Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

Update 0.8.0.2 Hotfix - UPDATED (11/2)

521 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

132
[FLNVY]
Members
113 posts

imo it should be like this:

The planes are spotted for however long their detection is, but after attacking, they stay in the aa bubble until outside of it. To compensate, nerf the flak and short-medium range aa. The rockets need buffs because i can land however many rockets but not get a single fire. The torpedo bombers for low tier cvs also need buffs because the rockets and bombs arent really good for that tier. 

atm before hotfix: IV-VI and regular tech tree t8's need a loooottt of buffs. Midway is ok, and hack-ur-room-u is broken.

  • Cool 3
  • Meh 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DEP]
Members
247 posts
19,565 battles

"read it on the portal" you mean the link that doesnt work...just like alot of the ingame links. always have to login to the webpage to view half the  new stuff...404 errors....learn to code...oh wait. im asking too much.

  • Cool 2
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,825
[KWF]
Members
6,419 posts
7,157 battles

That's all fine and definitely an improvement, but maybe RPF should be examined as well? At the moment it is very easy for a CV with that skill to locate and attack destroyers in the first minutes of a battle, using the plane's high speed.

Edited by warheart1992
  • Cool 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
671 posts
2,685 battles

While some of these changes are in the right direction, I don't really see them helping with the actual cv problems so far. They will reduce a few minor annoyances at best, I expect, though it will help make the damage control skill be useful again.

Edited by Tanuvein
  • Cool 2
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
627
[MAHAN]
Beta Testers
1,604 posts
7,195 battles

It is a step in the right direction, but only a very small one. At least Hakuryu got hit with a nerf bat quickly. The AA and F-key changes will need to be seen in game. My hunch is they may not be enough, particularly to stop the F-key abuse.

  • Cool 2
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
161
[-K_P-]
Members
440 posts
3,717 battles

So when is the AA hitting planes through mountains going to get fixed?  Also it would be nice to add 2 more keys to control altitude, like we had on the subs.  I.E. fly low and fast, use the islands as shields, so you can skirt the island and attack the ship on the far side, fairly standard battle tactics, or fly high to avoid the AA of the first group and attack the lonely ship behind them.

  • Cool 17
  • Meh 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
79
[TAC-B]
Beta Testers
202 posts
12,860 battles

They should reset the stats on the CVs, too.

Just popped onto a battle and the queue is awash in Harakuryus getting in their last minute stat-padding.

  • Cool 5
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
702
[SOV]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,868 posts
9,238 battles

Some of these are steps in the right direction and I look forward to playing tiers 8-10 without Hakuryu corral spam. While I like the change in flak, I'd really like to see the actual numbers on the shift to continuous damage because you are now providing planes with a significant damage reduction buff while they are dropping inside the range of flak. Against a player who was good at avoiding flak, the short range damage felt like it was the only chance I had to deal any type of significant damage, and even then it felt fairly weak.  I also want to see the effect of the change to the recall function (F key) because that was something that needed a lot of intention - it was just too powerful of a tool. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,042 posts

wows..since your working on aircraft right now i would like to see my Kurfurst have the ability to launch more fighter planes..  1 additional plane every minute?

seems reasonable to me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,472
[CVA16]
Members
6,499 posts
20,133 battles

How does reducing the number of aircraft for certain tiers in any way reduce the spotting potential vs DDs? 

  • Cool 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
476
[KAPPA]
Members
1,501 posts
8,355 battles

As a co-op player, I have to state that I am still opposed to the flooding chance nerf. Everything else sounds fairly reasonable, but when my ability to do meaningful damage in a match is so directly tied to my ability to get 2 floods (or fires) on a bot to actually have one stick. It seems like it takes a dozen torps to match the damage potential from that flood under the current system and I've had many a match where 8 torp hits from 4 attack runs equaled exactly 0 floods, and this was with the "OP" Hakuryu. I wouldn't mind it so much if my torps did more base damage, but as it stands, I'm at tier 10 with torps that do equivalent damage of the maximum damage of a tier 2 destroyer's torps. I get that people were abusing the heck out of Hakuryu in randoms, but you can't just ignore co-op as well. AA was actually doing very well, too well, in co-op because bots tend to sail in groups and grouping up made for un-dodgable flak walls that render everything but a tier 10 CV combat ineffective in very short order. When there are only a handful of actual people on a team, it is critical that each one be able to either carry their own weight, or carry more than their own weight. Shokaku and Ryujo are incapable of doing that at the moment. I'll see what this hot fix does, but I'm worried that it is too much of a nerf.  On the bright side, I don't really care what happens to Hakuryu's alternate torpedo bombers that carry the 8 km range torps. Those were virtually unusable against bots due to the extreme arming range, because the bots tend to know where your torps are before you do and they very often dodge most or all of them. There is a very good reason I use Type F3 torpedoes on Yugumo, Kitakaze, Harugumo, and Shimakaze.

Edited by CaptHarlock_222
  • Cool 6
  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11
[QC]
Members
67 posts
8,820 battles

Lexinton and Shokaku having only 9 attack planes is a good thing. I will lost less planes when facing t10 AA.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21
[BISC]
[BISC]
Beta Testers
29 posts
3,987 battles
Quote
  • If the ship has no 25 mm AA guns, medium-range AA defenses start at 1 km. These ships' AA configuration will now be emphasized if you can't shoot planes inside of a 1km range.

