Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Acrux_Draconis

Brillant Idea

43 comments in this topic

[SOL-B]
Members
13 posts
9,099 battles

Great idea we should all  just play CV's that way Wargaming will know just how much we LOVE the new carriers  I mean why play any other class of ship when we can just sit at the edge of the map  and get 200k worth of damage and never been spotted by the opposing team. So tell me what other class of ships can do that!!!  Heck tell me one ship that can get 20k worth of damage and never be seen.  So everyone grab your carriers and lets get started.  Yes the carriers needed something done  how about keeping it the way it was but giving them more planes. Would have been easier to do and they would not be so over powered. 

Edited by Acrux_Draconis
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 1
  • Angry 1

[A_51]
Members
653 posts

Matchmaking would probably have a nervous breakdown if there were nothing but CVs in the queue.

Edited by Seaneroo

[POD]
Beta Testers
3,284 posts
4,970 battles
2 minutes ago, Acrux_Draconis said:

Great idea we should all  just play CV's that way Wargaming will know just how much we LOVE the new carriers  I mean why play any other class of ship when we can just sit at the edge of the map  and get 200k worth of damage and never been spotted by the opposing team. So tell me what other class of ships can do that!!!  Heck tell me one ship that can get 20k worth of damage and never be seen So everyone grab your carriers and lets get started

are you having a mental breakdown?

[POD]
Beta Testers
3,284 posts
4,970 battles
1 minute ago, Acrux_Draconis said:

Ah you used sarcasm  nice!! 

i'm being serious.

i think you need a hug.

[CHBK]
Members
332 posts
2,219 battles
7 minutes ago, Acrux_Draconis said:

Heck tell me one ship that can get 20k worth of damage and never be seen.

Is this a joke? There are a plethora of ships that can deal damage and not be spotted.

[WOLF2]
Members
1,160 posts
8,217 battles
5 minutes ago, Acrux_Draconis said:

Great idea we should all  just play CV's that way Wargaming will know just how much we LOVE the new carriers  I mean why play any other class of ship when we can just sit at the edge of the map  and get 200k worth of damage and never been spotted by the opposing team. So tell me what other class of ships can do that!!!  Heck tell me one ship that can get 20k worth of damage and never be seen.  So everyone grab your carriers and lets get started.  Yes the carriers needed something done  how about keeping it the way it was but giving them more planes. Would have been easier to do and they would not be so over powered. 

A brilliant idea would be to shelve the T10 CVs for a bit, and tweak those.    Really, there's only one CV in the whole CV lineup that's causing the ruckus.     

• Cool 1

[CHBK]
Members
332 posts
2,219 battles
5 minutes ago, Acrux_Draconis said:

Maybe but unless they fix the "fix" that will happen or people will start leaving the game for good 

I can't remember which thread, there was a guy that day of the CV rework he uninstalled.  I checked his account like 2 days later and he had almost 60 games in random battles since then.  Most people claiming they are leaving the game or uninstalling are just blowing smoke out of their rear.

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
433 posts
11,135 battles
1 minute ago, Acrux_Draconis said:

Maybe but unless they fix the "fix" that will happen or people will start leaving the game for good

I've been reading a lot of these "I'm leaving threads" and I'm not sure I'm buying it. Let me first say that I don't play carriers and for me I haven't enjoyed the patch. Further, I don't care for what War Gaming is doing with their Premium Ships that people paid real world money for (Giulio Cesare). I also think the stealth nerf was a terrible idea. With all of that being said I have no desire to leave the game and personally I'm of the opinion that most people will stay.

However, I will not spend any more money on the game and I do believe that other people are also of the same mindset. This is a good game, it used to be a great game, and is currently in a state of flux. I am hopeful that at least some of these problems will be addressed and the somewhat unhappy tone of the player base will improve. 

theres-still-hope-meme.jpg

• Funny 1

[SOL-B]
Members
13 posts
9,099 battles
5 minutes ago, Taco_De_Moist said:

I can't remember which thread, there was a guy that day of the CV rework he uninstalled.  I checked his account like 2 days later and he had almost 60 games in random battles since then.  Most people claiming they are leaving the game or uninstalling are just blowing smoke out of their rear.

