You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
dross3x3

Fired on intentionally by team mate

40 comments in this topic

[USA1]
Members
33 posts
13,198 battles

WOWS needs to do something about team mates that intentionally fire on their team mates.

On 02-06-2019, doing a Ranked battle I was fired on numerous times by my team mate [edited]. It was impossible for him to mistake me for the enemy since he had requested my aide numerous time yet fired on me so often that the enemy ships took notice  and tried to get him to stop firing on me! If WOWS is incapable of handling this type of gross action...at least allow the ship being fired on to defend their self with out being punished! WOWS did caution the offending player but he continued until the enemy came to my aide and sunk him!

WOWS, DO SOMETHING MORE THE JUST WARN, either impose immediate action for the second time of so called friendly fire or allow the ship being fired on to return fire!!!

• Bad 2

[55TH]
Beta Testers
955 posts
3,394 battles

First off, you'll probably want to edit the name out, they don't allow "name and shame".

Secondly, there is an automated system that will deal with team damage/team kills.  If you do enough damage or teamkill, you'll turn pink.  If you continue down that path, you will start receiving bans, which increase in length.

You could try sending the replay to support, but it is very likely that you will simply be told that an automated system deals with such things.

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
393 posts
12,184 battles

First.....don’t name the other player....edit that out of your post....it’s a forum violation to name and shame and will get YOU in trouble.  Second....there is a system in place to deal with stuff like this....he will turn pink if he continues to damage teammates...then he will go orange and be unable to play in anything but co-op.  If he continues to do team damage after his “orange” penalty it will happen again.  If he continues after that he will eventually be perma-banned from the game.

Edited by RumpledSteelskins

[WOLF2]
Members
393 posts
12,184 battles
3 minutes ago, Gasboy said:

First off, you'll probably want to edit the name out, they don't allow "name and shame".

Secondly, there is an automated system that will deal with team damage/team kills.  If you do enough damage or teamkill, you'll turn pink.  If you continue down that path, you will start receiving bans, which increase in length.

Lol....you beat me to it!!! 

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,186 posts
12,192 battles

WG doesn't care about teamkilling, they have a system in place that has no real penalties and they think its enough.

Members
631 posts
11 battles

Its no biggee, they do barely any damage. Just move on, heck I try to tk low health division mates and steal kills from them. Just kinding...kinda..

• Bad 1

[WGA]
Administrator
800 posts
454 battles

Hello Captain,

As stated above there is a system in place to deal with team-killing. 

Please do not name and shame other players on the forum.

Thanks!

[ARGSY]
Members
8,153 posts
5,538 battles
11 minutes ago, dross3x3 said:

either impose immediate action for the second time of so called friendly fire or allow the ship being fired on to return fire!!!

World of Tanks does the latter, IIRC, but the trouble is that it enables you to kill a teammate who honestly screwed up and might have gone on to redeem themselves and carry the match.

If they keep on doing it long enough, the damage actually gets reflected back onto them; in effect, they kill themselves.

[H_]
Members
1,256 posts

And thus, it is said to the masses, an thus,  So let it be written and So let it be done..........

[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
4,482 posts
14,436 battles

@dross3x3 and @iKami the automated system is insufficient for such as reported here. Players must be encouraged to report such in a support ticket with replay and those reports must be acted upon and if the replay shows the team damage was intentional the offender's account should be suspended for 1 day for 1st offence, 3 for the 2nd and then 9, 27 etc days for subsequent offences.

• Cool 1

Members
20,840 posts
5,617 battles
11 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

World of Tanks does the latter, IIRC, but the trouble is that it enables you to kill a teammate who honestly screwed up and might have gone on to redeem themselves and carry the match.

Unless they changed it, to turn blue and be eligible to be TKed, you had to have a very unfavourable enemy/team damage ratio.

That meant a blue player was either somebody who was a habitual TKer, or was so constantly careless and consistently did so little damage to the enemy, in which case they were not going to be carrying and redeeming ever.

[TBW]
Members
6,986 posts
12,911 battles
17 minutes ago, iKami said:

Hello Captain,

As stated above there is a system in place to deal with team-killing. 

Please do not name and shame other players on the forum.

Thanks!

How can you shame some one who shamed themselves.

Members
858 posts
5,278 battles
4 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

+1 I never understood the naming and shaming, hell there are people who like to stat shame, don't much see a difference myself..

