You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheFated1

Simple poll about the game and the recent patch

How FUN is the game now?  

65 members have voted

This poll is closed for new votes
  1. 1. After Patch 0.8, the game is

• Significantly more fun for me
    • More fun for me
    • About the same amount of fun
    • Less fun for me
    • Significantly less fun for me

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/08/2019 at 06:29 AM

10 comments in this topic

Members
1 post
1,935 battles

Please post if you find the game more or less fun after the recent patch.  Fun is the core measure of a game, and of any changes to it.  Fairness, historical accuracy, balance, all of these things ultimately exist to create fun.  Are you having more fun or less fun?  Developers, hopefully this simple poll can give you an interesting and honest insight that goes beyond subscriber numbers, active players, complaint threads, ship stats and all the other data that are easy for you to see.  Fun isn't a metric you can measure with win percent and average damage per battle.  May this help guide your future choices in development of WoWS.

[CTF80]
[CTF80]
Members
4,291 posts
11,423 battles

The Hotfix is supposed to cure all ailments.  Soon all will be well.

• Funny 1

[WOLF9]
Members
7,586 posts
3,228 battles

Fewer DDs lurking.

I must say, though, that the forum has taken a downward slide with all the whining.

• Boring 1

[CMFRT]
Modder, In AlfaTesters
752 posts
1,918 battles

Havent had any desire to play since WG released a rushed and broken update live. Probably wont play until Alaska comes out.

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
1,160 posts
8,217 battles

I picked more fun.   For my surface ships, it's business as usual.  The extra fun comes from grinding up the CVs (still at T4).   

For full disclosure, RNGesus has blessed me this week, and I haven't seen a T10 CV.    But I've seen plenty of T6 and T8 CVs.     Pre-load the AA sector, and sail the map.

Other than the T10 CVs, I haven't seen much impact by the other tiers.   A little pesky yes, but when they hit, it's a mosquito bite.    Keep calm and FIRE EVERYTHING!!!!

[WORX]
Members
2,552 posts
13,870 battles

The game is fun, the complaining/whining (me included) in the forums (for and against 0.8.0 and the hot fix 0.8.0.1), the salt flow haven't yet  ended.

• Boring 1

[STAR]
Members
2,954 posts
8,064 battles

Significantly less fun for me. Many of the ships that i like to play are weak now. The meta is just too passive. Agressive plays are really hard, and often impossible to pull of.

The game that i had more fun this last week was the only game that i had without CVs. CVs just ruin the fun of the game IMO.

If this meta is here to stay WoWs is going from my most played game to one of the least played games for me. 

[NOBS]
Members
1,014 posts
7,502 battles

I was enjoying the change till today, now every battle has 2 cv, and those cv's are doing +50% of the total damage in the battle. First time since I started playing WoWS that I just logged off and stopped playing when I had hours to play. Hoping the Hotfix in the morning improves thing dramatically.   

[SS238]
[SS238]
Members
170 posts
23,961 battles

Since I play mainly Co-Op, the horrendous problems with T10 cv's has not affected me. The change I see in Co-Op is the change to spotting ranges for aircraft. The new spotting and detection range these aircraft bring has changed the entire "feel" of the game. If there is a carrier on our side, the entire red team is displayed within 1 to 1-1/2 minutes of the game starting. From there on the red side is pretty well spotted throughout the game, making it a long range shoot fest, with little drama or excitement.

With no carrier, the Red team seems to launch spotters and fighters immediately when spawned. These aircraft are not only spotted much sooner than before the patch, but now we know the ship that launched them. Again, this displays the Red team disposition much sooner than before the patch.

None of this bodes well for clan wars, where figuring out what the Red team is planning, and how their ships are being positioned is the most important part of the game. The current spotting rules for aircraft are going to change the entire way clan wars are fought, and not for the better.

• Cool 1