You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
hexeris

Thinking of dumping my CV's

23 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
450 posts
10,051 battles

I was excited for the new patch and getting to play my CV's in randoms. I was never very good at them in the old system so mostly  only used them in co-op where I wasn't such a detriment to the team. With the change to the way they worked and having played them in the tests I thought they would be more interesting.

Now I am just kind of underwhelmed by them. I don't really feel threatened by them at all now, annoyed by them in my DD's but otherwise they're just meh. I have all the US CV's and the T6 IJN one.

I'm happy for those that find them fun and I really wished they were more engaging but I think I'm going to take advantage of the FXP and dump them. Might get the British one's when they come out, just because I like the RN ships.

Anyone else feel like this?

[WOLF2]
Members
1,163 posts
8,240 battles

I'm enjoying CV play, so I'm not going to dump my T4s (as high as I ever got in the old system).

New system is easy for me to play now, and I'm grinding them up from scratch.

They're not overpowered.  They're hardly impactful, although they can provide good team support with spotting and getting reds to turn broadside.

It's a slow-go.   Mediocre damage and slow XP gains.     Even so, I won't be selling mine, and will play them more (even if they're only an annoyance at lower tiers).

The biggest threat will be boredom during the slow grind.    But to each their own - good luck!

Members
94 posts
2,649 battles

I started out in my T6 doing 3k dmg. By the time I moved up to T8, I was doing between 70-120k dmg. It just takes practice in aiming and dodging. I do prefer IJN though, I find the aiming easier for torps.

[A_51]
Members
657 posts

I got rid of all my tech tree CVs for the free experience.  I figured it was a good idea, anyway, to work my way back up the tech tree and learn the new CV play.  Haven't decided yet if I'm going to bother at all with CVs in the future, but from the few games I have played so far I'm leaning toward not.  I certainly won't decide until they are in something resembling their final form.  The one decision I have to make soon is whether to sell back my Kaga.

Members
1,058 posts
13,644 battles

I've already turned them all in for the FXP and credits. I had the USN all the way to Midway and the IJN up to T8. So I'm all set with FXP for the Alaska when it's released.

I've kept the Enterprise but she'll be a port queen for a while until things settle down. I might try the British CVs just because they're new and I've always wanted the GZ if it's ever sold again but I'm through playing CVs other than as a curiosity.

[RTXN]
Beta Testers
883 posts

Probably going to dump all my CV's. 

Went after the US CV line - only to find out that they were removing Essex.  Yes, I was frustrated with the gameplay on the first day - switched to Coop and Operations for the time being but, I can use the FXP for other lines at the moment.

Depending on the fixes implemented over the next few patches, may go down the alt US CV line - prefer Yorktown and Essex better.

To be continued......

Edit - could not fight temptation, sold off all CV's.  Bought Gearing and Lightning.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
17,437 posts
10,147 battles
1 minute ago, jmanII said:

Probably going to dump all my CV's. 

Went after the US CV line - only to find out that they were removing Essex.  Yes, I was frustrated with the gameplay on the first day - switched to Coop and Operations for the time being but, I can use the FXP for other lines at the moment.

Depending on the fixes implemented over the next few patches, may go down the alt US CV line - prefer Yorktown and Essex better.

To be continued......

There will eventually be a second CV line for both the US & Japan which if I remember correctly does have thee Essex.

[SEOP]
Members
1,474 posts
8,233 battles

Thinking of dumping my CV's

this is different for a forum thread topic.  most of us having been yakking about getting dumped on by CVs.  and here you come along saying you wanna dump your CVs.   

Members
20,760 posts
5,604 battles
23 minutes ago, KnifeInUrNeck said:

I do prefer IJN though, I find the aiming easier for torps.

They are making it harder though...

[RTXN]
Beta Testers
883 posts
4 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

There will eventually be a second CV line for both the US & Japan which if I remember correctly does have thee Essex.

Yes, that is why I said alt US CV line - 

The line will be 

Langley - Independence - Yorktown - Essex

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/public-test/carrier-underwood/

[S0L0]
Members
973 posts
5,189 battles

Even if you like the gameplay, I'd recommend dumping them and re-grinding. The experience will make you a better CV player in the new system, and it's like 20 times faster to grind regular XP then to get that amount of Free XP instantly dropped into your account.

Matt

Welcome back, anonymous down vote troll... Do you not like math, now?

Edited by mobryan
  • Bad 1

[PQUOD]
Members
1,047 posts
7,636 battles
55 minutes ago, hexeris said:

I was excited for the new patch and getting to play my CV's in randoms. I was never very good at them in the old system so mostly  only used them in co-op where I wasn't such a detriment to the team. With the change to the way they worked and having played them in the tests I thought they would be more interesting.

