of everything that's wrong with 8.0. She is - LITERALLY - killing tier 8-10 play. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,817 posts
10,505 battles

And stealth torps....

TorpDamage.jpg

[-GS-]
Beta Testers
2,280 posts
19,850 battles

The planes of those other tier CVs are all a bit weak as far as causing damage . Devs  need to increase the damage out- put of those planes.

[-GDP-]
2,552 posts
1,049 battles

Not going to happen, the USN CVs were fine but the IJN CVs were weak in the PTS. But what they did was nerf the USN CVs to IJN CVs level instead of buffing IJN CVs. 

[SFOR]
Members
932 posts
6,592 battles
6 minutes ago, alex08060 said:

Not going to happen, the USN CVs were fine but the IJN CVs were weak in the PTS. But what they did was nerf the USN CVs to IJN CVs level instead of buffing IJN CVs. 

From what i see until now at lower tiers the japanese carriers are good and the americans very weak.

[-GDP-]
2,552 posts
1,049 battles

The Americans one was better even at tier 4 so they nerf it pretty good. 

[1NJS]
Members
365 posts
2,154 battles

Good riddance. 

That CV ruined T10 for me cause of all the exploiters spamming torps at me and can't defend myself either.

Thats why i was only playing ranked and am having tons of fun in ranked this season.

Would love to get back to the T10 and have fun again.

[WORX]
Members
2,552 posts
13,870 battles

Hakuryu was the reason why the CV rework was made... You had people changing to CVs. Now, well CVs can;t dev strike. Floods are tweaked to benefit BBs, the mistake of 3 yrs ago of nerfing to the ground every torp and torp ships is alive and well.

I dont believe the already passive meta at tier 10 will change anytime soon. One thing for sure, BBs are the only ship class with "alpha  strike" in the tier. Now that ability has no balance.

My overall opinion is, Dont change a function/mechanic if WOWS continues to the same mistakes of the past 3 yrs.

Unfortunate...

• Bad 2

[-TIC-]
Members
383 posts
2,379 battles

And yet despite the Haku's OBVIOUS OP'ness, certain people on this forum would angrily claim that everything was fine and people should "just adapt"...

Edited by Tentakkel
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[MEOW]
[MEOW]
Beta Testers
186 posts
4,219 battles

I earned 30M credits with Hakuryu in a week, had fun, time to move on to next ships 

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
2,107 posts
4,337 battles
22 minutes ago, Tentakkel said:

And yet despite the Haku's OBVIOUS OP'ness, certain people on this forum would angrily claim that everything was fine and people should "just adapt"...

Who said that? Whoever they are, they need a good stealth-torping. "Flying Shima is balans" my [edited]...

[-TIC-]
Members
383 posts
2,379 battles
Just now, Landsraad said:

Who said that? Whoever they are, they need a good stealth-torping. "Flying Shima is balans" my [edited]...

Several people said that. It was argued that "if you get hit by Haku torps, you're being stupid, sailing in straight lines and not using WASD hacks". Some people will defend their CVs no matter how crazy it gets.

[WLDD]
Beta Testers
483 posts
5,442 battles
1 hour ago, Tentakkel said:

The only thing they needed to do to fix the Hakuryu was remove the Type 91 Mod 8 torps, and leave the Mod 7.  What was breaking the Hakuryu was being able to drop the first set of torps from outside detection range, and the last set after just getting inside the AA range.  This was letting the Hakuryu avoid most of the AA, while putting a spread on highly stealthy torps in the water that players couldn't avoid very well.

Instead, Wargaming is going completely overboard with this "hotfix" and only making the lower tiered CV problems even worse in an effort to try and balance one single top tier ship.

[_-_]
Members
1,572 posts

True.

"Adapt" has become Orwellian Newspeak for "BOHICA".

• Cool 1

[CHMC]
[CHMC]
Members
334 posts
8,378 battles

improvise-adapt-overcome-34515071.png

Just kidding good riddance Haku

[CVRME]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,458 posts
5,606 battles
6 hours ago, Battleship_AndreaDoria said:

good-riddance.jpg

Amen.

[SPCU]
Members
554 posts
4,697 battles
35 minutes ago, Troa_Barton said:

improvise-adapt-overcome-34515071.png

Just kidding good riddance Haku

Id be more than willing to adapt and overcome the haku... but it has zero counters... not even another haku... lol. Even lemming aa deathballs could barely slow them down...

Edited by Xanshin
  • Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
546 posts
1,556 battles
3 hours ago, Primace said:

I earned 30M credits with Hakuryu in a week, had fun, time to move on to next ships 

You must feel so good about yourself using a clearly broken mechanic for your Beneift. 

[WOLFC]
Members
546 posts
1,556 battles
2 hours ago, Tentakkel said:

Several people said that. It was argued that "if you get hit by Haku torps, you're being stupid, sailing in straight lines and not using WASD hacks". Some people will defend their CVs no matter how crazy it gets.

And while they are doing WASD hacks they are opening their broadsides to enemy fire. God I hate CV players who defend that crap.

[WLDD]
Beta Testers
483 posts
5,442 battles
4 minutes ago, Legio_X_ said:

And while they are doing WASD hacks they are opening their broadsides to enemy fire. God I hate CV players who defend that crap.

What was your opinion of the old CVs that were able to alpha strike any single ship they wanted for a near-guaranteed kill?  Would you prefer to have those back instead of the reworked CVs?

[WOLFC]
Members
546 posts
1,556 battles
Just now, Deno said:

What was your opinion of the old CVs that were able to alpha strike any single ship they wanted for a near-guaranteed kill?  Would you prefer to have those back instead of the reworked CVs?

I usually got alpha strikes because of stupid mistakes. Here, CVs are like a nagging hemroid that will just not go away. Now they will keep crapping out planes left and right like they are running a Ford model T assembly line until you die. With attacks coming every 10-20 seconds it seems.

atleast in the old version if you had a good AA ship you will make them pay for their attacks.

Sign in to follow this