You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Lady_Athena

Just had a DD sneak up and kill our CV's solo.

80 comments in this topic

[BLKRS]
[BLKRS]
Alpha Tester
700 posts
2,349 battles

Proving any DD player actually worthy of the title "good DD player" can still do everything they could before the rework. Seen this happen 3 times now, also seen DD's stealth cap still, and still get around teams. Actually requires a little thinking and skill now unlike before, but more than possible. Just sayin.

• Cool 6
  • Bad 12

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,107 posts
4,337 battles

I've done this myself once, and I'm by no means a good DD player or even a DD main. Almost did it twice, but the second match I attempted it it I was foiled by a Fiji and my own failure to equip premium smoke.

[BLKRS]
[BLKRS]
Alpha Tester
700 posts
2,349 battles
1 minute ago, Landsraad said:

I've done this myself once, and I'm by no means a good DD player or even a DD main. Almost did it twice, but the second match I attempted it it I was foiled by a Fiji and my own failure to equip premium smoke.

So I guess it means DD's are still just as capable of doing what you could before the rework even if you're not skilled. Thanks for the point.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 6

Members
1,245 posts
8,607 battles

Attempting to sneak up the flank and hunt enemy CV's is generally not a sign of a good DD player, even if it does work about 10% of the time.

• Cool 2

[WOLFB]
Members
2,058 posts
9,472 battles

It just means several things:

- The CV had "other priority" so he totally ignored DD

-That DD has been totally useless for at least 10min by sailing on the edge

-That DD spotted nothing so your team had to rely on the CV

Sniping CV has never been a good tactic even as a DD. DD can still be usefull but any player with a brain can make a DD useless by spamming torps at them, forcing DD to hug cruiser. Cruiser don't want to be the first one targeted so they went even further at the back behind BB and BB being BB they're already hugging border.

Edited by AlcatrazNC
  • Cool 8

Members
1,123 posts
7,679 battles

Not sure why you felt the need to share this anecdote with us. Why are you trying to prove DD are fine now? You're not a DD player, you've on several occasions expressed your dislike for DD and DD players. To me this comes off more as a desperate attempt to push a narrative and not a genuine post.

Edited by Rouxi
  • Cool 5

[LRM3]
[LRM3]
Members
503 posts
6,220 battles
5 minutes ago, AlcatrazNC said:

Sniping CV has never been a good tactic even as a DD. DD can still be usefull but any player with a brain can make a DD useless by spamming torps at them, forcing DD to hug cruiser. Cruiser don't want to be the first one targeted so they went even further at the back behind BB and BB being BB they're already hugging border.

I agree with this 100%. Also, just because a dd did happen to pull off a cv snipe doesn’t mean he was useful. He probably had a lot of pent up rage from the new cv gameplay and wanted to focus that cv. 

• Cool 2

[NOBS]
Members
1,014 posts
7,502 battles
16 minutes ago, Lady_Athena said:

Proving any DD player actually worthy of the title "good DD player" can still do everything they could before the rework. Seen this happen 3 times now, also seen DD's stealth cap still, and still get around teams. Actually requires a little thinking and skill now unlike before, but more than possible. Just sayin.

Maybe it was the first time for the CV driver, because it's getting harder and harder to get close to half map in a DD. 

[BLKRS]
[BLKRS]
Alpha Tester
700 posts
2,349 battles
23 minutes ago, Vaidency said:

Attempting to sneak up the flank and hunt enemy CV's is generally not a sign of a good DD player, even if it does work about 10% of the time.

19 minutes ago, AlcatrazNC said:

13 minutes ago, pastore123 said:

I agree with this 100%. Also, just because a dd did happen to pull off a cv snipe doesn’t mean he was useful. He probably had a lot of pent up rage from the new cv gameplay and wanted to focus that cv. 

Actually it was the sign of a very good DD player. He was in a gearing, and most of the battles were on the far right side of the map, both teams 80% of their ships were there. He was smart and aware enough to realize this. He also notiecd and realized where the planes were coming from. He took the initiative, and CV sniped in an opportune moment. It honestly won them the game.

You can keep making excuses of why suddenly good DD players now aren't a semblance of anything, but it looks stupid imo. I also find it funny how "CV sniping doesn't do anything" when you guys keep complaining and whining about planes... no CV = no planes... duh.. means if the CV's are out of the equation everything goes back to before the rework, but of course that would push the agenda a good DD player is worth something, and not "this patch DD's are useless" agenda..

It's to point out that a good DD player will be able to pay attention to the battle, and see wehre the players are, and take advantage of it. Even with this change, which I see actually good DD players do.. He never once showed himself, he stayed hidden, waited for an opening and totally let lose in a way DD players should. He was like a tiger waiting for the prey which is how DD's should be played. Waited for that opening and abuse dthe hell out of it. He got behind our team, took out the CV's at mid game, and then proceeded to be an absolute thorn in the side of my team, resulting in our attention being split and literally won the game for them because of it. Hands down excellent player and superb DD player.

Every DD can do this. This is 1 of many examples I've seen where playing a DD correctly is key. Was way too easy to abuse before, now its not, but the outcome is the same. You can destroy the balance in the game, and tilt the game into yoru teams favor in 1 fell swoop. Just takes some skill now, proper timing, and balls to do your job.

Of course the bad players and bad DD players will always complain this new patch stopped them from being useful (of course it did), but good DD players are really shining and I respect them more than ever now.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 4

[-BRS-]
[-BRS-]
Members
2,045 posts
14,749 battles
27 minutes ago, Lady_Athena said:

Who cares

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
9,327 posts
15,768 battles
53 minutes ago, Lady_Athena said:

51 minutes ago, Landsraad said:

49 minutes ago, Lady_Athena said:

So I guess it means DD's are still just as capable of doing what you could before the rework even if you're not skilled. Thanks for the point.

Notice you don't mention how many games in which you've seen DDs eliminated by CVs; wonder what that ratio would be?

[RKLES]
Members
8,272 posts
10,506 battles
56 minutes ago, Lady_Athena said:

Lol I am guilty as charged for doing in my DDs a few times now, also did it in some of my BBs and CAs as well. Lol you do not want to try and harass my ships and then allow me to catch sight of your CVs, it just dies not end well for the CVs. :cap_haloween:

Edited by Admiral_Thrawn_1

[BLKRS]
[BLKRS]
Alpha Tester
700 posts
2,349 battles
3 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Notice you don't mention how many games in which you've seen DDs eliminated by CVs; wonder what that ratio would be?

Because it makes no point in this post. Unless you're trying to argue it should be 50/50 in which case you're a lunatic. It's like you're so used to spitting out reverse counters as arguments you forget it doesn't always work lol.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 3

[WOLFB]
Members
2,058 posts
9,472 battles
8 minutes ago, Lady_Athena said:

Actually it was the sign of a very good DD player. He was in a gearing, and most of the battles were on the far right side of the map, both teams 80% of their ships were there. He was smart and aware enough to realize this. He also notiecd and realized where the planes were coming from. He took the initiative, and CV sniped in an opportune moment. It honestly won them the game.

Fair enough.

You can keep making excuses of why suddenly good DD players now aren't a semblance of anything, but it looks stupid imo. I also find it funny how "CV sniping doesn't do anything" when you guys keep complaining and whining about planes... no CV = no planes... duh.. means if the CV's are out of the equation everything goes back to before the rework, but of course that would push the agenda a good DD player is worth something, and not "this patch DD's are useless" agenda..

Sniping CV doesn't do anything good to your team. It's a waste of ressources. How many ship will you send to sing 1 CV while the other team can just spread and monopolize cap. It wasn't a good tactic before, it remains a bad tactic.  It's always easier to defend than attack. If you're wasting a DD + 1-2CA to go on a hunt, by the time you'll kill the CV you already lost half of your team and ennemi has enough point that caps won't do anything.

It's to point out that a good DD player will be able to pay attention to the battle, and see wehre the players are, and take advantage of it. Even with this change, which I see actually good DD players do.. He never once showed himself, he stayed hidden, waited for an opening and totally let lose in a way DD players should. He was like a tiger waiting for the prey which is how DD's should be played. Waited for that opening and abuse dthe hell out of it. He got behind our team, took out the CV's at mid game, and then proceeded to be an absolute thorn in the side of my team, resulting in our attention being split and literally won the game for them because of it. Hands down excellent player and superb DD player.

If he sailed behind your team, that alone already tells me your CV was doing enough spotting that your team could afford to let a DD go on a hunt. Also if the DD wasn't spotted once by the time he got to the red DD it means that the red CV was a potato or he was alone so he had other things to do, maybe sniping another DD or whatever.  I played mid tier CV to know how easy it is to destroy a DD. If the CV wants you dead, you'll be die.

Every DD can do this. This is 1 of many examples I've seen where playing a DD correctly is key. Was way too easy to abuse before, now its not, but the outcome is the same. You can destroy the balance in the game, and tilt the game into yoru teams favor in 1 fell swoop. Just takes some skill now, proper timing, and balls to do your job.

Every DD can go on a hunt for CV that doesn't mean they will contribute to help the team.  Go on a CV hunt with a Grozovoi or Gearing ? Questionnable but at least you won't die right away. Go on a CV hunt with Shima ? You better just stay in port you'll do a favor for your team and yourself. 

Playing DD right now is still possible but that doesn't mean they're not getting stomped by CVs. But people should enjoy playing DD now because in a few weeks, Soviet radar are going to be buffed and now not only you'll have to deal with CV but also with long range and long duration radar.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[BLKRS]
[BLKRS]
Alpha Tester
700 posts
2,349 battles
4 minutes ago, AlcatrazNC said:

Playing DD right now is still possible but that doesn't mean they're not getting stomped by CVs. But people should enjoy playing DD now because in a few weeks, Soviet radar are going to be buffed and now not only you'll have to deal with CV but also with long range and long duration radar.

They aren't getting "stomped" and that argument is quite narrow minded. I don't get why literally any other ship who says they can't do what they should be able to do (especially when it concerns BB's) people just say "Get gud" and laugh at them, yet DD's get a free pass..

Should BB's not get stomped by Cruisers or DD's who push ahead too early? Should Cruiser's not get stomped for doing that? Why should DD's be immune to ever getting stomped by something? Everything gets "hunted" by something in this game, and no cruisers don't "stomp" DD's unless that DD is just in a massively bad position..

As for the radar buff, I think radar needs to be nerfed and changed across the board with the new CV changes. I will forever argue the CV changes changed the game and how it unfolds in a better way, and DD's have been brought into a state they should of been for the last 3 years. Powerful, but not easily abuse able, but the CV rework ontop of the radar buffs is ridiculous.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 2

Members
328 posts
48 minutes ago, Lady_Athena said:

So?  A couple of nights ago I overextended, was cut off from my team, and ended up coming from the backfield to obliterate a Graf Zeppelin from 2.3km with my lowly Gaede.

Solo CV hunting behind enemy lines is usually not a high probability venture and a "good DD player" does things with a far higher chance of helping their team win.

• Cool 1

[BLKRS]
[BLKRS]
Alpha Tester
700 posts
2,349 battles
2 minutes ago, C14Alpha said:

So?  A couple of nights ago I overextended, was cut off from my team, and ended up coming from the backfield to obliterate a Graf Zeppelin from 2.3km with my lowly Gaede.

Solo CV hunting behind enemy lines is usually not a high probability venture and a "good DD player" does things with a far higher chance of helping their team win.

So again proving a good DD player has not been hindered by this patch. Thank you for your input.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[TMS]
Members
2,126 posts
23,814 battles
4 minutes ago, Lady_Athena said:

So again proving a good DD player has not been hindered by this patch. Thank you for your input.

You have proved nothing and this is a good DD player.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[BLKRS]
[BLKRS]
Alpha Tester
700 posts
2,349 battles
1 minute ago, Final8ty said:

You have proved nothing and this is a good DD player.

You contradicted yourself.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[SNIPR]
Beta Testers
403 posts
4,112 battles

Honestly.  It just means CV didn't bother looking at the SI indicator that literally spells out that a ship is detecting their carrier.

CV sees they are detected.  Sails away.  Good luck hitting that with torps.  Or even chasing it down as they rain planes on you and/or their team shoots as you.

I torped two CVs the other day but they had been hounded into the corner and I had caught them on a flank.  They were the last things left alive

[BLKRS]
[BLKRS]
Alpha Tester
700 posts
2,349 battles
1 hour ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

[hidden]

/yawn

I remember you from a few days ago, still spewing insults with nothing to back it. lawls

• Boring 2
  • Bad 1

[TMS]
Members
2,126 posts
23,814 battles
8 hours ago, Lady_Athena said:

You contradicted yourself.

No i didn't, i dont go CV hunting so i must be bad.

More DDS are dieing than ever before, im dieing more than ever before. I have to play further back than ever before= im being hindered more than ever before.

Caps  are not getting taken until after halfway through the battle and once a CV or CVs are on to me it's pretty much game over if i live through the battle is because they let me.

If a CV or CVs want a DD dead and persist the DD is dead period.

Edited by Final8ty
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[BLKRS]
[BLKRS]
Alpha Tester
700 posts
2,349 battles
2 minutes ago, Final8ty said:

No i didn't, i dont go CV hunting so i must be bad.

More DDS are dieing than ever before, im dieing more than ever before. I have to play further back than ever before= im being hindered more than ever before.

Caps  are nit getting taken until after halfway through the battle and once a CV or CVs are on to me it's pretty much game over if i live through the battle is because they let me.

If a CV or CVs want a DD dead and persist the DD is dead period.

It seems you may not be as good as you originally thought then. Tough break.

I played a few DD games, did just fine, and I barely play them. Get good I guess?

Tired of writing novels out with facts, proofs, and general good logic just for you and a few others to come back and copy paste the same senseless dribble. So that's all I'm going to honor you with.

Edit: also, if any ship wants any other ship dead, they will be dead with enough persistance.. but a DD can easily retreat back to safety far safer and quicker than any other ship, so lawls.. get good again..

• Cool 1

[TMS]
Members
2,126 posts
23,814 battles
3 minutes ago, Xeilin said:

Honestly.  It just means CV didn't bother looking at the SI indicator that literally spells out that a ship is detecting their carrier.

CV sees they are detected.  Sails away.  Good luck hitting that with torps.  Or even chasing it down as they rain planes on you and/or their team shoots as you.

I torped two CVs the other day but they had been hounded into the corner and I had caught them on a flank.  They were the last things left alive

I have killed CVs because they just happened to be there and yes too many of them don't move or react to be spotted.

[TMS]
Members
2,126 posts
23,814 battles
1 minute ago, Lady_Athena said:

It seems you may not be as good as you originally thought then. Tough break.

If you say so.

i have seen enough of your comments to know that you are not worth reading and a waste of space on my screen, so what is good is the ignore feature.

• Cool 1