Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Cholly853

Skip a ship

6 comments in this topic

Members
2 posts
717 battles

Hi! I'm new at World of Warships so I have a simple question. I have the DD Benson and have paid the research price for the Fletcher but do not have the money yet to buy her. However when I paid the XP price for the research, the Gearing lit up. My question is if I build up the XP and the credits with the Benson, can I skip the Fletcher and just buy the Gearing since that's my goal anyway? Thanks for any help I can get.

[NMKJT]
Members
3,448 posts
1 minute ago, Cholly853 said:

Hi! I'm new at World of Warships so I have a simple question. I have the DD Benson and have paid the research price for the Fletcher but do not have the money yet to buy her. However when I paid the XP price for the research, the Gearing lit up. My question is if I build up the XP and the credits with the Benson, can I skip the Fletcher and just buy the Gearing since that's my goal anyway? Thanks for any help I can get.

Sort of

If you take the XP earned on the Bensen, and use doubloons to convert the required amount to Free XP, you can use that to unlock and purchase the Gearing. But you cannot use the XP directly from the Bensen. 

• Cool 1

[PSP]
Members
8,056 posts

Don't skip the Fletcher and save your free XP for researching modules and other things. Many think that the Fletcher is just as good, if not better for some things, as the Gearing. I've got both and like both equally well. My Fletcher is a dedicated stealth torpedo DD that also can hold itself well in a gunfight. My Gearing is a tanky gunship DD that also can send out torpedoes every couple of minutes. Both are good ships in their respective roles and both are equal to any tier X battle that they find themselves in.

Edited by Snargfargle

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
9,328 posts
15,768 battles
1 hour ago, Cholly853 said:

can I skip the Fletcher and just buy the Gearing since that's my goal anyway?

Like @Snargfargle said, don't skip Fletcher, it's way too good a ship and a helluva lot of fun to play. Many players find it superior to Gearing (considering it to be the best USN DD), and it certainly has a different playstyle. You will be denying yourself hours and hours of fun by not experiencing Fletcher, not to mention all those unfilled salt containers you will have cluttering up your domicile by not collecting the tears of all the victims you have allowed to get away.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
686 posts
5,951 battles

Id advise saving that XP regardless in your direct situation. The Fletcher is a great DD and does not need to be skipped. 

Sign in to follow this