Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Shane_and_Martin

One Week Since Version .8 play time reduced to 1/3

7 comments in this topic

Members
10 posts
7,920 battles

Manual AA needs to be fixed or NEVER called manual AA again.  The fun of manual AA is gone. Having my $34 ship go from 79 AA to 52 AA and completely ineffective stinks. Used to be 6.5km Big gun Aura having achieved Defensive AA Expert award with 46 T7 planes, and often 30+ including T8--now it is 5.2km with no manual, although manual is still selected in case this is changed to being worth 4 commander skill points. Right now it is worth 1, but still costs 4.

Yes my play time is reduced significantly and likely even more, I've found others that I enjoy more with my game time. WoW is just not fun when CVs can do whatever they like to a ship and commander having been designed for Antiaircraft Defense.

[INR]
Members
655 posts
3,719 battles
3 minutes ago, Shane_and_Martin said:

Manual AA needs to be fixed or NEVER called manual AA again.  The fun of manual AA is gone. Having my $34 ship go from 79 AA to 52 AA and completely ineffective stinks. Used to be 6.5km Big gun Aura having achieved Defensive AA Expert award with 46 T7 planes, and often 30+ including T8--now it is 5.2km with no manual, although manual is still selected in case this is changed to being worth 4 commander skill points. Right now it is worth 1, but still costs 4.

Yes my play time is reduced significantly and likely even more, I've found others that I enjoy more with my game time. WoW is just not fun when CVs can do whatever they like to a ship and commander having been designed for Antiaircraft Defense.

The New Manual AA is a lot more interactive than the old point-and-click Manual AA, imo. It's also definitely worth 4 points in my book. I can't run an AA build without it. *shrugs*

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
9,327 posts
15,768 battles
1 hour ago, WuYixiang said:

The New Manual AA is a lot more interactive than the old point-and-click Manual AA, imo.

Obviously neither you nor WoW ever considered that people don't play games to work hard, nor that the old AA system was ever broken. This entire patch is like having a milk cow that keeps getting out of the pasture, so you shoot the cow. Well who wanted to drink all that milk anyways, as I'm not nearly as thirsty as I used to be when I played my favorite video game all day.

[INR]
Members
655 posts
3,719 battles
3 hours ago, Umikami said:

Obviously neither you nor WoW ever considered that people don't play games to work hard, nor that the old AA system was ever broken. This entire patch is like having a milk cow that keeps getting out of the pasture, so you shoot the cow. Well who wanted to drink all that milk anyways, as I'm not nearly as thirsty as I used to be when I played my favorite video game all day.

No, I just don't buy that Manual AA shouldn't be called Manual AA when it's already more manual than previous iterations.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
9,327 posts
15,768 battles
5 hours ago, WuYixiang said:

No, I just don't buy that Manual AA shouldn't be called Manual AA when it's already more manual than previous iterations.

See, and I didn't buy that a player should have to work that hard just to have some fun.

[INR]
Members
655 posts
3,719 battles
6 minutes ago, Umikami said:

See, and I didn't buy that a player should have to work that hard just to have some fun.

I find it more fun than Ctrl+Clicking a target and forgetting about it, but whatever floats your boat.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
9,327 posts
15,768 battles
10 hours ago, WuYixiang said:

I find it more fun than Ctrl+Clicking a target and forgetting about it, but whatever floats your boat.

Exactly right.

Sign in to follow this