You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
GX9900A

Enterprise plane model/names

6 comments in this topic

[WAG]
Beta Testers
697 posts
5,722 battles

so a minor gripe, but why does the enterprise say it has F4U1D Corsairs, when the aircraft on deck are F4F wildcats? the corsairs are modeled in game (they are on midway), so is this an error, or is their a variation of the corsair that doesn't have gull wings that i dont know about?

• Cool 1

[HATE]
[HATE]
Members
108 posts
10,723 battles

I’ve seen it too. It’s annoying me. WG has changed many things and not updated the wiki of description of multiple vehicles I’m their games. From this to the AA on the Alabama, to the 13 90 in world of tanks having HEAT ammunition. They change so much and don’t update some things that fall through the cracks... it’s too bad that it takes months if at all to fix it.

[KRAK]
Members
936 posts
11,406 battles

The carrier airplane models are messed up. I don't know who researches them for WG, but an F4U is the only plane with inverted 'gull' wings for prop clearance. The F4F, 46F, and F8F had rather straight wings, and taller landing gear struts. There is a plane flying around with inverted Vought Corsair wings with a vertical stabilizer like a Grumman aircraft (wildcat, hellcat, bearcat).

BTW, when I launch fighters of my US cruiser now, I get 3 of them at a time. Helena comes to mind, and German BB Bismarck of all things, and these are not the correct planes either. Helena and Cleveland class had spotters and would not dream of sending up a spotter to take on a zero or other. Helena did not launch fighters. That would have been a carrier mission.

Are these ship based fighters for balance, and if so, for the lack of what else, so that ship based fighters are required to restore equilibrium ?

Members
1,109 posts
On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 9:10 AM, SeaKnight_1990 said:

And also, Enterprise IRL didn't operate Corsairs.

true, but there are plenty of images of F4U operating from the decks of Enterprise, as it was standard practice for land based F4U flying top-cover to rearm and refuel on the carriers of the fleet they were providing top-cover for, which is why many of the land based ones had their tail hooks refitted even though they were going to continue operating from land, as it permitted much longer sortie times.

[G0ATS]
[G0ATS]
Members
1,149 posts
6,896 battles

You know whats sad, this game still doesn't have glass rendering for the crockpits or additive shadows. Like, shadows upon shadows... It'd make the game look tons better with additive shadows alone.