Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Erebthoron

Time to upgrade your OS! 8.1 will no longer support 32bit

10 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,569 posts
20,090 battles

From the PTS 8.1 patch notes:

With the Update 0.8.1, we will officially and permanently discontinue support of compatibility with 32-bit (x86) operating systems. All details on the subject are available in a separate article.

[TBOW]
Members
1,503 posts
11,405 battles

I am running 64 bit OS no issue.  But why did it load a 32-bit client to a machine running 64-bit Windows.

Members
928 posts
2,399 battles

Strange decision on WGs part don't alot of their Russian players play on older pcs which might not have 64 bit capability?

[55TH]
Beta Testers
935 posts
3,385 battles
12 minutes ago, Krupp_Sabot said:

Strange decision on WGs part don't alot of their Russian players play on older pcs which might not have 64 bit capability?

That hasn't been true for years.

[PSP]
Members
7,923 posts
10,494 battles

I wouldn't think that there were many machines out there still running 32-bit operating systems, at least not those operated by people who want to play video games. I built this computer ten years ago and installed 8 GB RAM and a 64-bit OS in it because those were the standard even back in late 2008.

A 64-bit dedicated game would probably solve a lot of the port lag issues that people have been talking about.

Edited by Snargfargle

Members
73 posts
7,754 battles

Hopefully they'll use this as a chance to fix the Mac wrapper, which is still 32 bits... so many crashes, and 8.0 has more stuttering/lags than 7.12...

[H_]
Members
335 posts
8,285 battles

I would think they will lose a fair amount of folks over making it 64bit only..  Not everyone can or want to upgrade their PC's.  or Can't afford to but they can play with what they have.. 

Time will tell..

[PSP]
Members
7,923 posts
10,494 battles

95 percent of PCs are currently running a 64-bit OS. I'd venture to say that most of those who aren't are not doing much 3-D gaming. Nvidia has already abandoned support for 32-bit operating systems.

Edited by Snargfargle

Sign in to follow this