The Medium Range AA minimum change concerns me, as it basically shadow nerfs top tier British BB's, DD's, French BB's and CA's, for unknown reasons, especially considering things like the Lion (T9 BB) already get targeted by CV's for not having effective short range AA. 1KM doesn't sound like much on paper but especially with dive bombers it basically means that there is no chance to fight back against them on their dive.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
358 posts
10,996 battles
19 minutes ago, HyenaHiena said:

Fast feedback:

"lets f*** the cvs in 0.8.0"

> moments later

"Oh looks hak is a decent cv, lets f*** it! All cvs need be useless0.8.1

 

Burn on hell WG.

Mate,  They are at least trying to do something progressive in a ever changing game. 

 

Ever hear: You can please some of the People some of the time....  BUT You can never please ALL the People ALL the time. 

I can appreciate what you are saying but the last sentence you mad(e) I found a bit strong....  WG is spending "a lot" to keep the game fresh and of course not all changes all the time are welcome but as we all know that have been here for a awhile know they always have made it right one way or the other..... Now we have to be patient let them work on the complaints and see what is amicable for all of us concerned.... Treat this a a challenge and not give up just find ways of being more clever as we all do in real life.  

I would love to see WG and another mode to Warships like Co-Op,  Random, Missions.... ect.  To make a pure Historic Choice in the game menu where only Actual Historic Existing Ships can play, hoping that could appease some of the purist's that just want to play Standard WW2 Boats period.  It can be done I just hope that the idea is looked at.  

Blessing Mates Hope To See You All In Game For Many Years To Come.

  • Cool 5
  • Funny 1
  • Meh 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,211
[PELTS]
Beta Testers
4,968 posts
15,349 battles
11 minutes ago, RCN_1966FireHorse said:

Mate,  They are at least trying to do something progressive in a ever changing game. 

 

Ever hear: You can please some of the People some of the time....  BUT You can never please ALL the People ALL the time. 

I can appreciate what you are saying but the last sentence you mad(e) I found a bit strong....  WG is spending "a lot" to keep the game fresh and of course not all changes all the time are welcome but as we all know that have been here for a awhile know they always have made it right one way or the other..... Now we have to be patient let them work on the complaints and see what is amicable for all of us concerned.... Treat this a a challenge and not give up just find ways of being more clever as we all do in real life.   

I would love to see WG and another mode to Warships like Co-Op,  Random, Missions.... ect.  To make a pure Historic Choice in the game menu where only Actual Historic Existing Ships can play, hoping that could appease some of the purist's that just want to play Standard WW2 Boats period.  It can be done I just hope that the idea is looked at.  

Blessing Mates Hope To See You All In Game For Many Years To Come.

Not ever "progress" is good, this is one a f... s.....

I never see they work so fast for nerf a ship to useless like they did to hak. So i need patient for they balance the cvs to be a bit good but i cant be mad if they work that fast for nerf it to useless (like the rest of all cvs new)? Common.

 

I just hope wg ban my acc so i can stop be addict to this s*** because its make me really bad/sad see what they doing with this game, makes me want vomit ever time i try play with the new carriers for "give it a chance".

  • Cool 2
  • Meh 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
358 posts
10,996 battles
2 minutes ago, HyenaHiena said:

Not ever "progress" is good, this is one a f... s.....

I never see they work so fast for nerf a ship to useless like they did to hak. So i need patient for they balance the cvs to be a bit good but i cant be mad if they work that fast for nerf it to useless (like the rest of all cvs new)? Common.

 

I just hope wg ban my acc so i can stop be addict to this s*** because its make me really bad/sad see what they doing with this game, makes me want vomit ever time i try play with the new carriers for "give it a chance".

You know there was sometime awhile back I was miffed with the game (Many Reasons) And a mate replied and said to the effect: "Mate do as I did take some time away take a break for a bit come back with a fresh perspective."   So with me with less than half the battles you have fought and already taken 2 WOWS Holiday's in 3 years it does help.  Best Wishes and Hope you can make it through this with all of us. 

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
409
[TDG]
Members
1,853 posts
13,940 battles
2 minutes ago, RCN_1966FireHorse said:

You know there was sometime awhile back I was miffed with the game (Many Reasons) And a mate replied and said to the effect: "Mate do as I did take some time away take a break for a bit come back with a fresh perspective."   So with me with less than half the battles you have fought and already taken 2 WOWS Holiday's in 3 years it does help.  Best Wishes and Hope you can make it through this with all of us. 

The "Take a break" suggestion is sounding better all the time.

I have a couple things I want to accomplish first, but I expect I will be taking a break very soon.  (I just hope Alaska doesn't come and go before I return.)

  • Cool 3
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
90
[LTNY]
Members
369 posts
6,355 battles

Bad, just bad.

You guys realize that most fights for the Lexington and Shokaku are against T9/10 ships? The AAA in those ships can obliterate squadrons in a blink.

  • Cool 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×