You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
legozer

How Bad Is Your Ranked Team When....

10 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
1,711 posts
10,027 battles

...you only do 23 k damage and finish at the top of your team....by a LOT?

*sigh*

Edited by legozer
  • Funny 1

[BLUE_]
Members
30 posts
10,052 battles

saved a star with 18k dmg.  it was all on DD to be fair.  team was deleted so fast i just looked for the first DD i could find.

[-K-]
Members
5,751 posts
9,793 battles
1 hour ago, legozer said:

...you only do 23 k damage and finish at the top of your team....by a LOT?

*sigh*

This means nothing. 

A good DD player can easily top a scoreboard with good tactical play, despite low damage.  Spotting, capping objectives, and potential damage can all help contribute to your base XP bottom line.

• Cool 2

[ARGSY]
Members
1,711 posts
10,027 battles
3 hours ago, Ace_04 said:

This means nothing. 

A good DD player can easily top a scoreboard with good tactical play, despite low damage.  Spotting, capping objectives, and potential damage can all help contribute to your base XP bottom line.

It was a loss. The team evaporated almost immediately. BBs all sat broadside, 2 Yugumos pushed hard through the middle of Tears, got spotted and quickly shredded. It was traumatic.

[CRUEL]
[CRUEL]
Members
163 posts
17,499 battles

Had a game today where are 3 BBs never left there span position When the CA and 2DDs got deleted they ran away. Ive never seen anything like it LOL

[PT8TO]
[PT8TO]
Members
353 posts
13,476 battles
15 minutes ago, Gavroche_ said:
  Hide contents

1114801595_Screenshot(1).thumb.png.d976a1dbea009bae58a8e2f4c194d1c6.png1977847947_Screenshot(2)_LI.thumb.jpg.790e5b6904ff6cd888b115533f556197.jpg1125400497_Screenshot(3).thumb.png.de1828a6fdeb36dbc834a533023e0100.png1763552332_Screenshot(4).thumb.png.f91d321f28a2090653c2a721653524ed.png

Ouch, I feel your pain. But to be fair to the other team, they had to nerf the only typhoon player with a bunch of potato teammates so that the game isn't over in 3 minutes.

[56TH]
Members
279 posts

so I played two ranked battles....lost both

but on another note....I don't get WG's insistence and cramming things we don't like down our throats. Apparently no one liked the rush game mode or whatever it was when it was released so... now the force us to play it in ranked? :Smile_amazed:

guess I am done until next season.

[2347]
Members
265 posts
5,783 battles

I had an awesome ranked game today. Playing my Jean Bart, I did 185k, 1 kill, Confederate, High Caliber, Witherer, and generally had a blast. The best part though, was when I finally went down, it left a badly damaged Iowa and a 50% Fletcher against our lone Jutland. The red Fletcher had played very well, definitely skilled, and it was hard to see how we were going to find a win.

Our Jutland player did it, however. He finished off the Iowa and then took the Fletcher in a gun fight. It was a very close game, hard fought with both teams pushing and maneuvering for advantage. It was the kind of warships game I'm always hoping for, you know? Terse and action packed right to the end.

And the best part is that players on both teams were generous and respectful throughout. People on my team were complimenting the Fletcher for playing so well. The BB players were sharing friendly comments on how enjoyable it was to play with and against decent players. Neither team had campers or snipers. Myself and the other Jean Bart on my team were close behind the DD's, supporting and drawing fire, and basically just working as a team. The cruisers had it a little rough, and I feel bad for hitting the red Neptune for 2 citadels early in the match, but even that guy didn't rage or get all salty in chat. He made some wry joke about the reason they named the ship "Neptune" was because "Citadel" was already taken.

Anyway, I wish I'd grabbed a screen shot, and I just wanted to share this because it is pretty cool to have a fun, competitive game in the middle of all the turmoil going on around here. There are still plenty of good reasons to stay and play.