Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Cruxdei

0.8.0.1 hotfix attack aircraft...a buff?

38 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

862
[POD]
Beta Testers
3,284 posts
4,970 battles

i don't know if i'm reading this right,but did they just buff the attack aircrafts of tier8 cvs? now instead of 2 planes attacking,we now have 3 planes attacking it.

much more rockets to hit and bigger damage. i thought the hotfix was trying to decrease the attack aircraft damage.

Edited by Cruxdei

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,259
Members
20,704 posts
5,599 battles
Just now, Cruxdei said:

i don't know if i'm reading this right,but did they just buff the attack aircrafts of tier8 cvs? now instead of 2 planes attacing,we now have 3 planes attacking it.

much more rockets to hit and bigger damage. i thought the hotfix was trying to decrease the attack aircraft damage.

What was the squadron size before?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
862
[POD]
Beta Testers
3,284 posts
4,970 battles
Just now, Skpstr said:

What was the squadron size before?

if i remember,for lex it was 9 . the number of planes attacking was 2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,259
Members
20,704 posts
5,599 battles
3 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

if i remember,for lex it was 9 . the number of planes attacking was 2.

You sure? I would think it would be a number that divides evenly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,254
[WOLF7]
Members
10,746 posts
2 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

You sure? I would think it would be a number that divides evenly. 

Numbers have never been WG's strong suit....:Smile_hiding:

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
862
[POD]
Beta Testers
3,284 posts
4,970 battles
1 minute ago, awiggin said:

Numbers have never been WG's strong suit....:Smile_hiding:

 

3 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

You sure? I would think it would be a number that divides evenly. 

wait,for lex it's 8. it's more planes now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,259
Members
20,704 posts
5,599 battles
Just now, Cruxdei said:

 

wait,for lex it's 8. it's more planes now.

Lol, that makes no sense then. The only thing being reduced is how long it takes you to dump all your rockets, and you get an extra plane's worth to boot!

I have no idea whatsoever how that will help DDs lol. (other than less time being spotted while the attack planes shoot off all their rockets?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,780
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
17,418 posts
10,140 battles

Three attacks of 3 instead of 4 of 2. Apparently that drops the average damage just enough that they didn't have to screw with the rockets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,259
Members
20,704 posts
5,599 battles
54 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Three attacks of 3 instead of 4 of 2. Apparently that drops the average damage just enough that they didn't have to screw with the rockets.

I dunno how that works though. You're firing 12.5% more rockets lol.

Although, what's Midway's squadron size? Still 8 with attacks of 2?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
157
[ODIN]
Members
654 posts
2,845 battles
1 hour ago, Cruxdei said:

i don't know if i'm reading this right,but did they just buff the attack aircrafts of tier8 cvs? now instead of 2 planes attacking,we now have 3 planes attacking it.

much more rockets to hit and bigger damage. i thought the hotfix was trying to decrease the attack aircraft damage.

There are less planes in the squad. You only get 3 attack runs per squad now, so less time harassing the DD, thus less time inadvertently spotting it.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
145
[WOSV]
Members
435 posts
2,520 battles
1 hour ago, Cruxdei said:

i don't know if i'm reading this right,but did they just buff the attack aircrafts of tier8 cvs? now instead of 2 planes attacking,we now have 3 planes attacking it.

much more rockets to hit and bigger damage. i thought the hotfix was trying to decrease the attack aircraft damage.

Tier VIII CV are doing pretty poorly though, especially with constant uptiering to Tier X. The only CV that are doing "well", stat-wise, are at Tier X. Said hotfix should also nerf Hakuryu, right? Or is that for 0.8.1?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
670
[-GS-]
Beta Testers
2,280 posts
19,850 battles

Planes are too weak 

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
200
[SFOR]
Members
932 posts
6,592 battles
1 minute ago, Frenotx said:

There are less planes in the squad. You only get 3 attack runs per squad now, so less time harassing the DD, thus less time inadvertently spotting it.

More or less this. The problem is one less attack , the quicker your send another squadron from the carrier so yeah....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
166
[SALTY]
Members
339 posts
5,476 battles

US CVs other than the Saipan are garbage compared to their IJN (and soon Brit) counterparts. The small extra plane HP advantage doesn't mean anything if you're spending twice as long in AA due to slow [edited]planes and having to telegraph your attacks from a mile away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
356
[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,356 posts
9,970 battles

Don't you just wish they would delete CVs...so much energy wasted on a ship type that should not be in the game at this scale....

