You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
fbrrhd

I read on reddit that Sub_octavian had quit

63 comments in this topic

[WOLFB]
Members
749 posts
24,463 battles

I don't know if this is true or not, But that is what is posted on REDDIT.

[SEOP]
Members
1,474 posts
8,233 battles

Everyone knows he was a really big fan of the Giulio Cesare.  I'd speculate that he quit WG when he found out they were up tiering his fav prem.  

[SEOP]
Members
1,474 posts
8,233 battles
5 minutes ago, Legio_X_ said:

Who?

Long time WG guy.  Pretty well respected by the WoWs community.  

[KNMSU]
Members
4,726 posts
5,104 battles
Just now, Dr_Dirt said:

Everyone knows he was a really big fan of the Giulio Cesare.  I'd speculate that he quit WG when he found out they were up tiering his fav prem.  

Isn't he the development lead? Isn't he the "they"...?

Who would be making this decision aside from him?

Again, I'm pretty confident that he didn't quit. Though it's possible that someone in a position of authority forced him to go back on his word, and THAT prompted him to leave. I know I'd quit under those circumstances. A man's word is his bond.

[PVE]
Members
7,252 posts
12,516 battles
Just now, Octavian_of_Roma said:

https://old.reddit.com/r/WorldOfWarships/comments/anryi4/a_letter_to_this_community/

Read it earlier today, didnt really gather enough info to comment/confirm on it.

I just found that one finally before you posted the link was going to post it.

Not sure it means he quit WG. Sounds more like he has quit posting on reddit maybe.

• Cool 1

[SOV]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,682 posts
6,777 battles

Based on what I read, it seemed like he was done posting on reddit because of; the demands of his job - particularly right now, and the toxic attitude he encountered on reddit.

I could be wrong though. 

[KNMSU]
Members
4,726 posts
5,104 battles

If he did quit - big if - it would support my theory that there is chaos at the Wargaming HQ following some new figure taking over and attempting to leave his or her mark on the product. That would explain long-time policies being abandoned, 8.0 being rushed into live, etc.

• Cool 1

[KNMSU]
Members
4,726 posts
5,104 battles
Just now, Brohk said:

Based on what I read, it seemed like he was done posting on reddit because of; the demands of his job - particularly right now, and the toxic attitude he encountered on reddit.

I could be wrong though. 

Lol, well then I have no sympathy. I mean, goodness gracious - making bad decisions and having to answer for them? Who ARE these people with their demands of accountability? PSHH!

source.gif

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 4

[SEOP]
Members
1,474 posts
8,233 battles
2 minutes ago, Battleship_AndreaDoria said:

Isn't he the development lead? Isn't he the "they"...?

Who would be making this decision aside from him?

Again, I'm pretty confident that he didn't quit. Though it's possible that someone in a position of authority forced him to go back on his word, and THAT prompted him to leave. I know I'd quit under those circumstances. A man's word is his bond.

Dunno if the buck stopped with him.  I knew he was\is a big cheese in WG.  

[SPTR]
Members
2,314 posts
2,295 battles
1 minute ago, Battleship_AndreaDoria said:

If he did quit - big if - it would support my theory that there is chaos at the Wargaming HQ following some new figure taking over and attempting to leave his or her mark on the product. That would explain long-time policies being abandoned, 8.0 being rushed into live, etc.

based on all the chaos that has been happening i think that is the most viable theory we have

[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
Beta Testers
30 posts
3,378 battles

Sub quit Reddit because the WoWS redditors were shouting at him and laying the blame for the wildly unpopular GC nerf at his feet. He has not quit WG. 

• Cool 1

[NSF]
Beta Testers
5,151 posts

Pretty sure he just quit Reddit, because the people there are somehow even more toxic than the majority here. I've had plenty of good interactions with him over the years, specifically in regards to solving historical bugs in armor, etc. Sad to see he's taking so much vitriol over a decision that was most likely not his. Hope he takes a break and has time to chill for a while.

• Cool 2

[SPTR]
Members
2,314 posts
2,295 battles
1 minute ago, AoSApocalypse said:

Sub quit Reddit because the WoWS redditors were shouting at him and laying the blame for the wildly unpopular GC nerf at his feet. He has not quit WG. 

so it was the hostile attitude from the redditt dwelling WoWs players

[WOLF2]
Members
1,174 posts
8,273 battles
Just now, AoSApocalypse said:

Yeah that's what I read.    And I guess disagreeing with WG makes you a "troll".

I don't think the reddit poster knows what that word means.   

[SOV]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,682 posts
6,777 battles
5 minutes ago, Battleship_AndreaDoria said:

Eh, I think reddit was only a voluntary thing and his reaction, while cringey, is also a little understandable. Probably not a professional way to handle it, however.

[SPTR]
Members
2,314 posts
2,295 battles

hard to believe that redditt dwelling WoWs players could be more toxic than some of the forumites here...

Members
1,386 posts
8,764 battles
7 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I just found that one finally before you posted the link was going to post it.

Not sure it means he quit WG. Sounds more like he has quit posting on reddit maybe.

Yah it reads confusingly. Sounds like just reddit, which can be a vicious place. (not everywhere, join cats! or superb owl) but when things go a tiny bit south people get vicious to each other and the moderators. It's a good decision by him. 

[SEOP]
Members
1,474 posts
8,233 battles
1 minute ago, Ace6steel said:

hard to believe that redditt dwelling WoWs players could be more toxic than some of the forumites here...

lol -- have you visited reddit recently.  there's often no filter between thought and the written word.

[PVE]
Members
7,252 posts
12,516 battles

His time on reddit was not paid employment. He did it on his own time. This is not the 1st time he has quit reddit. He has done it before and then after a while came back. 

[KNMSU]
Members
4,726 posts
5,104 battles
4 minutes ago, Ace6steel said:

so it was the hostile attitude from the redditt dwelling WoWs players

Are they not supposed to be hostile? They were lied to. They spent money on a lie. That's enough to make even the calmest of people irate.

Don't want people to get angry at you? Don't take the big job, make public statements when there is hard currency riding on them, and then go back on them later. Part of the position is interacting with people and defending your take on hot issues. You don't scramble for the door when the situation gets heated. 

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2