Now I am just kind of underwhelmed by them. I don't really feel threatened by them at all now, annoyed by them in my DD's but otherwise they're just meh. I have all the US CV's and the T6 IJN one.

I'm happy for those that find them fun and I really wished they were more engaging but I think I'm going to take advantage of the FXP and dump them. Might get the British one's when they come out, just because I like the RN ships.

Not selling them, but not playing them. Tried and just could not seem to pick it up really. Even in Coop was a detriment to the team. ( Yeah that's pretty bad )

So I am currently 100% focusing on the super nurturing, warm and fuzzy,  friendly, salt free zone of Ranked 

:Smile_Default:

[S0L0]
Members
973 posts
5,189 battles
3 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

So I am currently 100% focusing on the super nurturing, warm and fuzzy,  friendly, salt free zone of Ranked 

:Smile_Default:

I hate admitting it, because I've dumped on Ranked ever since it came out, but it's the only thing keeping me in the game at the moment.

It's a terrible thing when the environment in RANKED, of all things, is lower key and less salty than Randoms...

Matt

• Funny 1

[LHG]
Members
1,887 posts
5,395 battles

Nope, not letting go of mine.  They are a warship and I've decided I want to get good at fighting with warships, which in this game, includes carriers.  

Right now it's really frustrating learning the new CV mechanics, I seem to be able to launch torpedoes at anything that is not an enemy ship, my dive bombing is not much more impressive and while I can hit stuffs with rockets, they do so little damage it's almost not worth the bother. 

That said, I'll eventually get the hang of it so I'm not planning on sending anything to the scrapyard. 

[PQUOD]
Members
1,047 posts
7,636 battles
1 minute ago, mobryan said:

I hate admitting it, because I've dumped on Ranked ever since it came out, but it's the only thing keeping me in the game at the moment.

It's a terrible thing when the environment in RANKED, of all things, is lower key and less salty than Randoms...

Matt

Lol I dunno about lower key and less salty. I probably should have put the sarcasm flag up :Smile_veryhappy:

[PQUOD]
Members
1,047 posts
7,636 battles
17 minutes ago, mobryan said:

Matt

I suggest taking Bob Ross breaks :Smile_honoring:

[-GS-]
Beta Testers
2,287 posts
19,856 battles

Today I played most of my Japanese and American CVs six battles all wins but their Torp , bombs and rockets are too weak as far as I'm concerned. I get a hell of a lot more damage from my surface fleet  

[S0L0]
Members
973 posts
5,189 battles
3 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

Lol I dunno about lower key and less salty. I probably should have put the sarcasm flag up :Smile_veryhappy:

Sadly, I'm not being sarcastic. I think I've played 25-30 Ranked battles since 8.0 dropped, and had exactly one bad experience (salt, rage, profanity, the whole nine yards.) Haven't been able to play a game in Random without someone ranting and raging about one thing or another. Maybe it's just that I shut down for the day before the serious Ranked players show up, I don't know. It's just really weird that I, of all people, have found refuge in Ranked...

Matt

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,272 posts
10,438 battles
1 hour ago, hexeris said:

Way to early do make that call with your head. 

[PQUOD]
Members
1,047 posts
7,636 battles
2 minutes ago, mobryan said:

Sadly, I'm not being sarcastic. I think I've played 25-30 Ranked battles since 8.0 dropped, and had exactly one bad experience (salt, rage, profanity, the whole nine yards.) Haven't been able to play a game in Random without someone ranting and raging about one thing or another. Maybe it's just that I shut down for the day before the serious Ranked players show up, I don't know. It's just really weird that I, of all people, have found refuge in Ranked...

Matt

That's good brother. I have found in the mornings is best for me generally. The degree of salt today though was "MMMMMmmuahhh!!, now that's a spicey meatball!!" LoL

[SFOR]
Members
933 posts
6,592 battles
1 hour ago, hexeris said:

The problem is that the american carriers are weak at t4 and t6 ( t8 and t10 idk ). but if you focus on only use the torpedo bombers in the japanese tech tree and only focus on targeting the cruisers and bbs you will see the power on them.

Edited by _no_one_

[RKN]
Beta Testers
1,095 posts
9,864 battles

I did. I only had up to T7 in both lines, so after the patch I exchanged both of my T6s & T4s for the FXP. I had enough XP on the destroyers to re-research (real word?) them so I figured I’d try them out and if I liked I could use the FXP to get them back. I found the T4 CVs so bad I decided the FXP was more valuable than the ships. I’m sure they get better after T4, but I was so disappointed and frustrated by the first ships I don’t want to endure the torturous grind to T6. I’d rather just take the FXP and run.

Edited by SavageTactical