Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheDreadnought

Tried GC last night for the first time in a long time. . .

12 comments in this topic

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,216 posts

It is indeed super-powerful for Tier 5.  I was crushing people.

That said, I was the only GC in the match.  I don't see them all that often in my Tier 6 or Tier 7 games.  It's hardly flooding the server.  I bet most people, like myself, rarely even play it, even if they own it.

I think nerfing premiums is a big mistake.  Just ban them and re-use the model as a sister ship.  For instance, GC has a sister that could be the Tier 6 version.

If you're going to adjust premiums, how about buffing the many under-powered premiums out there to make them more competitive?!  That will drive a lot more revenue by selling those improved ships, than nerfing a single ship will.

• Cool 1

Members
1,548 posts
13,186 battles

I have a GC, and have rarely played it.  Do not have enough time to play all the ships I have, and GC is not in my list of favorites.  While don’t play it much, do have a concern about moving it to tier 6.  As a solo player, get up tiered in randoms most of the time, and get up tiered two levels about 40 to 50% of the time.  Can not imagine taking GC into a tier 8 match - up against Alabama’s, Massachusetts, NCs, Kii, Amagis, Tirpitz & Bismarcks.  Against tier 8 carriers, cruisers and DDs.  As people have said will go from OP at 5 to Meh at tier 6

[-BUI-]
Members
561 posts
2,537 battles

GC gets eaten alive by CVs anyway, even T6 CVs and CERTAINLY T8 CVs if she's moved up.   GC has one of the weaker AA suites.

[55TH]
Beta Testers
935 posts
3,385 battles
39 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

That said, I was the only GC in the match.  I don't see them all that often in my Tier 6 or Tier 7 games.  It's hardly flooding the server.  I bet most people, like myself, rarely even play it, even if they own it.

I think nerfing premiums is a big mistake.  Just ban them and re-use the model as a sister ship.  For instance, GC has a sister that could be the Tier 6 version.

If you're going to adjust premiums, how about buffing the many under-powered premiums out there to make them more competitive?!  That will drive a lot more revenue by selling those improved ships, than nerfing a single ship will.

Whoa whoa whoa, back up a sec.

So, you're suggesting that instead of actually fixing the problem, WG should stop selling it, reuse the assets... and then DOUBLE DIP by offering the ship again.

Do you know how many people would kick and scream over that?

No, dude.  Making the ship less overpowered is a far better solution.

• Cool 1

[SEOP]
Members
1,474 posts
8,233 battles
44 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

^This.   Was thinking the very same thing last night.  I have a ton of crap-premiums I've been suckered into buying over the years.  They are so bad they just sit in my boat garage collecting dust.  How about instead of neutering one of the few decent low tier premiums, try down-tiering some of the shyte premiums.  

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
2,553 posts
13,881 battles
46 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

Nerfing ships IS the solution, Nerfing ships is far better then buffing, at least in the macro POV.

• Bad 1

[HELLS]
Members
1,858 posts
18,024 battles

If you are going to move Belfast up to T8, give here her North Cape shape (i.e. Edinburgh's with slightly better AA), with the radar/spotter plane option, slighly reduced heal similar to Fiji's, and smoke. That is all she needs. Then the RN will have a real premium T8 cruiser and at that tier she will see lots of radar ships that can handle her and will not be overpowered. Another upgrade slot option at T8 for an improved AA build (Pacific Fleet upgrade, which she actually got) would be neat but is not essential. She is already a strong ship, but not overpowered because power creep has lowered her effectiveness.

As for Guilio Cesare, if you move her up, she needs an AA and 1 knot speed buff othewise she will not survive the rain from the air and the superior T8 surface ships, even with improved armor and faster loading guns with improved shells. I still do not like the idea of nerfing Premiums but the EULA says what it says and no amount of complaining is going to change it. WG  will do as they please

EDIT: In the meantime, my wallet is on hold for purchases....

Edited by GrandAdmiral_2016

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,272 posts
10,438 battles
50 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

Yeah pretty much this ^

I think it will be great at tier 6 with the small buffs it will get. Will certainly be more valuable.

[ARGSY]
Members
7,963 posts
5,457 battles
52 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

For instance, GC has a sister that could be the Tier 6 version.

The problem with this is that if you want an Italian battleship line, that sister-ship needs to be in the tech tree if it's the ONLY other one in that class.

[STAR]
Members
2,954 posts
8,064 battles
52 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

This ^^ Just remove GC from the game and make a sister ship or a GC 2.0 at T6 or a nerfed one at T5. 

IMO nerfing/changing premium ship is the worst possible way. 

[SAVAG]
[SAVAG]
Members
320 posts
49 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

The problem with this is that if you want an Italian battleship line, that sister-ship needs to be in the tech tree if it's the ONLY other one in that class.

Actually the Conte class BBs were supplemented by the Andrea Doria class. So they could actually be put in the game as the regular line ship

Also if they want to rework the ship just make it the Russian BB  Novorossiysk. Keeping all this nonsense from happening and introducing a new ship reworked and redone for T6.

This will keep the players who aquiered the Gulio happy they have a unique ship. While WG. Has their new improved T6 to sell. Win-win

Sign in to follow this