You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Legio_X_

Today was a good day.

15 comments in this topic

[WOLFC]
Members
589 posts
1,638 battles

Took me about 6-8 minutes, but i was able to sneak around entire enemy team and sink their 2 CV's. Man that sh*t felt good after all this sky cancer. 

shot-19.02.06_15.34.38-0526.jpg

[-HON-]
Beta Testers
462 posts
10,915 battles

Until the CV fights back.

9755447_CQECV.thumb.jpg.6509cc08f1ddb61034fb02500b8813ce.jpg

Last three games I've had DDs try this and it has not ended well for them.

• Cool 1

[POD]
Beta Testers
3,325 posts
5,016 battles

consider it luck because when 2 CVs start to fight for survival,they become scary creatures.

Edited by Cruxdei

[WOLFC]
Members
589 posts
1,638 battles
2 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

consider it luck because when 2 CVs start to fight for survival,they become scary creatures.

Oh they started spamming rocket planes but Russian heal kept me alive. 

Its amazing how fast they can crapout planes when they attack hit f and attack again in less than 5 seconds

Edited by Legio_X_

[PSP]
Members
8,056 posts
7 minutes ago, Legio_X_ said:

Took me about 6-8 minutes, but i was able to sneak around entire enemy team and sink their 2 CV's. Man that sh*t felt good after all this sky cancer. 

shot-19.02.06_15.34.38-0526.jpg

Does you no good to post this, the anti-CV crowd will just call it another outlier and a fluke because, as we all well know, nothing on the good green Earth can ever defeat a rework CV.

Good job, by the way.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,458 posts
9,454 battles

I would say kudos for effing up some skycancer's day (and I approve!), but CV hunting in a DD is generally not a good strategy...

[WOLFC]
Members
589 posts
1,638 battles
Just now, pikohan said:

I would say kudos for effing up some skycancer's day (and I approve!), but CV hunting in a DD is generally not a good strategy...

I know it’s not, but I decided to gamble because I’m tired of their [edited] and I won. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[XBRTC]
Members
2,352 posts
8,292 battles

Seriously, cmon guys, I can’t be the only person who saw the thread title and wondered whether or not OP pulled out the AK........

Members
1,386 posts
8,764 battles
2 minutes ago, LT_Rusty_SWO said:

Seriously, cmon guys, I can’t be the only person who saw the thread title and wondered whether or not OP pulled out the AK........

Nope, figured he called his homies, went to the local park,  and had a triple double.

• Funny 1

[NFE]
Members
144 posts
2,876 battles
28 minutes ago, Legio_X_ said:

I did that recently, too. I only got one enemy CV, he was bow-on against an island, and could only back up. I sank him pretty quickly, so I wasn't spotted.

I think that soon, CVs will concentrate on sinking enemy CVs, and that will change how the game is played. Also, CVs will spend more time scouting the edges of the map, because of rogues like us. Then they will, by definition, be spending less time attacking in the middle.

[-HON-]
Beta Testers
462 posts
10,915 battles
14 minutes ago, GoaJim said:

I think that soon, CVs will concentrate on sinking enemy CVs, and that will change how the game is played. Also, CVs will spend more time scouting the edges of the map, because of rogues like us. Then they will, by definition, be spending less time attacking in the middle.

CV sniping is not a good use of your planes early in the game. 

You do not have the alpha strike to make it worthwhile.

You just lose planes, and if lucky you cause some damage to the enemy CV, but not kill it.

[NFE]
Members
144 posts
2,876 battles
Just now, SansPeur said:

CV sniping is not a good use of your planes early in the game. 

You do not have the alpha strike to make it worthwhile.

You just lose planes, and if lucky you cause some damage to the enemy CV, but not kill it.

You seem to have a few more games played than I, so I'll take your word for it. But if CVs are so OP, wouldn't it make sense to try to eliminate them? Maybe in mid-game if not early.

[SOV]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,682 posts
6,777 battles

Reminds me of the first or second day of  the rework, I managed to survive in my Asashio right up until the final 6+ minutes of the match and all the enemy team had was three battleships and two aircraft carriers. It was like an Asashio's wet dream. Eager to dish out some retribution, one of the enemy CV's lit me up and ultimately sunk me after I had only launched one torp salvo. Thus ended the dream...

[XBRTC]
Members
2,352 posts
8,292 battles
1 hour ago, GoaJim said:

You seem to have a few more games played than I, so I'll take your word for it. But if CVs are so OP, wouldn't it make sense to try to eliminate them? Maybe in mid-game if not early.

It's generally not going to be aircraft that eliminate the CV, though, because of fighter coverage and heavy AA. Kill the enemy DDs and harass their cruisers first, so that your own DDs will survive and their cruisers will either die to you or screw up and give broadsides where they shouldn't, and then your own DDs and cruisers will be able to manhandle the red CVs. Hopefully.

[NFE]
Members
144 posts
2,876 battles
20 hours ago, LT_Rusty_SWO said:

It's generally not going to be aircraft that eliminate the CV, though, because of fighter coverage and heavy AA. Kill the enemy DDs and harass their cruisers first, so that your own DDs will survive and their cruisers will either die to you or screw up and give broadsides where they shouldn't, and then your own DDs and cruisers will be able to manhandle the red CVs. Hopefully.

I see torpedo planes eliminate enemy CVs regularly. This is in tiers 5-9. What you are saying is certainly the way the game is played before the rework. We'll see what happens as we go along. My contention is that it's smart to eliminate the biggest threat(s) first, and CVs are now considered the biggest threats. Plus, if a team plays well, the ONLY way to sink the CVs is with planes.

Edited by GoaJim