You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Squib_Surefire

WG: "Would you mind taking a quick survey?" - 6 Feb 2019

11 comments in this topic

[1NJS]
Members
79 posts
5,418 battles

Shure I do not mind.... 

You have actually got me to a place where you can ask me anything related to the game I am willing to give you answers.  You can ask me if I think (I forget what the T5 ship is they are testing at T6) should be moved with or without a buff or not at all, you can ask me my thoughts on the new CV's, you can ask me about ranked, you can ask me why I have not played a particular ship, you can ask me how easy I am finding it to adapt to the new meta, you could ask for my thought on how to make aspects better, you can even ask leading questions to get answers on specific things that you want data on, any number of things.....

and you decide to only ask if I would recommend (a 1 to 10 rating) your game to others?   Not even a "Why do you allocate that rating?"

Edited by Squib_Surefire
  • Cool 2

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
1,648 posts
2,637 battles

Well they have to at least pretend they use player feedback.

One of my favorites is when mods and devs say 'the information in the development blog is preliminary and subject to change'

[KAOZ]
Beta Testers
3,511 posts
2,599 battles
14 minutes ago, Squib_Surefire said:

Shure I do not mind.... 

You have actually got me to a place where you can ask me anything related to the game I am willing to give you answers.  You can ask me if I think (I forget what the T5 ship is they are testing at T6) should be moved with or without a buff or not at all, you can ask me my thoughts on the new CV's, you can ask me about ranked, you can ask me why I have not played a particular ship, you can ask me how easy I am finding it to adapt to the new meta, you could ask for my thought on how to make aspects better, you can even ask leading questions to get answers on specific things that you want data on, any number of things.....

and you decide to only ask if I would recommend (a 1 to 10 rating) your game to others?   Not even a "Why do you allocate that rating?"

Rule #1 of surveys/poll...  Do not ask questions you do not want an answer for...

• Cool 1

Members
1,406 posts
47 battles
41 minutes ago, _1204_ said:

Well they have to at least pretend they use player feedback.

One of my favorites is when mods and devs say 'the information in the development blog is preliminary and subject to change'

And you do believe that everything mentioned in devblogs cannot be changed at all?

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
9,328 posts
15,768 battles
59 minutes ago, Francois424 said:

Rule #1 of surveys/poll...  Do not ask questions you do not want an answer for...

You'll notice WG, and WoW, ask damn few questions.

Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles

The only kind of poll that I've seen is the one that pops up sometimes after a battle asking how satisfied I am with that battle. I aint seen it since 8.0 was released. I wonder why...

[PVE]
Members
2,355 posts
19,731 battles
44 minutes ago, ReddNekk said:

The only kind of poll that I've seen is the one that pops up sometimes after a battle asking how satisfied I am with that battle. I aint seen it since 8.0 was released. I wonder why...

& just what do they mean by it? I still wonder to this day.

Are they asking how satisfied I am w/my performance in the battle (& if so...what is the point? How does how a person "feels" about their performance in randomly selected battle out of all the battles they play in any way at all give them any kind of data that they can use in order to help in game development/marketing/etc./or whatever the purpose of that poll is)?

Are they asking about MM...as in "regardless of my performance did I feel the game was balanced"?

Why is that question so vague? If they really want data they can use why don't they ask a question that is clearly understandable & w/actual relevance?

Although occasionally I do see an alternate question that asks, "How satisfied are you with World of Worships overall"? or something like that.

[BLKRS]
[BLKRS]
Alpha Tester
701 posts
2,349 battles
1 hour ago, ReddNekk said:

They probably removed it because it made no flipping sense, and the data was worthless..

Satisfied in what way? the way my ship played? The way the RNG worked that game? The MM? My own performance? My teams performance? ALl of the above? If it's all of the above we got problems then since that rating doesn't tell them jack in why I gave that rating lmbo... COmpletely worthless poll..

[KAOZ]
Beta Testers
3,511 posts
2,599 battles
8 hours ago, Lady_Athena said:

Satisfied in what way? the way my ship played? The way the RNG worked that game? The MM? My own performance? My teams performance? ALl of the above? If it's all of the above we got problems then since that rating doesn't tell them jack in why I gave that rating lmbo... COmpletely worthless poll..

I usually fill that up with the amount of fun/frustration I had in that match.
I had losses where I rated 4-5 stars, and victory where I put only one (the match in my Texas, without carriers, where the DDs/Fast Cruisers kill everything before I get there, Or I went the wrong side of the map and did nothing... ending up with <15k dmg and a boring match)

It varies wildly... but I love that poll. :Smile_honoring:

[P2W]
Members
132 posts
8,277 battles

I got the new poll as well, and it claimed it would only take a few minutes to fill out. The first (and only) question was "How likely are you to recommend this game to your friends?" (or something similar). I answered 3/10, and that was it. I wondered if I had given it an 11/10 if they would have asked me more questions. I also agree that asking me why I didn't think it is THE BEST THING EVAH!!! would have seemed like an obvious follow-up question, but perhaps in Soviet Russia opinion has you.

[A_51]
Members
679 posts
15,374 battles

There's a reason the Survey forum on this board is always empty.