Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
beliy_demon

CA is best class for ranked this season.

10 comments in this topic

[JEDI-]
Beta Testers
470 posts
7,060 battles

You may ask... why???

The reason is bloody simple! There are so few of them.

As a DD or BB, you have little impact on game since there are so many other BBs and DDs.  As a CA you only have to be better than the other CA, thus improving odds of winning!

Prove me wrong :P

• Boring 3

[WOLFB]
Members
2,100 posts
9,546 battles
5 minutes ago, beliy_demon said:

As a DD or BB, you have little impact on game since there are so many other BBs and DDs. 

That statement is so wrong regarding DD.

DD caps buff and without them there are no "safe" buff. CA are prob second best ship to play for ranked. If there are so many DD in ranked it's because there's a reason (outside of the no CV aspect)

[RLGN]
Members
9,458 posts
18,874 battles

Fletch...

Win, loss, win, win, win...

...and the first win was naked with no signals because derped and hit ‘Battle’ instead of ‘exterior.’

Destroyers seem fine.

Even zapped a Black that thought it would be cute to turtle up in smoke.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[HGE]
Members
27 posts
3,525 battles
28 minutes ago, beliy_demon said:

You may ask... why???

As a DD or BB, you have little impact on game since there are so many other BBs and DDs.  As a CA you only have to be better than the other CA, thus improving odds of winning!

Is ranked a good place to grind Seattle?

less ships more room to hide.  I played 2 games w Seattle and won.  Didn’t do much damage. More like being a bait to distract BB and Buffaloes.  

Members
1,120 posts
95 battles
29 minutes ago, beliy_demon said:

ORLY? What about all the Kronstadts in most games I played? There's lots of CAs from what I'd seen so far.

32 minutes ago, beliy_demon said:

But simply put there would be no 'arms race' without DDs. Yes, BBs and CAs would get few buffs near and around the spawn, but no one in their right mind would push into the middle where all the juicy stuff pops up. So when you are sitting there in whatever CA you're playing and enjoying under 10 km concealment, 20% faster reload and consumables recharge and healing 0.2% of your HP per second, it's most certainly not you or BBs who are to thank for all those goodies, it's DDs who are running around under constant threat of radar and ganks of Kitakazes and snatch tasty buffs for the team.

And in the last 3 games I played in Fletcher I got High Caliber in all three so not only DDs can buff the entire team, they can deal huge amounts of damage and thanks to heals they can last for a good long time if only they are careful enough.

[EQRN]
Members
658 posts
10,101 battles
1 hour ago, PyroWaves said:

Is ranked a good place to grind Seattle?

less ships more room to hide.  I played 2 games w Seattle and won.  Didn’t do much damage. More like being a bait to distract BB and Buffaloes.  

I'm grinding Seattle and DDon, and they do ok.  Not really carrying, but I've gotten a few high calibers.  6 players per side allow some decent flanking and DD hunting.  Mount speed flag, running down the flanks to abuse BBs busy duking it out with each other or pushing smoke screens, every knot helps.

[56TH]
Members
282 posts

I played my first ranked battle tonight...

it was that rush mode crap.

guess the season is over for me.

Members
114 posts
9,097 battles

You think you would be doing great in a cruiser, and then a Musashi or a Jean Bart deletes you in 2 salvos and now your team just lost its radar support. 

[-BRS-]
Beta Testers
123 posts
12,918 battles

I hit R5 earlier today. Have used all classes but finally settled on Jean Bart and Black. Cruisers are targets flat and simple. 

Sign in to follow this