Never said I was leaving but if there is not something done people will move on  to other games They will still play WoWs but will they be willing to put out the money to do so?

[SOL-B]
Members
13 posts
9,099 battles
9 minutes ago, Taco_De_Moist said:

Is this a joke? There are a plethora of ships that can deal damage and not be spotted.

Name one.    They are going to be spotted sooner or later but a CV can now  stay hidden and just deal out damage

[SOL-B]
Members
13 posts
9,099 battles
11 minutes ago, DiddleDum said:

A brilliant idea would be to shelve the T10 CVs for a bit, and tweak those.    Really, there's only one CV in the whole CV lineup that's causing the ruckus.     

The Hakuryu  I know   Do not know what they will do or can do to fix the problem. Give the other ships better AA? Give ships better fighters?  Wasn't the main reason they re-worked the CV's was that on the NA server they were not being played as much?  

[808]
Supertester
331 posts
5,769 battles

I stopped putting money into this game long ago, like many others I feel the developer is too unstable, and the player base just seems bent on attacking itself at every turm (be it carriers now, BB before, DD before that etc...). 

Tried to recruit a friend to try the game once, the look of terror in his eyes as he stoutly refused after I stated the title WoWs, he had

heard such terrible thing about the “community “ he wasn’t coming near this game.

But we all move on eventually, don’t we?  

• Boring 1

[WOLF2]
Members
1,160 posts
8,217 battles

Since the Hak is THE problem, that's what WG should focus on.       Going through all the threads, that's the common culprit. And T10 CVs to a smaller extent.

Very few on T8 CVs

The only threads on T6 and T4 are questions on how to be productive in them.

My guess is that they'll tweak things (CV and AA), and the dynamic will flop to the other extreme (everything shot down, and CV play will plummet).    They'll over-balance the balance.

I do like the new style of play, as I can finally play another class of ships.   I'm still at T4, and not much of a threat to anyone.   Nor are the enemy CVs at that tier.   Or at T6.   And barely at T8.    

If they trash them all together, I'm out two T4 CVs.   Not much skin off my back.   But I'd like to see them continue.    And there's that single elephant in the room that's causing most of the frustration (well, and two of them per team).   See the elephant WG, and fix the elephant.

Edited by DiddleDum

[SOL-B]
Members
13 posts
9,099 battles

So the constant dodging torpedo's and dive bombers every 20 seconds is not a problem with anyone?  Same with the crappy AA, and defense fighter? One guy was [edited] that his CV fighters were useless because of the "F" key option. Should they fix the problem, Yes Will they fix the problem? NO unless enough people [edited]. 

[SEOP]
Members
1,474 posts
8,233 battles
33 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

Who's playing surface ships??? 

I'm only playing T10 DDs.  That way I dont have to spend too much time in any one match.   

• Funny 1

Members
631 posts
11 battles

I think a 12 v 12 CV match would be a gas.

I've often wanted some of these crazy matchups to spark some fun into this game. Still waiting for 12 Atlanta's vs 4 Yamato's.

[WOLF2]
Members
2,356 posts
14,155 battles
44 minutes ago, Acrux_Draconis said:

Dang- you read my mind and stole my idea :)

[WOLF2]
Members
2,356 posts
14,155 battles
43 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

are you having a mental breakdown?

Probably, it's a response to an insane world

[NFE]
Members
132 posts
2,876 battles
26 minutes ago, Acrux_Draconis said:

Name one.    They are going to be spotted sooner or later but a CV can now  stay hidden and just deal out damage

Your CV will not stay "hidden" once the enemy CV decides to find it.

[WOLF2]
Members
2,356 posts
14,155 battles
38 minutes ago, DiddleDum said:

Noooooo, that would screw up everything!

The Hak IS my plan!

[WOLF2]
Members
2,356 posts
14,155 battles
1 minute ago, GoaJim said:

Your CV will not stay "hidden" once the enemy CV decides to find it.

Always save the best for last :)

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this