You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Random Thoughts from Deep R'lyeh: Surprised by my own progress; where next?

3 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
8,118 posts
5,524 battles

Tech tree only; premiums don't count here.

Great Britain: Cruisers T10, Battleships T8, destroyers T7; carriers pending (will probably go to at least T8 as they are going to give away a permacamo in an ongoing collection). Daring would be nice, but I'd be happy to stop at Lightning for a while; I hear she's a really good ship to stop at if you're not desperate for Daring, and I already have her collection permacamo.

USA: Cruisers T8 (CA and CL); destroyers T8; battleships not started, in no hurry; Carriers T6.

USSR: Cruisers T5, destroyers T6. Intending to go up to Kiev and stop; cruisers undecided.

Pan-Asia: Destroyers, T7 and content to stop there.

France: Battleships, T8; cruisers T6. Vague thoughts of pushing on to Charles Martel.

Japan: Cruisers, T6; destroyers, T6; battleships, T5; Carriers T4 (just before the rework).

Germany: Cruisers, T7; destroyers, T6; battleships, T4.

With three exceptions, I'm clear of those ships that are ineligible to win Dailies and compete in events.

German battleships: If I load flags and go for broke, I can probably get through KM T4 BB Kaiser in not too many random games before the door closes on free captain retraining (at close of play tomorrow evening).

US battleships: Never started the line and am in no hurry to do so, for some odd bizarre reason. Maybe someday down the track; too much else on my plate right now.

Japanese carriers: if not for the rework, I'd be stacking flags and going for broke to T6. However, the completely different game mechanic means that it's important to take my time over working through this. I'll probably grind a lot of it in co-op (and regrind the Langley as well, to as many XP as it would cost for the New Ranger) just to get the hang of it. Sure, I could cash them in... but that would involve regrinding them anew from the destroyers, and that would take more XP than I initially spent to get to them in the first place. Not a good move.

Never thought I'd be in this position a year ago. I'm pretty pleased with myself, and pretty pleased with the state of the game right now.

Yes, I am keeping my cool while the game suffers from its current bout of rework-itis.

Yes, I have faith in WG to get it right.

Yes, I will still be buying premiums (and another year of Warships Premium time in Christmas 2019).

No, I will not be buying crates unless I feel the guaranteed content (including the worst that RNGesus can serve up) is worth what I'm paying or has lasting value (e.g. tokens to buy ships, permacamos, or 10 point captains).

• Cool 1

[-GS-]
Beta Testers
2,289 posts
19,876 battles

I'm having second and third thoughts about WG and where all this is heading , I'm sorry that I have six years of premium time though and that's my fault for being stupid .   

Members
855 posts
5,273 battles
6 minutes ago, KURT_WOLFF said:

I'm having second and third thoughts about WG and where all this is heading , I'm sorry that I have six years of premium time though and that's my fault for being stupid .   

For me I'm going to wait and see, if I walk away like I did tanks then so be it, a lot of games I've left and never came back Warcraft comes to mind.