  • Cool 3
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
1,455 posts
7,253 battles
1 minute ago, harikari25 said:

US CVs other than the Saipan are garbage compared to their IJN (and soon Brit) counterparts. The small extra plane HP advantage doesn't mean anything if you're spending twice as long in AA due to slow [edited]planes and having to telegraph your attacks from a mile away.

To be fair, they're making the IJN have to telegraph their attacks now too.   Well, bringing it that way at least.  Probably not all the way up to USN levels.

It looks like they're trying to lower the consistency of the damage.  If I had to guess they'll probably nerf overall damage and buff surviveability in the long run.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,780
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
17,418 posts
10,140 battles
1 minute ago, KURT_WOLFF said:

Planes are too weak 

Along with being too strong at the same time, the old going back to alpha problem of plane scaling, +2 AA is deadly while -2 AA is a joke. The changes to AA actually magnified this

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
166
[SALTY]
Members
339 posts
5,476 battles
5 minutes ago, Kenjister said:

To be fair, they're making the IJN have to telegraph their attacks now too.   Well, bringing it that way at least.  Probably not all the way up to USN levels.

It looks like they're trying to lower the consistency of the damage.  If I had to guess they'll probably nerf overall damage and buff surviveability in the long run.

It's the CV equivalent of having unreliable BB guns. It simply isn't fun. The current IJN mechanic is as it should be, it's the AA values and effectiveness that are completely broken leading to overperforming CVs. You can't dodge with the US torp drops so you end up losing a ton of planes. It's also frustrating as hell to have to hold a line in a game where players actively dodge. That's on top of having torps that are a hell of a lot slower than the IJN.

The 'bread and butter' of the line is supposed to be HE bombers but they aren't effective and the durability advantage doesn't actually exist in practice. With the coming of the brits the US line will be without an identity.

 

Edited by harikari25

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
670
[-GS-]
Beta Testers
2,280 posts
19,850 battles

With their minor patch tomorrow , I'd put money down that the opposite effects will now happen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
157
[ODIN]
Members
654 posts
2,845 battles
11 minutes ago, _no_one_ said:

More or less this. The problem is one less attack , the quicker your send another squadron from the carrier so yeah....

I'd rather have a cv having to fly a new squad out to my position than have a squad that's already there keep pounding on me. Not sure what point you're trying to make.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
1,455 posts
7,253 battles
2 minutes ago, harikari25 said:

It's the CV equivalent of having unreliable BB guns. It simply isn't fun. The current IJN mechanic is as it should be, it's the AA values and effectiveness that are completely broken leading to overperforming CVs. You can't dodge with the US torp drops so you end up losing a ton of planes. It's also frustrating as hell to have to hold a line in a game where players actively dodge. That's on top of having torps that are a hell of a lot slower than the IJN.

The 'bread and butter' of the line is supposed to be HE bombers but they aren't effective and the durability advantage doesn't actually exist in practice. With the coming of the brits the US line will be without an identity.

 

That's also true.  If your planes get wiped before you can even get full accuracy that's no fun either.

For dive bombers though, I think that problem could be addressed by giving them a much stronger HP pool.  Or if you want flavor, make them much stealthier as a throwback to Midway.  It'd be cool to see a 5km detection range, but that'd probably be pretty OP.  And unfun for the surface ships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
200
[SFOR]
Members
932 posts
6,592 battles
6 minutes ago, Frenotx said:

I'd rather have a cv having to fly a new squad out to my position than have a squad that's already there keep pounding on me. Not sure what point you're trying to make.

In theory makes sense but i try to be as close as possible to the front so many times is diificult to say is this better or not for the DD. I know is better for the carrier player in terms of firepower a rocket squadron deals per attack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
157
[ODIN]
Members
654 posts
2,845 battles
6 minutes ago, _no_one_ said:

In theory makes sense but i try to be as close as possible to the front so many times is diificult to say is this better or not for the DD. I know is better for the carrier player in terms of firepower a rocket squadron deals per attack.

How could it possibly be worse that the carrier can only attack you 3 times per squad, instead of 4? People seem to be under the impression that squads just instantly appear where the CV wants them. They don't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
200
[SFOR]
Members
932 posts
6,592 battles
9 minutes ago, Frenotx said:

How could it possibly be worse that the carrier can only attack you 3 times per squad, instead of 4? People seem to be under the impression that squads just instantly appear where the CV wants them. They don't.

You didn't do the maths? Now you get the increase in 50% firepower for each attack run. So you can deal more damage for less time spent. For me as carrier player is great, i don't need to waste precious seconds to make another attack run , and because of this is less likely my planes to get wrecked, the attack runs with rocket squadron will feel more rewarded now and with the time i save i can put another squadron in the air quicker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×