Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Erebthoron

Time to upgrade your OS! 8.1 will no longer support 32bit

14 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,664 posts
24,354 battles

From the PTS 8.1 patch notes:

With the Update 0.8.1, we will officially and permanently discontinue support of compatibility with 32-bit (x86) operating systems. All details on the subject are available in a separate article.

[U571]
Members
2,118 posts
14,107 battles

I am running 64 bit OS no issue.  But why did it load a 32-bit client to a machine running 64-bit Windows.

Members
1,289 posts
2,399 battles

Strange decision on WGs part don't alot of their Russian players play on older pcs which might not have 64 bit capability?

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
1,704 posts
4,001 battles
12 minutes ago, Krupp_Sabot said:

Strange decision on WGs part don't alot of their Russian players play on older pcs which might not have 64 bit capability?

That hasn't been true for years.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
11,018 posts

I wouldn't think that there were many machines out there still running 32-bit operating systems, at least not those operated by people who want to play video games. I built this computer ten years ago and installed 8 GB RAM and a 64-bit OS in it because those were the standard even back in late 2008.

A 64-bit dedicated game would probably solve a lot of the port lag issues that people have been talking about.

Edited by Snargfargle

Members
106 posts
11,595 battles

Hopefully they'll use this as a chance to fix the Mac wrapper, which is still 32 bits... so many crashes, and 8.0 has more stuttering/lags than 7.12...

[H_]
Members
712 posts
11,416 battles

I would think they will lose a fair amount of folks over making it 64bit only..  Not everyone can or want to upgrade their PC's.  or Can't afford to but they can play with what they have.. 

Time will tell..

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
11,018 posts

95 percent of PCs are currently running a 64-bit OS. I'd venture to say that most of those who aren't are not doing much 3-D gaming. Nvidia has already abandoned support for 32-bit operating systems.

Edited by Snargfargle

Members
1 post
189 battles
On 2/6/2019 at 9:48 AM, Snargfargle said:

95 percent of PCs are currently running a 64-bit OS. I'd venture to say that most of those who aren't are not doing much 3-D gaming. Nvidia has already abandoned support for 32-bit operating systems.

Lol, Im running Skyrim LE on 32 bit system perfectly fine... Well, it's sad, I wanted to play this game again, seem I'll go play [edited]. Good bye WG.

Edited by Templarz

[NWNG]
Members
3,039 posts
4,915 battles
1 hour ago, Templarz said:

Lol, Im running Skyrim LE on 32 bit system perfectly fine... Well, it's sad, I wanted to play this game again, seem I'll go play [edited]. Good bye WG.

First: Necroed thread has been necroed.

Second: Most operating systems today are 64-bit with 32-bit compatibility, so are you absolutely certain you're using a 32-bit operating system?

• Cool 1

[LOSC]
Members
481 posts

Third: 32 bit only supports 3.8 GB of system ram so why would anyone use it?????

Some of today's games are using up to 10Gb of system ram and of course Video cards are now being pushed to the max 

when I play GhostRecon-Breakpoint the game uses about 7 GB of my Video cards 8Gb DDR5 ram.

But hey you can always play Oregon Trail on your win98 system.

• Funny 1

Members
1,072 posts

1 hour ago, Counter_Gambit said:

First: Necroed thread has been necroed.

Second: Most operating systems today are 64-bit with 32-bit compatibility, so are you absolutely certain you're using a 32-bit operating system?

My question would be wth are you running on that would be using a 32-bit OS these days anyway?  

You have to go back to before the Core 2 chips, or have upgraded your Windows Vista or 7 over the top of XP, basically, to be running x86 (rather than x64).  Core 2 was released in 2006. 

Win 7 is EOL in a few months...

If you can't play WoWS because it doesn't support 32-bit OS, well, sorry, it's time to upgrade.

Sign in to follow this