Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ski206

Premium ship nerfs coming

161 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

122
[TF-62]
Members
168 posts
6,261 battles

Just in case you thought the planned GC nerf was going to be a one time event.  SubOctavian makes clear in the screen spotted thread below that they are planning to systematically work their way through any premium that they deem to be out performing and nerf them. 

Knowing that they will now nerf any premium ship at any time for any reason why would anyone buy premium ships in the future? Because you pretty much have to assume that at some point the “Gudboat” you bought will get turned into at best a “Mehboat” or perhaps outright garbage. 

13A0EBD6-9ADE-447D-92B2-22FF252298E4.jpeg

  • Cool 9
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2
  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
222
[90THD]
[90THD]
Members
2,904 posts
2,242 battles

@Ski206 You are aware they updated their policy a LONG WHILE BACK that premium ships can be subjected to changes as needed?

  • Cool 4
  • Bad 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,826
[ARGSY]
Members
8,153 posts
5,538 battles

The people who bought Giulio when she was on sale directly for money MOSTLY got her at a time when her overperformance wasn't appreciated, and they were fortunate.

At least some of the people who squandered money on boxes to get her wanted to buy a pass to an exclusive group which had something other people didn't, IMO, and that's not something I like to see.

Relocating Giulio, or putting the Kami sisters (for instance) in at Tier 6 where they aren't overpowered Tier-4-BB-clubbing monsters or Belfast at Tier 8 where the T10 ships can keep her a little more in check and she can't beat up on T5 DDs or Emeralds, potentially makes them accessible to everyone. Is that a problem for you? Is that your issue? Because if it is, I want no part of your complaint.

Bear in mind that if Giulio and the Kamis go to T6, they can take part in ops where the opposing ships are their food. If Belfast goes to T8, she becomes eligible for Cherry Blossom (when it returns) and contribution to the permanent campaigns. But some people only want to see the negatives in any change, not the new opportunities that open.

  • Cool 9
  • Bad 22

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,131
[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
6,034 posts
7,976 battles

All we may be reasonably sure of, is that the ship models (e.g skins) which we have paid for remain in our ports, and remain accessible for battles. (Although even this is conditional on certain things, such as respecting rulz, or Dev whimsy, end of the universe, meteor strikes). We whould, on the contrary, expect the stats of all ships, premiums included, to change, as the rest of the game changes.

Please read the TOS before buying anything for real world cash, in WOWS. https://worldofwarships.com/en/content/docs/terms-service/

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
122
[TF-62]
Members
168 posts
6,261 battles
9 minutes ago, Hurlbut said:

@Ski206 You are aware they updated their policy a LONG WHILE BACK that premium ships can be subjected to changes as needed?

I’m well aware of what the EULA says. But WG had stated on multiple occasions in the past that they would not nerf OP premiums because that would violate the trust of the player base. They would just be removed from sale. If you can point to statements to the contrary before this mess started I’d be quite interested. 

  • Cool 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
108
[PT]
Members
362 posts
1,432 battles

Meh.. GC is the only premium I have and I don't use it much anyway. It's poor dispersion, weak side armour and woeful AA make it annoying. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,120
[HYDRO]
Members
2,259 posts
4,211 battles
5 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

All we may be reasonably sure of, is that the ship models (e.g skins) which we have paid for remain in our ports, and remain accessible for battles. (Although even this is conditional on certain things, such as respecting rulz, or Dev whimsy, end of the universe, meteor strikes). We whould, on the contrary, expect the stats of all ships, premiums included, to change, as the rest of the game changes.

Please read the TOS before buying anything for real world cash, in WOWS. https://worldofwarships.com/en/content/docs/terms-service/

 

I am certain quite a few people will take to reading the EULA and TOS. This in itself is something positive.

As for the change itself, I think LWM's proposal on a different thread made quite a bit of sense. Don't touch the OP ships in question, embargo them from being sold in any form (lootboxes included), but at the same time make clear that from now on absolutely everything is bound to change if it is found to be overperforming.

