Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
warheart1992

Credit Hoarders rejoice!

12 comments in this topic

[HYDRO]
Members
2,225 posts
4,185 battles

From Dev Bulletin 0.8.1 near the end of the article https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/public-test/bulletin-081/

It’s now possible to exchange credits for combat signal bundles in the Arsenal.

Now this, this is something to be glad about :crab:.

Edited by warheart1992
  • Cool 4

[ARGSY]
Members
7,963 posts
5,457 battles

In B4 angry screaming demands for coal/doubloon refunds. :Smile_hiding:

I want to see the prices before I celebrate too loudly. That being said, this is an OUTSTANDING quality-of-life move.

I would ask for certain economic signals to receive the same treatment; on the other hand, resources containers throw those at us with decent regularity now. In fact, I would argue for the Kraken Unleashed reward to be changed and/or increased. Why fight so hard for a single Equal-Speed Charlie London flag when I can potentially get up to nine in one day simply by chugging away at the game? It should be some sort of juicy camo or maybe one of the newer Draconic flags (Leviathan would be rather appropriate, don't you think?).

[HYDRO]
Members
2,225 posts
4,185 battles
15 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

In B4 angry screaming demands for coal/doubloon refunds. :Smile_hiding:

I want to see the prices before I celebrate too loudly. That being said, this is an OUTSTANDING quality-of-life move.

We can theorize on the pricing a bit though of course all these are assumptions.

Since you can sell combat signals through the inventory, as with most such things in the game, you sell for half value. 

Juliet Charlie for example sells for 6k credits so by that logic it's worth 12k. A bundle of 20 should therefore cost 240.000 credits.

That said, because 240k is almost nothing if you have a tier IX premium or just use economic flags I believe there will be some limit to the max amount of signals you can get. Or simply the prices will move upwards to make getting the signals a tad harder.

Edited by warheart1992

[ARGSY]
Members
7,963 posts
5,457 battles
5 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Juliet Charlie for example sells for 6k credits so by that logic it's worth 12k. A bundle of 20 should therefore cost 240.000 credits.

Not a bad theory, although you may find it at 200K because of bulk discount or maybe even 250K to discourage obscene levels of hoarding.

One interesting consequence I predict is that people will utilise seldom-used flags as a credit bank. Buy while you are filthy rich, a little at a time, then sell after multi-ship grinds when you are dirt poor. Yes, you will take a loss, but the ability to maintain a savings account of sorts might be worth it. I also see the potential for flags to be capped out at a couple thousand, or maybe a couple hundred above whoever has the most of any one flag right now.

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Members
710 posts
5,099 battles
8 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Not a bad theory, although you may find it at 200K because of bulk discount or maybe even 250K to discourage obscene levels of hoarding.

One interesting consequence I predict is that people will utilise seldom-used flags as a credit bank. Buy while you are filthy rich, a little at a time, then sell after multi-ship grinds when you are dirt poor. Yes, you will take a loss, but the ability to maintain a savings account of sorts might be worth it. I also see the potential for flags to be capped out at a couple thousand, or maybe a couple hundred above whoever has the most of any one flag right now.

Well that would work as a 'rainy day' sort of fund, but that 50% penalty..  That seems a pretty good incentive to just temper expenditures to begin with.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
6,518 posts
19,359 battles

IMHO this is a great idea. We can stock up on signals when they are on sale and quit losing doubloons if we don't have the right "in game currency" selected with automatic resupply. This change is the only bright spot in all the changes of the past week or so. Finally something to make the game better instead of just making it different. .

[MIA-E]
Members
2,706 posts
7,586 battles

This is a good move for WG because it encourages people to spend credits, which encourages them to buy premium camos to afford their ships.

I'm happy because I'm tired of rationing certain types of flags (fire/speed flags I'm looking at you). Though I have 200+ of all of them so I guess it's a moot point unless I play that many games?

Sign in to follow this