You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Kraken Unleashed: Time for a reward change, IMO, but what?

10 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
8,118 posts
5,524 battles

Once upon a time, Equal Speed Charlie London flags (50% ship XP boost) were not that easy to obtain, and being able to grab one, guaranteed, by killing five ships was something.

Now ESCL flags are handed out like candy - it's theoretically possible to get nine in one day just by playing the game for long enough - and so I think something bigger and/or better is required.

What do you think is reasonable and appropriate to hand out for this achievement in the current economy? A camo or three (and which one)? One of the Draconic flags that gives ship, captain and free XP boosts? (Leviathan seems appropriate for the Kraken achievement, don't you think?)

I wouldn't nominate doubloons, even in a small quantity - Krakens aren't rare enough for that, IMO, and I don't think WG would want to go there, if only because of the seal-clubbing it would encourage.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[HYDRO]
Members
2,252 posts
4,211 battles

I would like to see something along the lines of 3-5 draconic flags, then a small bonus depending on which tier you got the Kraken in. So I would reward in addition for tiers I-V 100-150 coal, for tiers V-VII 200-300 coal and for tiers VIII-X 15-30 Steel. And since you can get them just once a day it's not a crazy amount to hand out.

Edited by warheart1992

Members
5,159 posts
9,646 battles

All heroics should just award coal instead of flags, so you can just buy flags you want. 

• Cool 4

[ARGSY]
Members
8,118 posts
5,524 battles
9 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

and for tiers VIII-X 15-30 Steel.

I really don't think steel is a good idea. A Kraken a day at those rates is  5475 - 10,950 steel, to give the maximal extreme. Together with other sources, that might add up a little too quickly. 

3 minutes ago, Pulicat said:

All heroics should just award coal instead of flags, so you can just buy flags you want. 

This post was inspired by a related one in which the devs announced that credits-for-combat-flags is coming in 8.1, so your suggestion becomes sort of moot. Nobody who's grinding for Salem or Jean Bart is going to blow coal on flags when they can use credits instead.

Both suggestions have the potential to inflate the coal economy and cause unpleasant things to happen to coal-ship prices. Much as I hunger for that glorious black currency, I'm not sure we want that.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[INR]
Members
675 posts
3,756 battles
17 minutes ago, Pulicat said:

Ok. Just give credit awards then, so people can just buy the flags they want. 

I'd be down for a credit award for Heroic Achievements, actually.

Flags outside of the Dragons have kind of lost their value in general, so... meh.

• Cool 1

[MIA-E]
Members
2,749 posts
7,608 battles
38 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I really don't think steel is a good idea. A Kraken a day at those rates is  5475 - 10,950 steel, to give the maximal extreme. Together with other sources, that might add up a little too quickly. 

This post was inspired by a related one in which the devs announced that credits-for-combat-flags is coming in 8.1, so your suggestion becomes sort of moot. Nobody who's grinding for Salem or Jean Bart is going to blow coal on flags when they can use credits instead.

Both suggestions have the potential to inflate the coal economy and cause unpleasant things to happen to coal-ship prices. Much as I hunger for that glorious black currency, I'm not sure we want that.

FINALLY.

I'm going to optimistically assume that this will actually happen still at prices which are reasonable :-)

[ARGSY]
Members
8,118 posts
5,524 battles
6 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

FINALLY.

I'm going to optimistically assume that this will actually happen still at prices which are reasonable :-)

@warheart1992 posited that the flags will go for twice their selling price in the Arsenal.

However, given that the likely target of this change is the people who are currently sitting on half a billion credits or more, there is every possibility that the price MIGHT be higher.