Edited by warheart1992

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
213
[INR]
Members
675 posts
3,756 battles
18 minutes ago, Ski206 said:

Just in case you thought the planned GC nerf was going to be a one time event.  SubOctavian makes clear in the screen spotted thread below that they are planning to systematically work their way through any premium that they deem to be out performing and nerf them. 

Knowing that they will now nerf any premium ship at any time for any reason why would anyone buy premium ships in the future? Because you pretty much have to assume that at some point the “Gudboat” you bought will get turned into at best a “Mehboat” or perhaps outright garbage. 

13A0EBD6-9ADE-447D-92B2-22FF252298E4.jpeg

While I am against the GC tier change due to the fact that people bought a tier 5, I am very much not opposed to them reworking premiums within their tier. Belfast is a beautiful ship that I wish I could have in my port (and visit in real life), but due to her "OP" status, there's no way for me to get her outside of gatcha.

Look, I get it. You don't want your precious toys nerfed. I wouldn't either, but to keep certain historical ships locked in a vault because "OP" really hurts. Do what you want with paper ships, but if historical ships should just not be on an unattainable pedestal.

Even if HMS Exeter gets the nerf hammer some time down the line, I will happily keep and continue playing her. Potential nerfs will not in any way prevent me from throwing credits/doubloons/coal/steel/my firstborn child at WG for the privilege of owning her.

Edited by WuYixiang
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
617
[STAR]
Members
2,955 posts
8,064 battles

For sure its not a one time event, WG Just nerfed Kron and Stalingrad. And now they might do the same with GC. 

 

One thing im sure, im not going to buy premium ships again.

Edited by Xlap
  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27
[GOOF]
Members
78 posts
3,658 battles

I bought Cesare when she first came out not because she's OP but because she's an Italian ship.

     I love Italian ships, I'm italian american and WG doesn't seem to like Italian anything very much. 

    Why then are the Italian ships which are ALL premiums because of this bias being nerfed when I paid good money for them and like them the way they are. 

     Balance WG let's talk your CV patch where a CV can relentlessly and infinitely attack you and you are helpless.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,131
[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
6,034 posts
7,976 battles
12 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

I am certain quite a few people will take to reading the EULA and TOS. This in itself is something positive.

As for the change itself, I think LWM's proposal on a different thread made quite a bit of sense. Don't touch the OP ships in question, embargo them from being sold in any form (lootboxes included), but at the same time make clear that from now on absolutely everything is bound to change if it is found to be overperforming.

Ships such as Belfast and Nikolai were embargoed, only to be released via lootboxes, as the Finance Dept spied a cunning and profitable way to milk player credit cards via the rarity and OP desirability, created by the embargo to start with.

A better or worse example, is Graf Zeppelin, I am currently playing my third revised and reworked iteration of her! Removed from sale, never sold since, not even in crates, AND, nerfed, (albeit still enjoyable.) This is not something Mouse would agree to, but I think it it is the right thing to do. Remove from sale/crates/whatever, AND nerf/rebalance/revise.

  • Cool 1
  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
295
[G0ATS]
[G0ATS]
Members
1,165 posts
6,979 battles

If we don't own these ships, why can I "rent" a Le Terrible? Such [edited], they've milked all the money they can for these ships, released OP intentionally I'll guaranty... Now they want to nerf and re-release them, probably still slightly OP to milk more money out of people. It's not really hard to think like a company that's desperate for profits because their overheard is ginormous.

 

 

EJ

Edited by HorrorRoach

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49
[USMC3]
[USMC3]
Beta Testers
239 posts
10,934 battles

So if we do not want our favorite premium ship nerfed,  we need to make her stats suck. Got it 

  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
1,597 posts
3,811 battles

@Sub_Octavian Publish the list of the ships that are being tuned please it’s only fair considering I gave you $2,000 plus. If you can’t please go into detail on what these rebalancings mean or what changes are being considered? Is Wargaming going to down tier as well as uptier ships to “repair” them?

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
874 posts
17,083 battles

Anything you spend anything on in this game is subject to change. If you're uncomfortable about buying something that may well be changed, don't buy it.

