Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Capt_Ahab1776

Alaska vs T10 CV's

8 comments in this topic

[PQUOD]
Members
1,033 posts
7,628 battles

So the release of the Alaska drawing closer. It will fit nicely into the T8-T10 food of the gods T10 CV feeding grounds. Might put a damper on the thrill of having one in the near future? I know flying under radar of the ever present "I love 8.0 CV rework", "I hate 8.0 CV rework", "DD's are getting screwed", "AA needs a nerf", "AA needs a buff", "F key this!" "I'm quitting" threads, Every once in awhile peeps are talking about saving their free XP and getting ready.

Thoughts?

*Won't affect me because I am a free xp spendaholic and can't keep free xp lol.*

Members
2,052 posts
8,009 battles
1 minute ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

So the release of the Alaska drawing closer. It will fit nicely into the T8-T10 food of the gods T10 CV feeding grounds. Might put a damper on the thrill of having one in the near future? I know flying under radar of the ever present "I love 8.0 CV rework", "I hate 8.0 CV rework", "DD's are getting screwed", "AA needs a nerf", "AA needs a buff", "F key this!" "I'm quitting" threads, Every once in awhile peeps are talking about saving their free XP and getting ready.

Thoughts?

*Won't affect me because I am a free xp spendaholic and can't keep free xp lol.*

I believe this is an opportunity for WG to sell Alaska with “best AA in game” gimmick.

[S-N-D]
Members
2,048 posts
6,102 battles
1 minute ago, Ramsalot said:

I believe this is an opportunity for WG to sell Alaska with “best AA in game” gimmick.

I would think twice before buying into that. If the AA goes back to how it was you won't have any CV players to use it against.

[WOLF6]
Members
761 posts
6,798 battles

It’s a free tier IX premium that works well enough with my Cleveland, Baltimore, and Iowa captains.  It won’t lose credits in CoOp and if it’s playable all the better.

[WOLFB]
Members
747 posts
24,325 battles
50 minutes ago, _Caliph_ said:

I would think twice before buying into that. If the AA goes back to how it was you won't have any CV players to use it against.

One can hope!

[LUCK]
Members
1,616 posts
21,616 battles
56 minutes ago, _Caliph_ said:

I don't see a problem there.

• Cool 1

[S-N-D]
Members
2,048 posts
6,102 battles
9 minutes ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

I don't see a problem there.

You will as the game further declines in population and they have nothing to use in ads but the same tic tac toe gameplay they have had. Meanwhile the competition is building a bigger better wargame. Tanks is dead. Warplanes died at birth. You think Warships is safe? I've been a real supporter of this game not a free player. I can tell you I have every reason to hype the game to protect what I have spent and flat out the gameplay is stagnant. I would have never returned to the game if the CV rework hadn't been on the horizon and it's shaping up to be nothing but a CV nerf. When I log in tomorrow and play my CV if the AA is back to the pre rework efficiency I'll be selling off Saipan and IJN CV lines for the 800k FXP and 14500 doubloons. That leaves me with three classes to play with, one of the three being so dumbed down as to make the other two stupid to bother with. It's true that you can do damage with CAs and DDs but you can do more with the BB while having none of their weaknesses. Each game is the same thing. Wittle down the BBs. Boring.

Edited by _Caliph_
  • Bad 1

Sign in to follow this