You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Gneisenau013

Public Test 0.8.1 - Feedback

81 comments in this topic

[WGA]
Administrator, Developers
1,049 posts
6,617 battles

Ahoy Fleet!

Please provide feedback on the following items on this session of Public Test session 0.8.1!

• Royal Navy Aircraft Carriers
  • Naval Aviation Collection
  • Radar and Interface changes
  • Flooding mechanics
  • Port optimizing
  • Map and other changes

If you have any reports of bugs or strange happenings, please report them here!

#anchorsaweigh

[APCR]
Members
44 posts
8,248 battles

@Gneisenau013hey, important change that is not in bulletin - The Setting---Sound---Music mode, dynamic mode is not working as intended, once again. 

Last time it works like this is during 0.7.1(iirc)~0.7.9(Dynamo came back), and that dynamic music mode is not enjoyable as it constantly switch soundtracks when situation changes.

Please do not apply that music mode change to 0.8.1, just keep it same as in 0.8.0, thanks.

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
9 posts
6,058 battles

I do not like the addition of really loud music effects during battle loading, during ship upgrading, during camo application.  All the music effects, including the end of match fanfare, should be disabled if I turn down the in-game music.  I do not want to hear anything but the ships and relevant sounds to the game.  The music effects are too loud, not adjustable, and come in on top of the music I am playing for myself.  Please remove these sounds or move their control to the already available In Game Music slider under Audio Settings.  There is no reason I should not be able to at least control the volume of these added sounds.  Additionally I took out the Hipper and could not hear my own gun sounds any more.

If we're testing CV changes then why am I loading into matches with NOT ONE CV?!  Don't waste my time.  I'm here to test CVs and that's it.  I do not want to play matches without them.  I also do not want to grind my way to Tier X ships if I am expected to test them.  Don't waste my time.  I'm here for one reason, TO HELP YOU.  Don't waste my time.  Let me play 10 or 20 matches and really test some crap.  MAKE EVERY MATCH COUNT.

DON'T WASTE MY TIME.

From the one CV match I did play so far, the AA is far more deadly than before it seems to me, and squadrons were never full again since the first losses.  Much more difficult for the CV but still was able to score a few hits.  This seems like it is heading in the right direction.

• Bad 3

Members
37 posts
7,111 battles

The "Cruisers", "No Cruisers", and "Complete both chains" missions are described in the update announcement as being able to complete in both co-op and random battles.  However, on the test server, these missions are strictly random battles.  Was the announcement in error, or were these missions set up wrong on the test server?

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
1,704 posts
  • Royal Navy Aircraft Carriers  - Not in this test.
  • Naval Aviation Collection - Rather nice, good history as usual and dual colors for camos...
  • Radar and Interface changes - grammar issues "I activated <insert radar or sonar>".  Should be "I have activated".
  • Flooding mechanics - never got to experience this.  I mostly played CVs which had their flooding chance cut down.  All in all the approach seems more forgiving.
  • Port optimizing - didn't notice - which is awesome.
  • Map and other changes - maps feel more balanced and less like the ships were in fish bowls.  The AI did a good job with the larger, more open areas.  They only snagged when avoiding torps.

[RCN]
Members
56 posts
11,082 battles
5 hours ago, Drumbeat said:

I do not like the addition of really loud music effects during battle loading, during ship upgrading, during camo application.  All the music effects, including the end of match fanfare, should be disabled if I turn down the in-game music.  I do not want to hear anything but the ships and relevant sounds to the game.  The music effects are too loud, not adjustable, and come in on top of the music I am playing for myself.  Please remove these sounds or move their control to the already available In Game Music slider under Audio Settings.  There is no reason I should not be able to at least control the volume of these added sounds.  Additionally I took out the Hipper and could not hear my own gun sounds any more.

concur

I dont like the new audio

[NOT]
Modder
987 posts
5,455 battles

I wanna applause whoever came up with idea to slow down user interacting speed by creating a void between loading preemptive stage and actually display data. You will spend MORE time to get any dock actions done than previous patch but the UI now doesnt freeze whatever going on the 3D dock is actually an accomplice. Welp, it actually get the data show twice if such data is cached, mostly Modules.

The Exterior tab does show the loading data stage actually freeze animation on the Flash UI but no interference on the 3D dock is OK tho.