And any changes they make on already-purchased items should only strengthen one's resolve to not spend a dime on any WG item, ever.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,619
[INTEL]
Members
6,909 posts
27,705 battles

I disagree with changes (nerfs) to ships we paid money for. I do agree with retiring from sale like Gremy, Kutuzov or Belfast for example (should not even be added to containers).

  • Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,120
[HYDRO]
Members
2,259 posts
4,211 battles
16 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

Ships such as Belfast and Nikolai were embargoed, only to be released via lootboxes, as the Finance Dept spied a cunning and profitable way to milk player credit cards via the rarity and OP desirability, created by the embargo to start with.

A better or worse example, is Graf Zeppelin, I am currently playing my third revised and reworked iteration of her! Removed from sale, never sold since, not even in crates, AND, nerfed, (albeit still enjoyable.) This is not something Mouse would agree to, but I think it it is the right thing to do. Remove from sale/crates/whatever, AND nerf/rebalance/revise.

This is one part of the lootbox culture that we could do without, though from a business standpoint WG's decision makes sense.

Regarding GZ, she is a prime example of why you shouldn't balance by committee, at least for the second iteration. 

Personally I got almost nothing to lose. I got GC for free thanks to the returning player program, had a good time in her for a while and now she is mothballed. I can imagine how people that spent hard cash on her could be mistrustful of WG however.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
238
[55TH]
Beta Testers
955 posts
3,394 battles
5 minutes ago, Jaynie said:

So if we do not want our favorite premium ship nerfed,  we need to make her stats suck. Got it 

Hyperbole much?  It doesn't have to suck.  It shouldn't make other ships suck when compared to it, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
238
[55TH]
Beta Testers
955 posts
3,394 battles
1 minute ago, alexf24 said:

I disagree with changes (nerfs) to ships we paid money for. I do agree with retiring from sale like Gremy, Kutuzov or Belfast for example (should not even be added to containers).

And how does that solve balance issues when it comes to game modes like ranked?  When those lucky enough to have purchased said OP premium ship have a clear advantage over other players in that game mode?

  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
284 posts
3,196 battles

My criteria for buying ships will definitely change.   Probably won't be spending dollars for ships much anymore, just picking them up from Arsenal for in game currency like coal or steel. 

Bye to spending $$ on the Premium shop purchases and also to the Tech Tree Premium ships requiring doubloons (which also cost $).   The only time I'll likely spend money will be for something I really want that I can't get any other way, think Missouri, Indianapolis, Atlanta, Alabama, and HSF Graf Spee in my case, and I already have these.  For instance I bought the Alabama because I don't think I'll ever get to the NC, the Colorado is just so slow and boring to play, which is another reason to pass on the 2 WV premium ships.  That will probably be typical for me going forward, I'm not saying I won't spend anything, just less than I have recently for ships.

Which also means I won't be needing any more loot boxes.  I can pick flags and camo up other places. 

I might actually save some money, who knows.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
336
[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
1,706 posts

This will also allow WG to fix some "micro" nerfs done to ships and buff under-performing ships - hopefully.  As long as they swing the blade both ways I will be content.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
631 posts
11 battles
6 minutes ago, alexf24 said:

I disagree with changes (nerfs) to ships we paid money for. I do agree with retiring from sale like Gremy, Kutuzov or Belfast for example (should not even be added to containers).

keep in mind none of those ships are any where near as strong as they once were, with the  stealth firing and smoke firing nerfs. They are still good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
631 posts
11 battles

My fear and long time complaint is they we are at a cannibalization saturation point. Just keep pumping up out new premiums, nerf old ships to make the new ones seem good. Buff new ones to outperform the old. It's exciting to get new ships, it's not exciting to see hundreds and thousands of dollars of inventory not be able to compete with new ships.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,362 posts
1,510 battles

I think this means a few things:

1.  WG is somewhat worried that lootboxes won't be a thing anymore (for at least some of their servers).  No more paying for the chance to win an OP ship.

2.  There is then no way to monetize current ships that have been removed from circulation.

3.  WG is less worried about the players that have already acquired these ships than they are about the new players that would buy them.

I am not supporting WG on this.  Just some observations of what WGs thoughts might be.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×