You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CaptainTeddybear

F key hotfix

53 comments in this topic

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
5,595 posts
17,304 battles
6 hours ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

I don't even have to see this in action to know it is completely inadequate. 

Unless you know the time WG has chosen for A/C to reach altitude, how can you conclude the action is going to be inadequate?    

[B_Y_F]
Members
497 posts
11,893 battles
6 hours ago, Skyfaller said:

That being said, dive bombers need to have their speed boosted for X seconds after their dive attack so they can get away in equivalent time that fighters/torp bombers can...no other plane essentially hovers over a target for 6 or so seconds

In my expierence, all squad need a boost out to be just able to drop a Second time without lost all planes if you are up two tires(expect dds)......I guess it's just me potatoing.......

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,308 posts
11 hours ago, Skyfaller said:

No, they just need to make the F key not be able to be used if your planes are under AA or Fighter attack. Its that simple. 

It was being abused precisely because people were hitting it when the planes were getting shot at after the attack run. 

That being said, dive bombers need to have their speed boosted for X seconds after their dive attack so they can get away in equivalent time that fighters/torp bombers can...no other plane essentially hovers over a target for 6 or so seconds. 

On this subject, a question... when an attack is occurring, where is the rest of the flight? Over the target and flying in a straight line? I dunno cause I've only played carriers since the rework. 

If they do continue overhead, in a straight line, are they susceptible to AA(A) while flying their straight trajectory over the reds? Because "normally" when your initial attack is over, that is the moment your planes will get melted as a group. 

There's a lot they can do for plane control, specifically give us manual control (if we wish) for attitude, altitude and speed. They might want to also look at the targeting process... often when I'm circling back for another drop on target, I'll trigger the target process in advance to lining up on said target. This triggers "something" which slows and nearly blocks the turning ability of the aircraft. It ought not work that way. 

The first click should be thought of as flipping on the arming switch for the ordnance. Mentally, if you don't drop it you lose it as it would be released anyhow but not over a target. 

I personally wish there was a way to still do cross drops - I so miss that...