The gun sound is not fixed, still sounds small anf far away from actual ship

[RCN]
Members
56 posts
11,082 battles
  • Royal Navy Aircraft Carriers  - reworking CVs they said
  • Naval Aviation Collection - Rather nice, good history as usual but meh annother collection.
  • Radar and Interface changes - dont really notice the icon that is supposed to appear on your allies. I only saw it once because I was actually behind an Ally
  • Flooding mechanics - never got to experience this.
  • Port optimizing - didn't notice, dont spend much time looking at the scenery in port anyway.
  • Map and other changes - I didnt like shards, Who comes up  with this anyway? Does some russian poll magically appear to tell you to change maps?

on annother note, everyone is runing full AA builds on the test server and itis a sad reflection on the state of the game when all people want to do is either huddle together for self protection and kil sky cancer or some go alone and die within minutes of getting focused by two or thre CVs.

• Bad 1

Members
26 posts
250 battles

Having problems with Cv planes not turning & at times going around in circles.

Hard to change the spread < = of torps from planes. sometimes will change sometime will not.

Tried to drop torps for a second time just can`t do it No planes left

can`t fire rockets for a second time plane are eaten up

And trying to drop a bomb on a ship forget it AA`s eat you up so fast.

tried hiding behind the island in a plane from AA fire getting shot through the island.

tried going low behind an island AA fire still got me.

Edited by Area51_9
fix up what i missed
  • Cool 2

[RLGN]
Members
9,442 posts
18,870 battles
On 2/6/2019 at 11:47 AM, Gneisenau013 said:

Please provide feedback on the following items on this session of Public Test session 0.8.1!

WHERE ARE THEY?

Been on the PT twice now and they don't show on the tech tree? Don't care If I have to grind for them, but shouldn't they at least show on the tree?

That, or since all the other tree T8 cariers and ships are there, shouldn't the RN T8 carrier show in the tree?

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,993 posts
4,754 battles

"One small, but long-awaited change, is the ability to open all collected containers with a single click. Now, opening containers will be quick and painless, with any received rewards shown in a separate window."

giphy.webp

• Cool 3

[M-T-B]
Members
24 posts
4,442 battles

Observation (not complaint)

Something may have gone haywire in this platform for this Public Test.  

2/7/2019: 

• Previously mentioned Camo problems w/ Tier 10 DD Z-52 - camo does not show up 'in port'(tried several). 
  • Sound problems and late entry into match, video jerking problems.  
  • No UK carrier in port. 

2/8/2019: 

• Choppy video (especially during aiming).
  • 144 HE & AP shells fired from Tier X Conqueror (10 km - 20km) registers no hits. 
  • No UK carrier in port. 
  • Z-52 camo appeared in port & in game.
  • Late entry into match (game had started).

[DENY]
[DENY]
Beta Testers
230 posts
10,116 battles

I get it WG is giving up on CV's right? I mean that is the only explanation for the pile of burning dog S*** that this AA mess is becoming, So F it make the AA so OP player won't even touch CV's. If you are going to make AA this OP WG better UP THE DAMAGE CV's are doing by 100%. when a DD is killing 56 of my planes that's [edited]. So congratulation on making CV's the most unenjoyable ship class in the game!

• Cool 4

[RED2]
Members
63 posts

Maybe I missed it, but it seems that I can't find any info on how to get the level X ships in this latest beta which are required for the Cruisers and no Cruisers (Battleships) combat missions.. I've looked around and nothing so far.. Maybe I'm a bit daft.. Does anyone actually know?

Members
45 posts

A look inside the offices of War Gaming, and why Public Test 0.8.1 is such a mess. How about you Spongebob's Fix the AA on the PTS. It's just a bit of holy [edited] OP. YOU THINK!!! 

images (1).jpg

Edited by Zeus_0311
  • Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[KRIEG]
Members
5 posts
3,713 battles

Having issues with mounting camo, but not showing on the ship.  Have to jump to another ship then back for it to show.

Not sure this is intentional,  but in game voice sounds like it's coming from the back of the room (eg...like you are on the bridge)

Do like the new note in chat and the flashing circle to denote use of Hydro or radar!

Also like the ability fo open multiple containers are once.  

The little thing that actually make the game more enjoyable.

Thanks WG!!

Members
101 posts
On 2/6/2019 at 12:47 PM, Gneisenau013 said:

Ahoy Fleet!

• Naval Aviation Collection
  • Radar and Interface changes
  • Flooding mechanics
  • Port optimizing
  • Map and other changes

If you have any reports of bugs or strange happenings, please report them here!

#anchorsaweigh

is there any way with the additions to the game you can add a self-destruct button for tier8 CV's and tier6 CV's. That way when you up tier CV's (+2) +1 is fine, we can just self-destruct and not waste our time and play a different ship. 

