Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Squib_Surefire

Shards map changes

5 comments in this topic

[1NJS]
Members
79 posts
5,418 battles

WG, why do you spend effort and resources changing an existing map rather work on new maps?

Just looking at the changes this change looks to me to dumb the play down even further for the morons that cannot think for themselves, hell I would even say it dumbs it down to the level of the muppets that can not even do a simple search on youtube for the map strategy.  They are there, it just take a little bit of willingness to type in 18 characters on your keyboard but you insist on pandering to the lowest common denominator.   

Here, let me give you a brief overview of the map strategy for Shards:   If you spawn bottom right, the bottom left cap is your free cap, going to the top cap in through the big hole on your side is a deathtrap.  On the other side of the map it is the exact reverse and the main fight is 99% of the time at the center cap.   Being able to focus as many guns as possible into the center cap will increase your chances of winning.  Avoid going north of the mountain range also known as the wall of fail at the north cap and avoid the south of the southern wall of fail will keep your guns in the fight longer.   Simple, not rocket science.

Edited by Squib_Surefire
  • Bad 1

[INR]
Members
655 posts
3,719 battles
Just now, Squib_Surefire said:

Here, let me give you a brief overview of the map strategy for Shards:   If you spawn bottom right, the bottom left cap is your free cap, going to the top cap in through the big hole on your side is a deathtrap.  On the other side of the map it is the exact reverse and the main fight is 99% of the time at the center cap.   Being able to focus as many guns as possible into the center cap will increase your chances of winning.  Simple, not rocket science.

That's how it looks on paper, but people always insist on pushing the opposing cap, and they often come out on top due to brute force. The Shards rework is welcome in my book. Heck, I'd even call it long overdue.

[1NJS]
Members
79 posts
5,418 battles

Ok, but is a change to a map, to mix up the tactics, better than a new map, with new tactics, that will also give you a wider variety of maps to play on?

[INTEL]
Members
6,886 posts
27,552 battles

I think the Shards new changes are good and I consider it an improvement. It was always a bad funnel on one side or the other (depending on your spawn) and people always went to the wrong one. This makes them less of a funnel and now both sides are more or less equal. Will see more when I test it in the PT.

[1NJS]
Members
79 posts
5,418 battles

You are missing my point or you are willfully ignoring what I am saying... I will use small words for you:    

Is a new map not better than a change to an old map?

Sign in to follow this