You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
needlenoses4

I'm done in Random

41 comments in this topic

[LHG]
Members
94 posts
7,070 battles

So I am leaving random for good; reason; CV rework; I am spending way too much battle time avoiding multiple spreads of torpedoes plus dropping bombs and now rockets from now 2 CVs.  Plus the ever present DD torps.  Not enjoyable for me at all;  for those who like it, fare enough.  So will try to stay in ranked or look for another arena.  I do enjoy a good battle, but not this.  Sucks!!

• Cool 10
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 2

[WOLF2]
Members
1,160 posts
8,217 battles

Please head to ranked if you're a DD.     Currently, the meta is heavy DD (expected), but my team's DDs keep sinking within three minutes.:cap_fainting:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Members
631 posts
11 battles
8 minutes ago, needlenoses4 said:

So I am leaving random for good; reason; CV rework; I am spending way too much battle time avoiding multiple spreads of torpedoes plus dropping bombs and now rockets from now 2 CVs.  Plus the ever present DD torps.  Not enjoyable for me at all;  for those who like it, fare enough.  So will try to stay in ranked or look for another arena.  I do enjoy a good battle, but not this.  Sucks!!

Let me get this straight? You don't enjoy being attacked a by a CV with three waves per attack, and on his third set of three waves at the 16:40 mark in the game? Even though you are finally up to full speed at that point? Hmmmm :) 

I forgot to add..... assuming there is only 1 CV...…………………...

Edited by Excuse_Maker
  • Funny 1

[A_51]
Members
653 posts
11 minutes ago, needlenoses4 said:

I'm checking out War Thunder.  See you there.

• Cool 4

[LHG]
Beta Testers
12 posts
2,387 battles

I have a couple of matches per evening at tier 10 but get frustrated, now I’m attempting not to shame myself horribly whilst trying out Ranked or just avoiding 8/9/10 in randoms for now. I am fine with 4/6/8 CVs currently, I just wish that they temporarily disabled 10 CVs until hotfix. To me it’s just an exploit. I say continue gathering the relevant information/data from the lower tiers but disable Haru/Midway and we can retry after hotfix.

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
1,160 posts
8,217 battles
1 minute ago, Spectrefiend said:

I have a couple of matches per evening at tier 10 but get frustrated, now I’m attempting not to shame myself horribly whilst trying out Ranked or just avoiding 8/9/10 in randoms for now. I am fine with 4/6/8 CVs currently, I just wish that they temporarily disabled 10 CVs until hotfix. To me it’s just an exploit. I say continue gathering the relevant information/data from the lower tiers but disable Haru/Midway and we can retry after hotfix.

Fully agree.   I don't think I've seen one thread on the abuse folks are getting from T4, T6, and T8 CVs.     Just seems to be one culprit that's causing all the grief.  Wonder which one it is????

Pretty common sense approach - disable the T10 CVs and start tweaking em a bit.    I'm sure we'll get a couple of DD threads, but disabling T10s would make most of the uproar go away.

[WDS]
Members
1,032 posts
7,707 battles
36 minutes ago, Seaneroo said:

Wait till 6:00 hot fix coming at 5:00 today 

[A_51]
Members
653 posts
6 minutes ago, clammboy said:

Wait till 6:00 hot fix coming at 5:00 today 

I'm looking into other options regardless.  I've come to realize I've been playing this game exclusively, and it's been sucking up all of my gaming budget, for a long time now.  Time to branch out.

• Cool 1

[D12]
[D12]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,124 posts
9,299 battles
48 minutes ago, Seaneroo said:

If playing the old MMOs,   Dark Age of Camelot Freeshard.   In between a few games a week on WoWs.  This is the hardest change to the new CVs.  Constant micromanaging you have to do to survive.

[WDS]
Members
1,032 posts
7,707 battles
7 minutes ago, Nachoo31 said:

This is the hardest change to the new CVs.  Constant micromanaging you have to do to survive.

Yes you said it all in 2 sentences .

[LHG]
Members
94 posts
7,070 battles
1 hour ago, Excuse_Maker said:

Let me get this straight? You don't enjoy being attacked a by a CV with three waves per attack, and on his third set of three waves at the 16:40 mark in the game? Even though you are finally up to full speed at that point? Hmmmm :) 

I forgot to add..... assuming there is only 1 CV...…………………...

I don't usually [edited], but I have really enjoyed this game, even though I hit a temp wall at tier 8 due to much better competition and up against tier9 and 10.  But yes, a sea of red fired my way by DD's 10 miles away along with all the CV torps at my BB which is semi responsive at the best I  just a bit too much for me;  would be so bad MAYBE if the other ships were improved accordingly besides AA.  Like 15 second reload times for BBs and 60% more rudder speed.  Yes, I could go on and on, but enough said.

• Cool 1

[LHG]
Members
94 posts
7,070 battles

Oh!!  And I do realize that life isn't fare most of the time including this game, and that a lot of players take this GAME way too seriously.  Idea too me anyway was to learn the game and have fun at the same time.   Not seeing that fun part lately.  Gonna try co-op and ranked and will see what I can do.  Of course it looks like I can only get into tier  9 ranked.

[WS]
Beta Testers
753 posts
6,234 battles
2 hours ago, Seaneroo said:

Yeah, i downloaded and installed War Thunder, as well as purchased a couple other games.  I was a big spender in this WOWS, and once I get hooked on another game i doubt I will come back (certainly i will never spend the same even if I do come back someday).  I'm just honestly sick of WG breaking things that weren't broke.

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,260 posts
10,432 battles
2 hours ago, needlenoses4 said:

I would wait until after 8.2 to make that decision. We are 1 week into 8.0. Hot fix tomorrow and more changes to come. 

Down GIF

Members
123 posts
2 minutes ago, kalman81 said:

an expected reaction from a player with these stats...

Battles Fought 6,593

Victories / Battles 45.52%

AVERAGE EXPERIENCE PER BATTLE 635

Average Damage Caused per Battle 19,880

Kill / Death Ratio 0.43

Stat shaming someone for having an opinion ain't cool and should be "out of bounds" on the forums.  There are some very good players who are very frustrated with the CV rework who have posted on the forums...discussed it on their twitch streams...commented in Reddit.  While I haven't found the sky to be falling in my limited random games since the patch, some good players are very upset....no need to diss the OP's opinion cuz of his stats...which are better than mine!

• Cool 4

[KSC]
Beta Testers
20 posts
5,071 battles
8 minutes ago, BenAubrey said:

Stat shaming someone for having an opinion ain't cool and should be "out of bounds" on the forums.  There are some very good players who are very frustrated with the CV rework who have posted on the forums...discussed it on their twitch streams...commented in Reddit.  While I haven't found the sky to be falling in my limited random games since the patch, some good players are very upset....no need to diss the OP's opinion cuz of his stats...which are better than mine!

you know you are right, I apologize for that and I will refrain myself from such things.

• Cool 3

[WGA]
Administrator
783 posts
454 battles

Hello Captains,

Please do not shame other captains.

Thanks!

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[_R-D_]
Members
9 posts
5,752 battles

Sorry I used to play Random and no clan. Key here is USED to. I am extremely disappointed with 8.0, and I fear that 8.1 will stretch out to 8.9 before you see any significant change. WOW knows this is not right or balanced but they did it anyway. Oh yea, keep buying until we fix it. You folks knew there was a problem from the tests.  Anyway, much like talking to a brick wall.   

Thanks to my fellow Captains for the games. Cannot say I loved every match them all, but enjoyed them just the same. Good group of gamers.

I will use up whatever premium time is left then leave. 

Again, many thanks 

[LEGO]
Members
145 posts
4,073 battles

Remove CVs.

Problem solved.

i've only seen a few cv mains, so no big loss in terms of numbers.  :p

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles
9 hours ago, Seaneroo said:

I played War Thunder Ground Combat, where you can be endlessly attacked by Aircraft. And we have WoWs version 8.0, where you can be endlessly attacked by Aircraft. Gee, whatta choice!

• Cool 1

Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles
1 hour ago, riverslq said:

Remove CVs.

Problem solved.

i've only seen a few cv mains, so no big loss in terms of numbers.  :p

That's been obvious for a helluva long time but WG management wont do it. I think that CVs are the fair haired child of someone in management and they will never let go of CVs, even if it means the death of WoWs.

[LHG]
Members
94 posts
7,070 battles

Don't worry; I don't feel personally shamed;  As a 70 year old player I am happy just doing the best that I can in this game and have some fun.  I do take some flack for mistakes I make, but usually I try to correct it or shrug it off.  So, NP.

[_-_]
Members
1,571 posts
On 2/6/2019 at 2:24 PM, needlenoses4 said:

C'mon over to Co-op. No bot CV's for now, and a low-sodium community.

We'll leave the light on for ya. :Smile_smile:

Members
847 posts
5,193 battles
On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 3:26 PM, Nachoo31 said:

If playing the old MMOs,   Dark Age of Camelot Freeshard.   In between a few games a week on WoWs.  This is the hardest change to the new CVs.  Constant micromanaging you have to do to survive.

I would hate to start over in DAOC though.