• Cool 1

[S0L0]
Members
82 posts

Royal Navy Aircraft Carriers - N/A
Naval Aviation Collection - Looks Good, No Problems
Radar and Interface changes - Looks Good, I like the new sweeping radar effect, Chat Dialogue can get a bit flooded with all the messages though. Messages should read, "I am using Radar" or "I have activated my Radar"
Flooding mechanics - Only got flooded once due to OP AA and few DDs. It seemed to lack potency, I only lost between 1/4-1/3 of my remaining hitpoints without using Damage Control.
Port optimizing - Looks Good, No Problems
Map and other changes - Looks Good, No Problems
Open All Containers Button - "Containers Are Being Opened 4/4" Message should read "4/4 Containers Are Being Opened", "Containers Being Opened: 4/4"

When I use the map to set a waypoint, autopilot keeps changing/adjusting direction of my ship every 10-15 seconds for no reason
Sometimes the UI hangs and buttons don't respond until the 2nd or 3rd click
Most of the games ran very smoothly but there were times when there were lots of planes, ships and effects active where it became very laggy

Considerations:
Consider a "remove all flags" button (preferably one that works on all ships at once) (It's just a button with a select query, followed by two nested loops with update queries. You can do it guys, I believe in you. :cap_cool: )
I DESTROYED T10 planes in a T8 Cruiser
In all of the cruisers I tested, I only used a partial AA build. A full AA build was never necessary, even against 2 CVs at a time
MFC AA & AA sectors are unnecessary, never used them
T10 CVs are running away from lone T10 Cruisers :(
I like the look of the Air Supply Containers, good job.

Edited by Code_Slinger

Members
33 posts
4,797 battles
On 2/7/2019 at 3:49 PM, Drumbeat said:

If we're testing CV changes then why am I loading into matches with NOT ONE CV?!  Don't waste my time.  I'm here to test CVs and that's it.  I do not want to play matches without them.  I also do not want to grind my way to Tier X ships if I am expected to test them.  Don't waste my time.  I'm here for one reason, TO HELP YOU.  Don't waste my time.  Let me play 10 or 20 matches and really test some crap.  MAKE EVERY MATCH COUNT.

DON'T WASTE MY TIME.

From the one CV match I did play so far, the AA is far more deadly than before it seems to me, and squadrons were never full again since the first losses.  Much more difficult for the CV but still was able to score a few hits.  This seems like it is heading in the right direction.

You can go into the settings and turn off the music.

• Bad 1

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
9 posts
6,058 battles
8 hours ago, GoldDust2015 said:

You can go into the settings and turn off the music.

Not this music.  The music sliders are all the way down and this stuff still plays.  It is just a fanfare when buying modules, like the end of match fanfare that you also can't get rid of.  Not in-game soundtrack.

[WNSTN]
Members
50 posts
3,585 battles

Need to make it so theres only 1 CV per team because 2 just makes every ship of each team spotted 80 to 90% of the game. But on the other hand the AA does seem a lil better then it was for the ships that arent cv's. But also maybe make the consumable fighters longer then 1 minute because 1 min is way to short but maybe 2 minutes would be a lil better because people cant have to count on there teams CV to drop a fighter next to them because thats to much brain power to be asked for from a CV player. But playing a CV basically because your forced to on the test server to get them signals and such I think the aiming for the CVs planes is good and should stay the way it is rite now. But the worst part like i said before is that having 2 CV's just makes it to where you are spotted most the game and so then why the hell even have the concealment skill then? 

• Cool 1

[-V1-]
Members
269 posts
5,642 battles

I have yet to be able to download the Public Test on my PC.   Followed the instructions to input the code and inputted it letter by letter, one at a time, to ensure I had it correctly.   Still unable to get the server to accept that code.    I give up!

Members
7 posts
1,387 battles

Yet again CVs are no longer viable, thank you for that. I have played CVs for 8 and 8.1 and neither times did CVs even begin to perform well.

Planes melt to flak and if more than one ship is in range planes have exactly no chance of survival. Not to mention that the aircraft have a dismal targeting time, weapons patterns, turn radius or deplorable damage output. Now as for the economics of CVs. CVs are no longer capable of supporting themselves. Unless a "pilot" is able to decimate the entire enemy team, forget about any kind of positive income. No, if I were to slow drive a game to PAY-TO-WIN and drive off player-base, than this tactic is directly in-line for that outcome...Alas floating World of Tanks has arrived. Now how does one obtain "golden armor, shells, planes, ect..."

[S0L0]
Members
82 posts

I just finished the last of the test missions. Winning with CVs was a lot harder than the other ship types and took quite a few tries.. At what point does WG acknowledge the AA needs more than a bit of minor "tweaking"? Seriously, this is beyond the scope of reasonable (and I like shooting down planes). If you're going to keep this level of AA damage you should double the replenishment rate of CV's planes.
AA_BROKEN2.png.6772b29c1a586a417e67d56352314766.png

I'm also jealous. My record so far was 48, of course I never made any full AA builds, but still. :Smile_amazed: