Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Snargfargle

I Really Like the New CV Mechanic!

8 comments in this topic

[PSP]
Members
7,923 posts
10,494 battles

I finally unlocked the Midway. After over two years of grinding the USN line it's my last tier X of that line. I don't have it fully upgraded yet as I'm low on credits but I really like how the new CVs play. It's really fun and exciting lining up target runs, dodging flak, then spinning around for another attack. The ability to use several types of load-outs in the same match makes it even more fun.  I really sucked with CVs under the old system. So much so that I stopped playing them altogether. One of the reasons for the rework was to enable "average" players like me to have fun with CVs once again. I think that WG has admirably attained this goal. I'm sure with a few tweaks all CVs will be balanced into the game. The Midway already is -- it's neither too powerful nor too under-powered.  Most Midway players I've seen fall somewhere in the top third of the order but very rarely do they dominate, as unicums did pre-8.0.

What's making me the happiest is that I can finally play a ship type where I can be "average" at the game. In this game I've attained about the average for the rework Midway on the NA server.

Midway  10 Aircraft Carrier U.S.A. 11 013 48.99 % 0.83 75 892 1 932 6.21

image.thumb.png.4243121d1243f4f1e930a4cc8698f309.png

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 1

[PSV]
[PSV]
Members
266 posts
8,190 battles
3 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I finally unlocked the Midway. After over two years of grinding the USN line it's my last tier X of that line. I don't have it fully upgraded yet as I'm low on credits but I really like how the new CVs play. It's really fun and exciting lining up target runs, dodging flak, then spinning around for another attack. The ability to use several types of load-outs in the same match makes it even more fun.  I really sucked with CVs under the old system. So much so that I stopped playing them altogether. One of the reasons for the rework was to enable "average" players like me to have fun with CVs once again. I think that WG has admirably attained this goal. I'm sure with a few tweaks all CVs will be balanced into the game. The Midway already is -- it's neither too powerful nor too under-powered.  Most Midway players I've seen fall somewhere in the top third of the order but very rarely do they dominate, as unicums did pre-8.0.

What's making me the happiest is that I can finally play a ship type where I can be "average" at the game. In this game I've attained about the average for the rework Midway on the NA server.

Have you played any DD since the rework?

[WORX]
Members
2,552 posts
13,870 battles
2 minutes ago, lipiru said:

Have you played any DD since the rework?

I have... Its a gamble especially with 3 CVs at each side... You either sink them all or fail to do so. Due to CVs practicing their aiming on you... Dodging torps/bombs/rockets is well easy or chaotic.

Members
20,704 posts
5,599 battles

That's why I'm sticking with mid tiers for the time being.

In a CV, I'm able to support my team with spotting, fighter cover for DDs over caps, as well as a modicum of damage.

In a DD, I'm not having any problems with CVs, although yeah, the presence of planes does encourage some caution, just like it did before the rework.

In BB/CA, I'm able to basically ignore planes, and even at their worst, they're less threatening than pre-rework planes.

And often, (maybe even most of the time) only 1 CV per side, and even the odd game with none.

[PSV]
[PSV]
Members
266 posts
8,190 battles
2 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

image.thumb.png.b5e861a6bfaead5883639b437c3de9ec.png

Good for you mate.

[NUWES]
Members
1,918 posts
6,281 battles
41 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

^I'm 100% with you on this. For the first time I've actually enjoyed playing CVs. I enjoy the visuals of the flak and AA fire and the planes coming info a dive bomb. I also like the visuals of the planes bursting into flames and crashing when shot down (even if it sucks that it was my planes). 

Members
20,704 posts
5,599 battles
1 minute ago, Tzarevitch said:

^I'm 100% with you on this. For the first time I've actually enjoyed playing CVs. I enjoy the visuals of the flak and AA fire and the planes coming info a dive bomb. I also like the visuals of the planes bursting into flames and crashing when shot down (even if it sucks that it was my planes). 

Yeah, whatever you think about the power of CVs, the gameplay is a lot more consistent with the rest of the game than it was previously.

Sign in to follow this