• Cool 3

Members
20,840 posts
5,617 battles
10 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

That's just it though. Without a replay, how do you know they shamed themselves?

For all we know, the OP griefed the other player into TKing him.

Same reason they only notify you that a convicted sex offender is moving into your neighbourhood, but not a suspected one.

If we were allowed to "name and shame", I wouldn't be surprised if people that disagreed with other people "shamed" them for things they didn't do, or for some (at least semi-) justifiable reason, as a more serious form of downvoting.

Edited by Skpstr

Members
20,840 posts
5,617 battles
2 minutes ago, khorender_1 said:

+1 I never understood the naming and shaming, hell there are people who like to stat shame, don't much see a difference myself..

The difference is, if somebody gets stat shamed, we can very quickly discern if the shamer is telling the truth.

Whether someone deserves to be shamed or not is always going to be a matter of opinion, but nobody should be soliciting those opinions without presenting the whole story.

[-BRS-]
[-BRS-]
Members
2,063 posts
14,821 battles

Kind of begs the question why would somebody be shooting you:Smile_facepalm:

Members
858 posts
5,278 battles
4 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

The difference is, if somebody gets stat shamed, we can very quickly discern if the shamer is telling the truth.

Whether someone deserves to be shamed or not is always going to be a matter of opinion, but nobody should be soliciting those opinions without presenting the whole story.

And yet it persists because people like to discount what someone says if their stats are at a certain % , so yes there is still shaming if the person feels that way compared to a forum policy,  I personally don't care what people think of mine yet it's lame when someone throws it out there.

Members
858 posts
5,278 battles
2 minutes ago, silverdahc said:

Not really just look at some of the comments on here and you can see how it rolls over into the game..

[NOOBS]
[NOOBS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
589 posts
13,059 battles

You must have done something to deserve it.   People at tier 9 don't just say hey I want to shoot a teammate.    Ranked has been awful, yet another BETA game mode put into the live server.

Members
878 posts
5,079 battles
8 minutes ago, silverdahc said:

If you look at his Ranked stats you will find the answer. 

• Cool 1

[55TH]
Beta Testers
955 posts
3,394 battles
4 minutes ago, HooplaJones said:

You must have done something to deserve it.   People at tier 9 don't just say hey I want to shoot a teammate.    Ranked has been awful, yet another BETA game mode put into the live server.

Eeeh, no, jerks appear at all tiers and in all games.  Some people get enjoyment from teamkilling.

[--O--]
Members
227 posts

I'm literally sitting here laughing at people... There is NO REASON to ever intentionally shoot another player ever period doesnt matter what they said or did in the game no reason for it and to do so is immature on the person part no matter what. Anyone who thinks its ok under any circumstance need to grow the hell up. 

I completely agree there needs to be a much stiffer penalty for Tk or intentional Shooting a player. For me I think WGing should allow us to send in a ticket with replay and if they see a intentional tk or shooting then ban the person for a week 1st offense, 2nd offense permaban. This would require a little common since and brains to simply look and say. Yes it was intentional or No it was accidental (bad player or friend popping a friend for giggles "only to be done in division"

Or we can solve the entire problem bu simply turning off friendly fire then it is and can never be an issue.

[-TIC-]
Members
393 posts
2,379 battles

One solution would be to tag the offending player with damage reflect earlier. For example after doing over 15% of total ship damage to a player. One torp or shell might accidentally hit a team mate, but if the damage persists after that, it's usually intentional. The early damage reflect status will probably help to deter intentional team damage that way.

[-BRS-]
[-BRS-]
Members
2,063 posts
14,821 battles

Or if you're a bot or if you're intentionally throwing games I don't know that PR is pretty  bad:Smile_facepalm:

[SCREW]
Members
583 posts
5,932 battles
1 hour ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

WG doesn't care about teamkilling, they have a system in place that has no real penalties and they think its enough.

Got fired on 4 times by a BB one match because he thought I wasn't far enough up.... wargaming doesnt give a flying fox about the toxic behavior in the chat that went with... nope... EULA enforced on a whim, and support just spews out the same copy and paste [edited] on all the tickets you send in no matter the situation. 

Customer support in many ways is the "face" of your business, treat it like a chore and people start to move away from your products, its just a matter of time.

• Cool 1