Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
alejandro_667_6

Spotting Broken

3 comments in this topic

[GUSTO]
Members
1 post
2,809 battles

Since the update, spotting has been broken (they say fixed but...). Ships should only be spotted for 20 sec at max gun range when another ship is within sight upon firing (as it used to be). That much more accurately represents the muzzle flash, which is what would allow spotting at max range. Otherwise, I go behind island or through smoke, come out the other side (after being where nobody can spot me) and am immediately spotted back at max range despite not firing. 

Changing that single setting has ruined the strategic/stealth method of playing and takes the game further from any semblance of reality.

• Cool 1

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,362 posts
10,030 battles

Its actually a new improved spotting mechanic.... everyone is spotted all the time... makes coding the game immensely easier for WG.  I mean it was hard for them...they said radar could not be line of sight spotting so and it had to go through islands, same with hydro...too hard to code, weird thing is you could spot through islands with normal vision, that was coded in but again, I am NO computer programmer, but I see the wisdom of perpetual spotting...so easy, so................

Sign in to follow this