Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Summon3r

new Cv tutorials out?

5 comments in this topic

[CWGC]
Members
819 posts
2,607 battles

never played a CV before, with 8.0 out does anyone know if there is a CV tutorial? i dont even knwo how they set way points for the CV's on the map overview lol

thx

Members
20,840 posts
5,617 battles
Just now, Summon3r said:

never played a CV before, with 8.0 out does anyone know if there is a CV tutorial? i dont even knwo how they set way points for the CV's on the map overview lol

thx

It's pretty intuitive. Double tap the appropriate key to launch planes, F key to recall them, (so you can launch more planes while the AI flys your current planes home)

M brings up the overhead map. Just click where you want to go, shift-click to set multiple waypoints. (5 max I think) You can do this at any time. (just be careful plotting a course near islands, the ship can't actually make a right angle turn, even though you can plot one lol)

If you actually want to drive the carrier, you have to recall your planes, and not launch new ones. (you can only control ship OR planes at one time)

When you attack a ship, press LMB once to detach an attack wing from the squadron, (your reticle will change from white to green) press again to fire. The planes that just fired will RTB automatically, and you can attack again, until all your planes are shot down/expended ordnance. If your planes are getting badly damaged, press F to recall them.

That's really it. Best thing is to grab a T4 and jump right in. CVs aren't super effective that low, so if you stink up the place getting the hang of the targetting, (each attack type takes a bit of getting used to as far as leading the target) you won't really hurt your team.

• Cool 1

[SSBN]
Members
477 posts
9,623 battles

Find Gaishu on Twitch and watch his streams.  It has improved my CV play a lot.  Not a point by point tutorial, but watch who he attacks, when he attacks, how he sets up the attack, etc.  

Sign in to follow this